ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Thu May 05, 2011 2:39 pm

hie

5 years WP + 1 year ILR
NCS application 25/03
UKBA received 28/03
Card debited 04/04
Acknowledgement letter received 06/04/2011 dated 04/04/2011
1st call to UKBA 05/05, response: "still in a queue"

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:35 pm

I called them on tuesday and i got a very different update from others, they said my file is awaiting consideration... does this mean it is just a matter of case worker putting a stamp of approval..?

Applied through NCS on 19th of March..

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 4:53 pm

kiran it could be waiting for allocation not consideration. If its with case worker then they say its with case worker. Next time just ask them if it is with case worker or what?

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Kiran234 wrote:I called them on tuesday and i got a very different update from others, they said my file is awaiting consideration... does this mean it is just a matter of case worker putting a stamp of approval..?

Applied through NCS on 19th of March..
I was said that few weeks back. Upon quering it further, they advised its still going through the checks

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

i don't understand the procedure. Does the file /docs has to go through checks first and then to case worker, or is case worker carry out all the necessary check before approval.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 5:42 pm

application get scanned
go through initial checks ( residential requirements, days out of Uk etc )
case worker

case worker can ask more details as well.

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm

So at the present time I can expect a waiting time of about 8 weeks yeah? Judging from some of the most recent timelines. Shame that I was only able to apply now then, as they seemed to be 3 weeks only back in January :(
Just a question, if anything in the form is unclear or I forgot to specify, will they call/write me for info or will they return the whole application unprocessed (as they once did with my EEA3)?

I'll try to be very patient. I'll try to resist the urge to call. Even though I'm feeling so very stressed now and whenever I have to deal with bureaucracy.

I'll just have to think up enough ways to distract myself whenever I find myself stressing over this application.

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Thu May 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Well no more calls from me for another month . I do appreciate the fact that i have a rough idea of when i should expect to get a response due to all you forumites who are kind enough to share their experiences. Thanx again to everyone

sworld
Newly Registered

My NCS application timeline

Post by sworld » Thu May 05, 2011 7:43 pm

CRITERIA - 6 yr stay + ILR since 2 years.

NCS centre: Bedfordshire
Date of submission or posting: 19 April 2011
Date of reciept at Home office: 20 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 5 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of appln. for passport: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

Will keep everyone updated....

tintin

Post by tintin » Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 pm

daniash wrote:So at the present time I can expect a waiting time of about 8 weeks yeah? Judging from some of the most recent timelines. Shame that I was only able to apply now then, as they seemed to be 3 weeks only back in January :(
Just a question, if anything in the form is unclear or I forgot to specify, will they call/write me for info or will they return the whole application unprocessed (as they once did with my EEA3)?

I'll try to be very patient. I'll try to resist the urge to call. Even though I'm feeling so very stressed now and whenever I have to deal with bureaucracy.

I'll just have to think up enough ways to distract myself whenever I find myself stressing over this application.
Yes they will get in touch with you if there is anything that is unclear on your form. It looks like its going to take more than 8 weeks now, people who applied durin the 2nd week of march are still waiting and they have been told that the application is still waiting to be alloted. I reckon its going to be about 12 weeks now.

fais79

My Citizenship Application Submission Date

Post by fais79 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 pm

sid79 wrote:Yes, my case reached HO on 3rd of March, but havent heard anything yet, very frustrating but its all wait and see game I suppose.
I posted my application on 1st March and it reached HO on 2nd March.. I have rung couple of times now and same response it is waiting to be allocated to the caseworker

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Thu May 05, 2011 11:06 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Gul , I have strong feelings that the high risk nationalities applicants have to wait longer than other nationalities applicants. I might be wrong but these are my gut feelings.

I am Pakistani what about you GUL?
Pak :D

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri May 06, 2011 9:11 am

There's been only one approval this week on this forum. Hope it gets better next week.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 am

Gul, I think you have been waiting longer than any other applicant in the forum i think. Good luck mate.If I am not wrong you sent your application in 2nd week of feb and still waiting to be allocated?

sid79

Post by sid79 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

Just called HO and been told that the case is now with the case worker, I have asked her to calrify what that means and also made sure that it's not in the queue, she confirmed that the case is not in queue but with the case worker and that happened on 28th April.

