ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa (Multiple entry) IMPORTANT

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Reetu
Newly Registered

Re-entry visa (Multiple entry) IMPORTANT

Post by Reetu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Hai

I am an Indian national living and working in Ireland on Stamp-4 visa since May 2005 and we have applied and get Re-entry visa (Multiple entry) couple of times. I am legally/lawfully resident in Ireland and doesn't have any criminal background or case against me either in ireland or anywhere in the world. Also i am permanent employee with HSE and have GNIB Card valid until further two years as well.

Recently i have applied at Indian embassy Ireland for Police clearance certificate and i got it as well, so as might be a policy of Indian embassy ireland, they have stamped on my passport about the issuance of PCC for Canada. The PCC is just for applying Immigration to canada for future migration to canada, but i have still not applied or processed any documents.

Anyway i have recently applied/posted at Re-entry visa section in INIS, dublin for re-entry visa (multiple entry visa) with valid (2 years valid) GNIB Card, photo, and required fee, but surprisingly i got a rejection letter saying that according to the stamp in my passport (from Indian embassy ireland), they came to know that i am going or having future plan to immigrate or residing in Canda, so for this reason, they can't issue Multiple entry visa rather than Single entry visa upon showing return flight ticket. As i am an Indian national, am i allowed for enty to Ireland from India only than other countries with multiple entry visa? Can't i entry to Ireland from other countries, for an example if i want to go USA or Canada or any other european countries and come back from there to Ireland? Is re-entry visa (multiple entry visa) issuing country wise? If i have valid GNIB card and permanent job here and legally resident here, then why i didn't get issued mulitiple entry visa because of above reason, saying?

As far as i know it should be my personal matter, wherever and whenever i want to go and entry to ireland with valid visa and not with officer in re-entry visa section.

How can i get justice and to whom i should approach for getting me proper justice.

Can somebody please advise

thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Wow! Amazing that they do this, and very pathetic.

I wish you well in your fight with them, but I suspect it may be a long and hard one. I would love to buy you a good beer if I were to be in Dublin soon, but I regret that I won't be.

I assume you are not married to a non-Irish EU citizen, in which case all this would go away...

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Wow! Amazing that they do this, and very pathetic.

I wish you well in your fight with them, but I suspect it may be a long and hard one. I would love to buy you a good beer if I were to be in Dublin soon, but I regret that I won't be.

I assume you are not married to a non-Irish EU citizen, in which case all this would go away...
I married to a non eu national (from India) and i have Irish born child with Irish passport.

Is an officer in Re-entry visa section can decide which country i have to go and which country not with multiple entry visa they are issuing? I think it is entirely upon me and my personal interest. If i am staying in Ireland, i should have valid immigration status and re-entry visa as well if i want to go another country and come back to Ireland within Re-entry visa period. How can they refuse me to issue multiple entry visa, with just reason that i have future plan to migrate to canada which they could came to know from the endorsed stamp in my passport. I don't think that i have done anything illegal/ wrong by applying for PCC at Indian embassy ireland and upon issuance of PCC, Indian embassy stamped about it on my passport.

Yes i know that whatever the said officer at Re-entry visa section done is wrong and i am going to fight with them by contacting them directly.

However prior to that, i want to know that are there any kind of rule or restrictions that i can enter ireland only from my home country (India) with multiple entry visa.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:34 am

Amazing, how can they do that and on what basis INIS/Dept of Foreign Affairs (whomever deals with re-entry) can refuse you. Where ever one wants to go/intends to go is his/her own business and well within their own rights to seek residency or visa in another country. Line up an immigration solicitor is my suggestion to you, seek advise from them, this is plain rubbish and no one can/should stop you getting multiple enteries if you want.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:03 am

can't believe this. Did they put rejection stamp in your passport?

Also, will it be same for Irish spouses, if they have other EU countries visas?

Regards

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

Hai there

Thanks for your reply.

They didn't put any kind of rejection stamp on my passport rather than put reason on a piece of paper with passport ,garda carda, etc.. in return.

In a piece of paper, they write exactly as following:-

" It would appear from the stamps in your passports that it is your intention to Reside in Canada in the future, therefore it is not possible to issue Re-entry visas. Single journey Re-entries may be issued if you provide flight tickets showing your return date "

After issued Police clearance certificate from Indian embassy Ireland, they endorsed a stamp like " Police Clearance certificate issued for Canada ". I don't think that it is illiegal to get a PCC and endorsed stamp for the same as a matter of policy of Indian embassy of Ireland. So, because of this stamp, Re-entry visa section at INIS saying above with refusal to issue me multiple entry visa. As far as i know i need to have seperate visa to visit any country like America, Canada, eu countries, etc... and for getting these visa, i supposed to have to provide PCC as well.

