ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

allta

Post by allta » Tue May 03, 2011 11:42 am

wunder wrote:I've got my approval! :)
Waited for 9 weeks.

Gosh, was gonna wait for 8weeks before calling; now I got a 9weeks wait to beat.....lol

Congrats wunder, so happy for you matey.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

avis
Newly Registered

Post by avis » Tue May 03, 2011 2:05 pm

I got my approval today...

CRITERIA - WP+ILR
Type - NCS
Date of submission - 09/03/2011
Date reached HO – 10/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 16/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 21/03/2011 (dated 16/03/2011)
Date of receipt of approval - 03/05/2011 (dated 18/04/2011)
Date of Ceremony - 01/06/2011

ferrarilondon wrote:its not only just the fees Kamilian10 its new laws coming into force etc that started this sudden increase in application numbers recently.

Any one applied in March got the approval yet?

tintin

Post by tintin » Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Congratulations Avis.

Did the invitation letter come separately from the approval letter? I thought that one is suppose to ring the council to book the ceremony after the invitation letter is received.

avis
Newly Registered

Post by avis » Tue May 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks tintin..

I didn't wait for a letter from the council; that will take its own time.
I called up the council anyways and asked for the earliest ceremony date.

They asked for the Home Office reference number and my first name and seemed to have a record of this.

tintin wrote:Congratulations Avis.

Did the invitation letter come separately from the approval letter? I thought that one is suppose to ring the council to book the ceremony after the invitation letter is received.
Last edited by avis on Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Congratulation avis, I applied one week after you so I should hear something from them soon . Thank God this long holiday period is over now.

TC

Passport Interview

Post by TC » Tue May 03, 2011 2:50 pm

My wife and I have applied for our first adult British Passports following naturalisation.

Date of application: 21/04/2011 (Special delivery)
Date received by IPS: 26/04/2011 (Delay due to Bank Holidays)
Date of Credit Card payment: 27/04/2011
Date of receipt of passports and documents back: 03/05/2011

We still have not received the letter from IPS regarding the interviews. We managed to call IPS and have booked the interviews on Saturday 7th and I am hoping to get the letters by then. The person who booked our interviews said that we would need the letter for the interview.

Can someone who has attended the interview recently tell me if we have to take the letters??

Thanks.

TC

Gul
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by Gul » Tue May 03, 2011 3:01 pm

It almost 11 weeks now and still waiting for caseworker to pickup application
:lol:

hahahah .............. its difficult to understand how HO pick the applications and made the allocation to casework ....

Anyway good luck to those waiting for approval including me and ferrarilondon ! :D

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Gul , I have strong feelings that the high risk nationalities applicants have to wait longer than other nationalities applicants. I might be wrong but these are my gut feelings.

I am Pakistani what about you GUL?

allta

Post by allta » Tue May 03, 2011 3:40 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Gul , I have strong feelings that the high risk nationalities applicants have to wait longer than other nationalities applicants. I might be wrong but these are my gut feelings.

You might be right you know....HO reserves the right to make checks with foreign agencies on applicants from a special list of countries. As long as one doesn't have skeletons in one's cupboard, there is nothing to worry about other than just wait! A friend of mine waited for more than 8months to sort out her permanent residence status in the USA having married an American.

Her application had to go through 3 different govt authorities - UCIS, NVC and American Embassy in London. She had to go through criminal record checks in the UK and back home in South Africa. In the end they approve her residence - now, that was just residence permit!

I wish there was something we can do to speed up this process other than wait - but the limit is 6months....and I'm not bothered because I have other things to divert my attention to - luckily...lol. Having said that, I will check every 4weeks (after initial 8weeks) at least to know that my app is moving up the ladder.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Tue May 03, 2011 3:54 pm

allta wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Gul , I have strong feelings that the high risk nationalities applicants have to wait longer than other nationalities applicants. I might be wrong but these are my gut feelings.

You might be right you know....HO reserves the right to make checks with foreign agencies on applicants from a special list of countries. As long as one doesn't have skeletons in one's cupboard, there is nothing to worry about other than just wait! A friend of mine waited for more than 8months to sort out her permanent residence status in the USA having married an American.

Her application had to go through 3 different govt authorities - UCIS, NVC and American Embassy in London. She had to go through criminal record checks in the UK and back home in South Africa. In the end they approve her residence - now, that was just residence permit!

