ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) question on Section 5.1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

SET(O) question on Section 5.1

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi,

I have a question on section 5.1 in the SET(O) form. The question is:

Is your home in the UK:
a) owned by you?
b) rented from a local authority or housing association by you?
c) privately rented by you?
d) owned or
rented by a
relative or friend?
e) other? Give details below.

Now, my main application address, which is my permanent address is owned by family and I don't have to pay rent on that :), so naturally, I'd select, d).

However, I also rent a flat share in Manchester where I spend my work days usually.

Question is, should I mention the flatshare in Manchester? It looks irrelevant to me personally, just thought I'd run it through.

Have a nice weekend.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Actually its quite important to chose the right address and depends on the documents you provide
1. Where are all your letters addressed?
2. Where are other docs like Council tax (if provided), utility bills(if provided) etc on your name addressed?
3. If you give your perm address, then I guess you need a letter from your family but if you give your flat share address which is in your name then you dont need to.

If you have addressed all the above, then makes no difference as it is basically a case of having 2 places. Just remember to make it crystal clear to the UKBA so there's no questions asked

All the best
KP

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your question in short, all my letters, bills, bank statements, payslips etc. are addressed to my permanent residence address.

The only bills I pay for in the flat share is council tax, however that's immaterial to my application, since I'm a single applicant and don't need to provide utility bills or anything else to support claim for cohabitation?

As for a letter from my family, do I need one? What type of letter did you have in mind please?

Thanks.
kenfrapin wrote:Actually its quite important to chose the right address and depends on the documents you provide
1. Where are all your letters addressed?
2. Where are other docs like Council tax (if provided), utility bills(if provided) etc on your name addressed?
3. If you give your perm address, then I guess you need a letter from your family but if you give your flat share address which is in your name then you dont need to.

If you have addressed all the above, then makes no difference as it is basically a case of having 2 places. Just remember to make it crystal clear to the UKBA so there's no questions asked

All the best
KP