ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't switch back to PSW what options do i have??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Olliec
Newly Registered

Can't switch back to PSW what options do i have??

Post by Olliec » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi, I am currently on a student visa, finishing my masters degree, i finished my B.A (hons) back in 2007 and switched to Post Study Work, then switched back to Student Visa in order to take on a masters degree. I'm reading the new changes to the system and apparently I cannot go back to PSW once i graduated from my current course. Can I apply to Tier 1 General in order to extend my stay in the UK??? I am partner of a company in my country of origin which gives me enough earnings to score 25-30 points. What other options do I have?? Please Help. Thank you very much for your help!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Tier 1 (General) is now closed.

Options:
1. Continue to be a Tier 4 (General) migrant ... enrol for another course.
2. Tier 1 (Investor).
3. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur).
4. Tier 2 (General).
5. Marry a settled person / British citizen.
6. If eligible, apply under ancestry route.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ash786
BANNED

Re: Can't switch back to PSW what options do i have??

Post by ash786 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Olliec wrote:Hi, I am currently on a student visa, finishing my masters degree, i finished my B.A (hons) back in 2007 and switched to Post Study Work, then switched back to Student Visa in order to take on a masters degree. I'm reading the new changes to the system and apparently I cannot go back to PSW once i graduated from my current course. Can I apply to Tier 1 General in order to extend my stay in the UK??? I am partner of a company in my country of origin which gives me enough earnings to score 25-30 points. What other options do I have?? Please Help. Thank you very much for your help!
1. There will be a new Student Entrepreneur category in 2012 so that might be good for you but nobody knows the details yet.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:38 am

Look for opportunities within EU.It's worth trying..
On my tomb there will be...''I DIDN'T FORWARD THE TEXT TO 15 PEOPLE''

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 am

If you really can't find a job, try the Tier 1 Entrepreneur. The new changes mean that you can get it if you can get 50,000 from a venture capitalist. or if you have a spare 200,000 of your own cash lying around, that can work too.

Olliec
Newly Registered

Post by Olliec » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 am

Thank you guys, the problem i have now is that my student visa runs out at the end of September 2011, I'm handing in my dissertation at the end of May. That means I have 4 months to get a job in a company willing to sponsor me or any other option? Im in Limbo I think!!

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Olliec wrote:Thank you guys, the problem i have now is that my student visa runs out at the end of September 2011, I'm handing in my dissertation at the end of May. That means I have 4 months to get a job in a company willing to sponsor me or any other option? Im in Limbo I think!!
1. A student union sabbatical is another option.