I wish there was something we can do to speed up this process other than wait - but the limit is 6months....and I'm not bothered because I have other things to divert my attention to - luckily...lol. Having said that, I will check every 4weeks (after initial 8weeks) at least to know that my app is moving up the ladder.
may be its right but one of my friend applied in first week of march 2011 and he got approved the other applied before that in the end of February 2011 but still waiting and both are Pakistani so how strange it is
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 03, 2011 3:57 pm

No one can tell how they work in HO department. Just spoke with a friend of mine ( ex Pakistani national got his approval in 4 weeks from the day of submission in first week of January 2011 )

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Spoke to HO since i had to update some details and i was told my application was awaiting consideration.. i am not sure what this means but i hope i will get my approval soon..

CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP JR + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS Slough
Date of submission - 19/03/2011
Date reached HO – 21/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 22/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 25/03/2011 dated 22/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

Still waiting for approval... :)[/quote]

t4tahir
Newly Registered

Post by t4tahir » Tue May 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Kiran234 wrote:Spoke to HO since i had to update some details and i was told my application was awaiting consideration.. i am not sure what this means but i hope i will get my approval soon..

CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP JR + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS Slough
Date of submission - 19/03/2011
Date reached HO – 21/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 22/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 25/03/2011 dated 22/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –

Still waiting for approval... :)
[/quote]

Applied on 17.03.2011 from NCS Slough and called today and had same response , but they also said now processing time is between 3 to 6 months.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue May 03, 2011 4:45 pm

allta wrote:Congrats wunder, so happy for you matey.
Thank you! :D
Finally, I will be able to call myself British and have documentary proof of it :wink:

tintin

Post by tintin » Tue May 03, 2011 6:44 pm

avis wrote:Thanks tintin..

I didn't wait for a letter from the council; that will take its own time.
I called up the council anyways and asked for the earliest ceremony date.

They asked for the Home Office reference number and my first name and seemed to have a record of this.

That was clever Avis. I'll try the same when I get my approval, hopefully.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Actually, as you get your letter of approval, the council gets your citizenship certification letter which they give out only after the ceremony.

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by Cranberry » Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

Update

Criteria - Long residence + ILR

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission or posting: 14th April 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 15 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of passport application: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 am

Hi guys, I applied today and will update as I go.
Just my luck eh, I apply right after a fee increase and right in the middle of a surge of demand meaning I'll probably wait twice as long as normal :(
I have waited for this so long, and now I am so paranoid that I think I'll leave the car at home until I get my approval, for fear of getting another FPN - you know how it is, when they're on one of their revenue generation rounds, sometimes even when you do nothing wrong they find SOMETHING to fine you.

Criteria: EEA Worker 5 years + 1 year permanent residence
(Permanent Residence Card obtained March 2010)

Type of application: Postal
Date posted: 4 MAY 2011
Date received by UKBA: 10 MAY 2011 (delay unexplained)
Date card debited: 13 MAY 2011
Date acknowledgement received: 18 MAY 2011 dated 12 MAY 2011
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of passport application:
Method used:
Date of Receipt:
Last edited by daniash on Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed May 04, 2011 11:20 am

hello guys,would home office accept a certified photo copy of a passport from a solicitor for AN app???? thanks

River1river
Newly Registered

Post by River1river » Wed May 04, 2011 12:02 pm

forwardever wrote:hello guys,would home office accept a certified photo copy of a passport from a solicitor for AN app???? thanks
I think to be on the safe side and you really need your documents , use the NCS at your local council

avis
Newly Registered

Post by avis » Wed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

gidoc wrote:Actually, as you get your letter of approval, the council gets your citizenship certification letter which they give out only after the ceremony.
Correct. All that the person did at the council was to ask me to repeat the pledge and then wrote the date on a pre-printed certificate.

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 04, 2011 1:14 pm

avis wrote:
gidoc wrote:Actually, as you get your letter of approval, the council gets your citizenship certification letter which they give out only after the ceremony.
Correct. All that the person did at the council was to ask me to repeat the pledge and then wrote the date on a pre-printed certificate.
So have you already had your ceremony? Also when you rang the council yesterday, what did you exactly ask them?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Must be a private ceremony

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Must be a private ceremony
Yes its got to be a private ceremony as Avis only got his approval yesterday.

There is a ceremony at the council where I live on the 11th of May, but I dont think I'll get my approval before that and then I'll have to wait until the second week of June. I am not really planning to spend another 100 quids for a private ceremony, but I might in case I have to wait a full month for the next public ceremony.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 04, 2011 2:13 pm

tintin :?: so in your council they only do once in a month? that is not good. which council is that? Iheard most of the London councils have weekly ceremonies