ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial HSMP + TIER1( under HSMP JR) + possible extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malayanayak

Post by malayanayak » Wed May 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Dear All

I got my passport back with date corrected. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

skyhaoo wrote:7th Mar posted to Oliver Rae, roughly extra 10 weeks on top of the old visa

crcnaidu
Newly Registered

Post by crcnaidu » Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi,
Congrats on your passports return. how long it took for you to receive passports back

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 am

mine is back too

malayanayak

Post by malayanayak » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

it took 7 weeks

crcnaidu wrote:Hi,
Congrats on your passports return. how long it took for you to receive passports back

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 am

Hi All,

Firstly congrats to everybody who got the passports back :)

It might be a silly question but just need some information for my peace of mind :?

People who have received their passports back
Got it in the general post which gets delivered in the morning or is it a special signed delivery which may come any time in the day?

cheers
dba_kkk

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm

dba_kkk wrote:Hi All,

Firstly congrats to everybody who got the passports back :)

It might be a silly question but just need some information for my peace of mind :?

People who have received their passports back
Got it in the general post which gets delivered in the morning or is it a special signed delivery which may come any time in the day?

cheers
dba_kkk
We provided a special delivery envelop, which they use to send passports back

ahmeds
Newly Registered

Post by ahmeds » Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Dear all !

thanks for this thread specially hitu119 and sushdmehta, you guys made my day , otherwise i was having a heartache of paying this sum of money in one months. :)

I am planning to apply Settlement , on ground of these new rules, where case worker can consider 3 month between EC and ENTER in UK.

I lie between 3 April 2006 to Nov 2006 so i have to full fill 5 yrs but i am shortfall of 3 weeks so before this new rule of short fall , i would have to apply for 2nd extension and then settlement.

Got EC on 19 July 2006 = 1 Year
Enter in UK on 8 September 2006
Extension on 19 July 2007 until 19 July 2011 = 4 Years

so for settlement my 28 days will be on 10 August 2011, which mean i couldn't apply for settlement on 10 august as my visa is expiring on 19 july ( so really it would have been £ 1300 just for 3 weeks short fall :(

But now my questions are:
1 - My current extension expiring on 19 July 2011 how early i can apply for settlement?

2 - I will be doing it in person application so do i need to give any reference of this new shortfall rule to caseworker, would they know already about it ( i have past experience where i see lack of information even between home office staff).

3. any advice would highly be appreciated

Any reply and help would highly be appreciated as i need to take further steps quickly.

Many Thanks

sushdmehta wrote:
rkc wrote:I do not want to create confusion here but where does it specify that this provision applies to all categories? It only mentions that this applies to cases where "continuous leave of five years was granted". I thought this means work permit holders who are given a five year leave to remain at the outset?
Tier 1 settlement guidance (Annex B -> 2.2).
Tier 2 settlement guidance (5.2).
Other categories (page 3 and 4).

Leave under HSMP / Tier 1 (General) / Tier 2 was never granted for 5 years in a single instance. It was always initial grant + extension to make up 5 years (e.g. - 1+4, 2+3, 3+2), therefore the meaning of "granted five years continuous leave" in the text of the relevant instruction in the various documents should not be assumed to be "granted five years continuous leave in one instance".
:) :) :)

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 am

Hi All,

Finally I got my passport back today :D

dba_kkk

wk_hsmp06
Newly Registered

Finally got it

Post by wk_hsmp06 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:24 am

HI All,

I got my passports today.

Thanks to all who gave valuable advises.

Special thanks to bani and ruthie.

I have sent a special delivery envelop with my office address for returning of passports but they have sent it on my home address using the sam envelop. Delivery came yesterday but I could not get it and have to collect from collection centre. I was checking the mail in office daily. Anyways good news is I got it in the end.

One quick question
On my wife visa type is mentioned as PBS dependant. Is it okie or it should be hsmp dependant.?

Thanks again and this forum is indeed very helpful.

geriatrix

Re: Finally got it

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 am

wk_hsmp06 wrote: Is it okie or it should be hsmp dependant.?
It is okie.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

atukflrn

Post by atukflrn » Fri May 06, 2011 10:40 am

I have also got my passports from the Home Office with visa duly extended. I had submitted them on 28-FEB-2011.

Hope everyone, who has applied, gets the visa correction.

Cheers...

emarketeruk

Tier 1 Extension after expiry

Post by emarketeruk » Fri May 06, 2011 4:11 pm

hello, my question is slightly complicated.

i entered the UK in 2004 as a working holiday maker and switched to HSMP in Jan 2006 (so covered by HSMP JW) then the rules changes, but i still manage to quality as i was running a business in the UK and my Tier 1 has been given under the transitional arrangements for self employed.

now i have spent 5 years in HSMP & Tier 1 even though i only need to spend only 4 years for ILR.

I have applied for my ILR and my current Tire 1 is already expired. My question is, if my ILR is refused, will i be able to extand my Tier 1 as i will not have a valid visa?

appreciate your reply

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 Extension after expiry

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

emarketeruk wrote:I have applied for my ILR and my current Tire 1 is already expired. My question is, if my ILR is refused, will i be able to extand my Tier 1 as i will not have a valid visa?
No. You'll be granted the right to appeal the refusal but you cannot make a new application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

naeed

Post by naeed » Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi and congrats to all those u got their passports corrected back.