So, anyway it is quite difficult to understand about refusal to issue me multiple entry visa. We are going to meet them personally on next Wednesday. However i have doubt that do i have fight with them for multiple entry visa or accepting single entry visa which they are offering upon showing our flight ticket, It is because i have to go India on 22nd May for brother marriage.

I can't suffer the expenses with Immigration solicitor and i don't think that anybody will offer free service.

please advise

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Reetu,

I can understand your situation. The best thing you can do is to try and convince immigration officer. Be prepared to give valid reason for obtaining Candian police clearance certificate.
Reetu wrote:Hai there

Thanks for your reply.

They didn't put any kind of rejection stamp on my passport rather than put reason on a piece of paper with passport ,garda carda, etc.. in return.

In a piece of paper, they write exactly as following:-

" It would appear from the stamps in your passports that it is your intention to Reside in Canada in the future, therefore it is not possible to issue Re-entry visas. Single journey Re-entries may be issued if you provide flight tickets showing your return date "

After issued Police clearance certificate from Indian embassy Ireland, they endorsed a stamp like " Police Clearance certificate issued for Canada ". I don't think that it is illiegal to get a PCC and endorsed stamp for the same as a matter of policy of Indian embassy of Ireland. So, because of this stamp, Re-entry visa section at INIS saying above with refusal to issue me multiple entry visa. As far as i know i need to have seperate visa to visit any country like America, Canada, eu countries, etc... and for getting these visa, i supposed to have to provide PCC as well.

So, anyway it is quite difficult to understand about refusal to issue me multiple entry visa. We are going to meet them personally on next Wednesday. However i have doubt that do i have fight with them for multiple entry visa or accepting single entry visa which they are offering upon showing our flight ticket, It is because i have to go India on 22nd May for brother marriage.

I can't suffer the expenses with Immigration solicitor and i don't think that anybody will offer free service.

please advise

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed May 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Reetu wrote: I married to a non eu national (from India) and i have Irish born child with Irish passport.

Is an officer in Re-entry visa section can decide which country i have to go and which country not with multiple entry visa they are issuing? I think it is entirely upon me and my personal interest. If i am staying in Ireland, i should have valid immigration status and re-entry visa as well if i want to go another country and come back to Ireland within Re-entry visa period. How can they refuse me to issue multiple entry visa, with just reason that i have future plan to migrate to canada which they could came to know from the endorsed stamp in my passport. I don't think that i have done anything illegal/ wrong by applying for PCC at Indian embassy ireland and upon issuance of PCC, Indian embassy stamped about it on my passport.

Yes i know that whatever the said officer at Re-entry visa section done is wrong and i am going to fight with them by contacting them directly.

However prior to that, i want to know that are there any kind of rule or restrictions that i can enter ireland only from my home country (India) with multiple entry visa.

No, there's no such rule. I've travelled to Portugal & returned to Ireland with my Multiple entry Visa on Indian Passport. The INIS are desperate to retain you in Ireland & have seen so many Healthcare workers emigrating to Australia & Canada that they fear you'll do the samething..

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Tue May 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Hai there

I have got my multiple entry visa today after personally meeting with the visa officer. The guy who was in the counter didn't even ask about PCC Issued for canada. But after issued multiple entry visa to me and at the time of processing my kid application, he then again ask for my GNIB Card & Passport and then later told that I have PCC issued for Canada and after you you have Canadian Visa, i will have to inform them and my multiple entry visa would be revoked then. I didn't understand fully about, but thank God that eventually i got multiple entry visa without any issue.

thanks

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Reetu wrote:Hai there

I have got my multiple entry visa today after personally meeting with the visa officer. The guy who was in the counter didn't even ask about PCC Issued for canada. But after issued multiple entry visa to me and at the time of processing my kid application, he then again ask for my GNIB Card & Passport and then later told that I have PCC issued for Canada and after you you have Canadian Visa, i will have to inform them and my multiple entry visa would be revoked then. I didn't understand fully about, but thank God that eventually i got multiple entry visa without any issue.

thanks
Glad to see you eventually got your reentry visa. It was no doubt overzealous on the part of he visa officer to refuse you a reentry visa to a country where you are still currently reside and work.

Glad to see you've sorted it out anyway.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us