ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents returned,passports seized eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

DFDS.

Re: fraud

Post by DFDS. » Tue May 03, 2011 9:44 am

toni34 wrote:mr,you have a long way to convince homeoffice,and dont think they buy ur words that her passport is stolen,they know the script,what happen is that someone will pay someone from portugal to come over to the uk,marry the person,fly back to portugal,then send back her passport then you wil apply for rc with it,but nowadays,if they suspect fowl play,they will actually track her travel history,to know if she has lived here,or if she flew here for maybe two weeks,pls be aware that they will come to ur address to look for you cause they believe it is fraud.infact there is a new department inside the ukba tracking down fraudulent rc applicants.am not going to advise you on what action you should take,but watch ur back,you maybe arrestted.am not saying ur case is fraudulent,but am not homeoffice,

I dont know much about ukba tracking fraudrant applications, but i know that there is no harm for someone exercising there treaty rights in various ways. One can be across border worker, some are just self sufficient, while continue to run there business and responsibilies back home and at the same time, there is no harm for some one not be present in the country for not longer than 6months. So i don't understand what you mean by Ukba tracking peoples movements as long as they do not pose threat to the general public.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

koded

Post by koded » Tue May 03, 2011 12:33 pm

I don’t think he should be watching his back. If HO believed that the initial application was fraudulent they would have arrested him and the spouse. But I know they will investigate properly his new application. And as I said before they made things not easy for themselves like not informing their embassy when his wife’s passport was found. It could take time but I don’t know if they will maintain the 6 months’ timeframe in this case.
I will like to know if the OP’s wife is exercising her treaty right in UK and if so then he shouldn’t be worried so much.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

re-fraud

Post by toni34 » Tue May 03, 2011 7:11 pm

koded and co,if you have not been arrested or ur close one has not been arrested before,definately you wont know what am talking about,period,am not been paid to give hime advise,
am not joining issues with any one here.but like i said,we have not heard the last of this application.
NON EU national with RC

Kinz
Newly Registered

Re: documents returned,passports seized eea family permit

Post by Kinz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:17 pm

So if your passport was being seized you can apply for a new one? I didn't know that. Doesn't the home office involve the embassy that your passport is with them?