ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr- need help, owe child maintenance??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poweller123
Newly Registered

ilr- need help, owe child maintenance??

Post by poweller123 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 pm

hiya i have asked this before but dont know if i used the wrong words, so im going to try it again as im stressing out about it, does anyone know if my application for ilr will be refused on the basis of owing child maintenance? i owe it back in the US and the father understands the situation and knows i will be paying it again soon, but im afraid the government will just see i owe and refuse me on the basis, any advice would be greatly appreciated as im about to apply this week, much thanks in advance,, :?

ash786
BANNED

Re: ilr- need help, owe child maintenance??

Post by ash786 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:07 pm

poweller123 wrote:hiya i have asked this before but dont know if i used the wrong words, so im going to try it again as im stressing out about it, does anyone know if my application for ilr will be refused on the basis of owing child maintenance? i owe it back in the US and the father understands the situation and knows i will be paying it again soon, but im afraid the government will just see i owe and refuse me on the basis, any advice would be greatly appreciated as im about to apply this week, much thanks in advance,, :?
1. Public funds are UK funds and nothing to do with US.

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 pm

no im not on about public funds- its called child support in america but ive been told its called child maintenance over here- (when a couple has a child they split and the other adult who doesnt have the kid have to pay for some living expenses)

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:32 pm

poweller123 wrote:no im not on about public funds- its called child support in america but ive been told its called child maintenance over here- (when a couple has a child they split and the other adult who doesnt have the kid have to pay for some living expenses)
1. Yes i am aware of that.
2. Let me ask again, who do you owe money USA or UK?
3. You said that you owe it back in US and my answer is based that u r saying that you owe money in US and not UK.
4. Even if you owe child support in america then it is nothing to do with UK applications.

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 am

yes in the US- thank you so much for your help i have been stressing that they will try and make me leave my family on owing it- can i ask you one more question as well on the ilr form there is a section that says have u ever been served with a civil judgement- does that count as a civil judgement?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 pm

poweller123 wrote:yes in the US- thank you so much for your help i have been stressing that they will try and make me leave my family on owing it- can i ask you one more question as well on the ilr form there is a section that says have u ever been served with a civil judgement- does that count as a civil judgement?
1. If you have been convicted in a court then it will be entered in your name in the UK and is called civil judgement.

poweller123
Newly Registered

Post by poweller123 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 pm

well me and my ex went to court over who was going to get our child and thats when child support was issued as well, so its classed as a civil judgement and i put it down?- would that be a reason to decline my application? thank you so much for your advice