ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF1B - Family Visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prasnna

VAF1B - Family Visitors

Post by prasnna » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:48 am

Hi, I am planning to call my parent-in-law from india to UK for 3-4 months this summer. they will be filling VAF1B visa form - family visitors.

1. Could you please let me know what all documents I need to send as an sponsor?

2. Can I send photocopies / e-mail scanned documents to them or send original documents is best?

Thanks,
Prasnna

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: VAF1B - Family Visitors

Post by terriblescream » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:45 pm

prasnna wrote:Hi, I am planning to call my parent-in-law from india to UK for 3-4 months this summer. they will be filling VAF1B visa form - family visitors.

1. Could you please let me know what all documents I need to send as an sponsor?

2. Can I send photocopies / e-mail scanned documents to them or send original documents is best?

Thanks,
Prasnna
1. Your permission to stay in the UK i.e your leave to remain in the UK copy, your pay slips, your bank statements, accomodation where you intend to keep your visitors, a letter from yourself inviting them to visit you, evidence of your relation to them(your marriage certificate might have your parents in law names)

2. The documents should be original or else the application could be refused.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

terriblescream wrote: 2. The documents should be original or else the application could be refused.
Not a very accurate answer to be honest. You can send scanned documents of your original documentation for their visa. I have done this twice with no issues and also know of many others who have done the same.

Always best to send originals but many do not want to as bank statements, payslips, tenant agreement are very important pieces of paper to most people

KP

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:40 pm

kenfrapin wrote:
terriblescream wrote: 2. The documents should be original or else the application could be refused.
Not a very accurate answer to be honest. You can send scanned documents of your original documentation for their visa. I have done this twice with no issues and also know of many others who have done the same.

Always best to send originals but many do not want to as bank statements, payslips, tenant agreement are very important pieces of paper to most people

KP
It is a very accurate answer kenfrapin, and you can check that here
http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/applying.aspx

This is VFS link from where the applicant will apply as it is an application from INDIA it will be through VFS and the link clearly says in STEP 4 on the page

"Original documents

You must provide original documents. Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused. "

I have had my family's visa rejected soley because original documents were not sent

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:21 am

Ok we have a slight confusion point here.

The applicants must send their originals no doubt. I was talking about documents the person inviting them over has to send such as few bank statements, invitation letter, house contract etc....The OP clearly asked what he has to send home for this parents.

These docs can be scans and not originals. VFS link too says all documents must be original and refer to the applicant in specific - so the applicant ie parents need to provide original bank statements, payslips, property papers etc but the invitee living in the UK can send scans of his originals including invitation letter - and this is completely accepted. Everyone I know who get parents here send scans of their originals back to India.

Cheers
KP

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Ok we have a slight confusion point here.

The applicants must send their originals no doubt. I was talking about documents the person inviting them over has to send such as few bank statements, invitation letter, house contract etc....The OP clearly asked what he has to send home for this parents.

These docs can be scans and not originals. VFS link too says all documents must be original and refer to the applicant in specific - so the applicant ie parents need to provide original bank statements, payslips, property papers etc but the invitee living in the UK can send scans of his originals including invitation letter - and this is completely accepted. Everyone I know who get parents here send scans of their originals back to India.

Cheers
KP
I believed he was sponsoring his parents and they would rely on him and that is the reason I told originals, an invitation letter can be scanned copy but the statements should be rather original, the High Commission would be very likely to say that the documents are not original and since cannot be verified whether they have been tampered or not. Ofc they can know the permission to stay in the UK cos its by UKBA itself but bank statements they do not try to even call up back to UK to double check.

If the entire stay is sponsored by a person in the UK, then originals very much recommended. I intended to call my parents for my graduation and the sole reason for REFUSAL was PHOTOCOPIES.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:51 pm

You can send scanned/copies and risk the refusal...the choice is yours!

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:01 pm

terriblescream wrote:I intended to call my parents for my graduation
Were you a student when you applied for them to come or in full time work? You know how the UKBA works and probably wanted originals in your specific case. And as always,it just depends on the person verifying and stamping final visa. Unfortunate they rejected it.

I dont know of any working professional with sufficient info like employment letter, history of taxes paid etc whose request for family visitor visa has been refused due to photocopies. Always good to submit originals to avoid any risks and unwanted misery but photocopies are also accepted. Looks like yet another grey area within the UKBA :-)

KP

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:31 pm

kenfrapin wrote:
terriblescream wrote:I intended to call my parents for my graduation
Were you a student when you applied for them to come or in full time work? You know how the UKBA works and probably wanted originals in your specific case. And as always,it just depends on the person verifying and stamping final visa. Unfortunate they rejected it.

I dont know of any working professional with sufficient info like employment letter, history of taxes paid etc whose request for family visitor visa has been refused due to photocopies. Always good to submit originals to avoid any risks and unwanted misery but photocopies are also accepted. Looks like yet another grey area within the UKBA :-)

KP
I appealed against the decision that photocopies were good to go, this happened in 2009, and soon after I saw VFS asking for original documents and this came up on their websites during the process of the appeal.

I told the Judge, that the information available to sponsors clearly said photocopies would do. Appeal was allowed a visa issued.

Yes its surely grey area within UKBA

prasnna

Post by prasnna » Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 am

kenfrapin wrote:

KP
Hi, just found this link on ukba website, and they have mentioned copies of the documents, not sure if they mean photo-copies or original copies:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visit ... documents/

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat May 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Exactly, that's what I told the Judge at the hearing and he was ready to accept it although I showed him original documents as well.

I would say you rather not risk it because this is UKBA in UK but the ECO is abroad and you wouldn't wanna waste your visa app fees and face delays.

Possibly as a sponsor send your original bank statements rest could be copies. Any supporting document on behalf of applicant should be original like marriage certificate etc