Hopefully its just the matter of days now.

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri May 06, 2011 10:52 am

tintin wrote:There's been only one approval this week on this forum. Hope it gets better next week.
I hope it has more to do with lots of caseworkers taking long holidays across bank holiday weekends than permanent changes in the system.
It's going to be a tough wait.

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri May 06, 2011 11:46 am

sid79 wrote:Just called HO and been told that the case is now with the case worker, I have asked her to calrify what that means and also made sure that it's not in the queue, she confirmed that the case is not in queue but with the case worker and that happened on 28th April.

Hopefully its just the matter of days now.
thats good Sid, hopefully you will get your approval in the next few days.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

So this shows that the application reached in first week of March are being picked up by case workers now, so applications received in 2nd or 3rd week in March will be picked up in this Month . Hope to hear some thing soon.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Hope its not like early 2009 when HO received huge amount of applications when people started panicking due to " earn citizenship " announcement. people waited average 3- 4 months to hear back then.

allta

Post by allta » Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Hope its not like early 2009 when HO received huge amount of applications when people started panicking due to " earn citizenship " announcement. people waited average 3- 4 months to hear back then.
Applications could well possibly sit in the queue for 8 weeks, from then on, it could take another 4 - 8weeks to complete. I wish I could just sleep off now and wake up in Sept :-(
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 12:37 pm

I feel you alta mate, most of us feel the same. but strange haan if you look at few months old posts, every one back than was worried like us but after receiving their approvals it was so quiet from them. etc etc and finally they disappear from this forum. lol

I was just sharing my frustation with a friend of mine few days ago about the wait. he told me that he had to wait 1 year and 2 months for his long residency ILR . and guess how many times he called uk ba in 14 months wait.
once only lol. :lol:

jagan
Newly Registered

Applied on the same date

Post by jagan » Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Type - NCS Rochdale
Date of submission - 25/03/2011
Date reached HO - 29/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 04/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 11/04/2011 dated 06/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received

Hi, I applied same date at NCS Rochdale. Rang HO today first time today.
I was told that decision has been taken and I need to wait for 2 weeks fir the letter to come.

Wondered what is your status? I am bit anxious as they refused to tell me what the decision was.

River1river wrote:CRITERIA - Crown Service
Type - NCS (Nottingham)
Date of submission - 28/03/2011
Date reached HO - 01/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 13/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 16/04/2011 dated 12/04/2011
Date of Ceremony -
Method used -
Date of interview -
Date passport received -

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm

dont worry Jagan, it should be ok they dont disclose the decision on the phone, did they say that the letter has been posted? incredibly your case was quick. See this proves that HO work strangely . People who applied before you are still waiting to be allocated to the case workers. Good luck

jagan
Newly Registered

Post by jagan » Fri May 06, 2011 3:21 pm

No they just told me that the decision has been made and I had to wait for the letter to come throgh. I didn't ask about whether the letter has been mailed or not.
ferrarilondon wrote:dont worry Jagan, it should be ok they dont disclose the decision on the phone, did they say that the letter has been posted? incredibly your case was quick. See this proves that HO work strangely . People who applied before you are still waiting to be allocated to the case workers. Good luck

River1river
Newly Registered

Re: Applied on the same date

Post by River1river » Fri May 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Hie jagan , since I saw your post I had to ring HO and I was told still waiting allocation , hope you get good news .
jagan wrote:Type - NCS Rochdale
Date of submission - 25/03/2011
Date reached HO - 29/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 04/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 11/04/2011 dated 06/04/2011
Date of Ceremony -
Method used -
Date of interview -
Date passport received

Hi, I applied same date at NCS Rochdale. Rang HO today first time today.
I was told that decision has been taken and I need to wait for 2 weeks fir the letter to come.

Wondered what is your status? I am bit anxious as they refused to tell me what the decision was.

River1river wrote:CRITERIA - Crown Service
Type - NCS (Nottingham)
Date of submission - 28/03/2011
Date reached HO - 01/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 13/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 16/04/2011 dated 12/04/2011
Date of Ceremony -
Method used -