Do we need to send any photographs along with the covering letter and passports for correction?????

Appreciate quick reply

Thank u.

naeed

Need photographs for visa correction?

Post by naeed » Fri May 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi and congrats to all those u got their passports corrected back.

Do we need to send any photographs along with the covering letter and passports for correction?????

Appreciate quick reply

Thank u.

wk_hsmp06
Newly Registered

Re: Need photographs for visa correction?

Post by wk_hsmp06 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

naeed wrote: Do we need to send any photographs along with the covering letter and passports for correction?????
Yes you need to send photographs so that they can stamp visa for each individual.

check first page of this post for the list of documents.

bani

Post by bani » Sat May 07, 2011 7:25 am

cial wrote:Guys, I am in the same boat as you. I have a shortfall on my HSMP extension of 2 months. When I contacted the UKBA last month, they told me to apply for a second extension, which on 1st March 2011.

I have now come across this thread, and I am realising that I should have had my first extension changed based on the Judical review policy (not even most workers at UKBA understand what it means).

They have however already deducted the payment from my Credit Card for me+2dependents. So it is too late to stop the process for the 2nd extension.

What should i do?
Just saw this post again. You can apply for a refund of your second extension. Recent UKBA letter (19 April from Kate Chubb of UKBA) says they will consider this. I suggest you write Kate Carr or Oliver Rae who were named in the original instructions.

hass

Post by hass » Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to send my passport for correction this week.
I have a short fall of 3 months and 10 days while I was granted FLR previously.

I have got a problem;my passport with the 1st EC was lost back in 2007. I then applied for NTOC onto my new passport. I received my FLR on this new passport for further 3 years in 2008. Now as I was not given correct leave, I have to apply for correction. What proof I need to send for my entry date into UK. As the passport with original stamps while leaving my home country was lost. This new passport doesnt show any such stamps. Unfortunately I dont have any copies of the previous passport.

Thanks

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Wed May 25, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Hass,

there will be a uniq reference number on the

HSMP approval letter when you first applied and also there will be another number on the letter given to you on the first FLR

attach both letters with the list of docs from this thread and
explain you details in the covering letter...

I think they can bring up your details in the system

good luck

cheers
dba_kkk

hass

Post by hass » Wed May 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks dba,
I have got these originals, but how they will be able to trace when I first entered in the UK. As normally it is a stamp on the passport to indicate the date of entry

Regards

naeed

sent back amended visa

Post by naeed » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 am

Hi
thanks everyone on this board who helped me.

today i got my passport with extension to dates which is enough for ILR thus avoiding the cost of another extension .

thank u.

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Hello All,

I am covered by HSMP FLR JR. And got my first extension given for 3 yrs and currently valid till Feb 2012. However I am falling short of about 6 months for ILR requirement of 5yrs as I've entered the country after 6 months due to personal reasons in september 2007.

I am planning to apply for correction for me, wife and baby to get the visa extended until september 2012. Do you know if they consider my application as I've entered the country after 6 months ?

Thanks

hitu119
Newly Registered

I have now recieved my passport /visa with one more month

Post by hitu119 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 pm

I have recived my visa with additional leave.
I have applied on 27 th may and Have recived on 22 june.

Thanks all for support.

a4anoop
Newly Registered

Re: I have now recieved my passport /visa with one more mont

Post by a4anoop » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:13 pm

hitu119 wrote:I have recived my visa with additional leave.
I have applied on 27 th may and Have recived on 22 june.

Thanks all for support.
Hi,

I need to get same correction done on my passport.
Could you please let me know:
- What documents did you sent with your passport.
- what address did you sent the passports and addressed to whom
- do we have any phone number where we can call and check with them before sending by post

Thanks and regards,
Anoop

pskhanuja
Newly Registered

Post by pskhanuja » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

I would like to thank the forum for providing valuable information which made it possible for me to make correct decision.

I would like to share my experience and hope this would help others who are in the same boat as I am:

My initial HSMP was approved on 12 June 2006, stamped EC Visa on 26 July 2006 for 1 year and landed in UK in 10 Sept, 2006 (46 days later of EC). A year later got extension of 4 years up to 26 July 2011.

I had now three options:

1. Due to recent changes in ILR 5 years calculation period, I was thinking of going for settlement visa (as I entered UK within 3 months of granting EC ). However since I got mixed responses from different Home office advisers, I decided to go for second extension.

2. I could have gone for second extension by filling up FLR Tier1(HSMP) form and paying required amount of money. I decided not to go for this as I found out from this Forum that I can get my dates extended as I am covered by JR.

3. So instead of sending my passports straightway, first I sent a letter through post. In the letter I included my HSMP reference number, described immigration history and asked for their confirmation. I also attached a copy of my HSMP approval and copy of my first extension letter. Almost a month later, I got a reply where they agreed on amending the dates.

So I sent my passports(including of my dependants) + photographs with a covering letter. After exactly 24 days I got the passports back with amended dates (upto 10 Sept 2011).

Now I will be applying for settlement visa on 15 August 2011(almost 28 days ahead of 10 sept 2011

Thanks all once again...

P S K