ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries regarding ILR under long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HARRYBERRY
Newly Registered

Queries regarding ILR under long residence

Post by HARRYBERRY » Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

hello everybody, can some body help me. i want to ask that can we apply same day on basis of 10 year long stay? and what type of documents required ? thanks

sunmoon

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) waiting times

Post by sunmoon » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

HARRYBERRY wrote:
hello everybody, can some body help me. i want to ask that can we apply same day on basis of 10 year long stay? and what type of documents required ? thanks
NO.
For straight forward application 1) Passports 2) 2 copy of recent photographs and 3) Life in the UK pass notification certificate.

HARRYBERRY
Newly Registered

Post by HARRYBERRY » Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 pm

sunmoon wrote:
HARRYBERRY wrote:
NO.
For straight forward application 1) Passports 2) 2 copy of recent photographs and 3) Life in the UK pass notification certificate.
one more question, my wife lived in uk for 7 years and my two kids both born in uk age 7,5 can they apply with me ?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Wed May 04, 2011 11:43 pm

HARRYBERRY wrote:
sunmoon wrote:
HARRYBERRY wrote:
NO.
one more question, my wife lived in uk for 7 years and my two kids both born in uk age 7,5 can they apply with me ?
No.
your wife should use FLR(M) after you get your ILR to get spouse visa and your kids don't need to apply for ILR as they both born in the UK, for them you can use MN1 to register as British Citizen.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Sunmoon please do not give wrong info to people here, (thin ice) one can only apply for child's registration as British Citizen only if one of the parents have ILR or British nationality at the time of birth. So Harrybarry you should get your ILR first and then get your wife's flr ( m ) and your kids as your dependants . best thing is to ring HO and ask for advise. but certainly they cant get citizenship yet

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Thu May 05, 2011 6:13 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Sunmoon please do not give wrong info to people here, one can only apply for child's registration as British Citizen only if one of the parents have ILR or British nationality at the time of birth. So Harrybarry you should get your ILR first and then get your wife's flr ( m ) and your kids as your dependants . best thing is to ring HO and ask for advise. but certainly they cant get citizenship yet
@ ferrarilondon .. you have got the wrong information for child's registration as British citizen. If the child born in the UK they can register as British citizen if one of the parents get ILR. The parents don't need to have ILR or Citizenship at the time of birth. Be corrected.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 9:40 am

Ok Sunmoon i was only telling from my cousin's experience :lol:

I strongly suggest the applicant to contact UKBA or consult with professionals.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Sunmoon please do not give wrong info to people here, one can only apply for child's registration as British Citizen only if one of the parents have ILR or British nationality at the time of birth. So Harrybarry you should get your ILR first and then get your wife's flr ( m ) and your kids as your dependants . best thing is to ring HO and ask for advise. but certainly they cant get citizenship yet
1. Wat u said is correct and advise given by the expert is wrong.
2. The kids born in the UK at the time wen the parents did not have ILR wud not qualify for british citizenship for that time period.
3. The kids born in the UK at the time wen parents had the ILR will qualify for citizenship.
4. U can not register your kids as british if the parents do not have ILR at the time wen they were born but afterwards.
Last edited by ash786 on Sat May 07, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:46 pm

HARRYBERRY wrote:
sunmoon wrote:
HARRYBERRY wrote:
NO.
1. U need to follow wat ferrarilondon has suggested.
2. U need to apply for your wife and kids on form FLR(M).
3. Once you get the ILR then u kids can be registered as british citizens.
4. I have included the guidence below and read the page (8-10) which explains wat have been suggetsed by ferrarilondon and myself.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_mn1.pdf

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm

HARRYBERRY wrote:
sunmoon wrote:
HARRYBERRY wrote:
NO.
1. Also read the following post with the similiar question and the advice and the answer given was same as wat ferrarilondon suggested.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=77543

2. I do not understand that why people start giving advice wen they do not know anything about it as it can create problems for others...

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat May 07, 2011 1:03 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Ok Sunmoon ( thin ice ) i was only telling from my cousin's experience :lol:

I strongly suggest the applicant to contact UKBA or consult with professionals.
Dear ferrarilondon ... I'm 100% sure if the baby born in the UK they can register as British Citizen if any of their parents get ILR. Parents doesn't need to have ILR before the baby born. Please know the rules first before you remind me the ''THIN ICE".

@ASH its better you avoid my post, if you don't then only response with correct information.

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 am

I will go with sunmoon on this matter.
Ferrarilondon,there is possibility that the caseworker who handled your cousin's application did not correctly apply the immigration rule then

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:26 am

1. Lol. I am very surprised that the guidence and the post has been ignored and people still arguing about it.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 am

To hopefully put an end to the 'discussion' about who is or isn't right this is the ruling which should be quite clear:

immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.

i.e The parents don't need to have ILR or Citizenship at the time of birth.
Sunmoon is correct in this respect.
Ash786, you obviously failed to click on Vinny's 'yes' in this thread which would have taken you to the UKBA Section 1(3) rule:

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat May 07, 2011 10:31 am

Casa wrote:To hopefully put an end to the 'discussion' about who is or isn't right this is the ruling which should be quite clear:

immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.

Ash786, you obviously failed to click on Vinny's 'yes' in this thread which would have taken you to the UKBA Section 1(3) rule:
Thanks Casa. I was expecting this ruling either from you, sushdmehta or vinny. The other arguer should stop this types of debate in future without knowing the rules.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat May 07, 2011 10:38 am

POint taken , by the way what is thin ice?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 10:56 am

Nothing that is relevant to this thread.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:14 am

Casa wrote:To hopefully put an end to the 'discussion' about who is or isn't right this is the ruling which should be quite clear:

1. I dont think that u got my point.
2. You can not apply to register your children as a british citizen if you do not have ILR.
3. You can apply for children to be registered as british after you have ILR.
4. I do not understand why cant you get the point.
5. Casa, you really need to understand the post before making your own comments and the post i referred to.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 am

This is (incorrect) advice given by Ferrarilondon
one can only apply for child's registration as British Citizen only if one of the parents have ILR or British nationality at the time of birth

These are yours comments agreeing with his (incorrrect) advice:
1. U need to follow wat (sic) ferrarilondon has suggested.
and the answer given was same as wat (sic) ferrarilondon suggested.
The answer in the linked thread wasn't the same as given by Ferrarilondon...you didn't follow the link through to Vinny's advice.

Admittedly your advice wasn't consistent which confused the thread considerably.
Ferrarilondon has conceded that his advice was incorrect and I'm still unsure why you disagreed with Sunmoon who explained the ruling clearly.
Last edited by Casa on Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:28 am

Casa wrote:This is (incorrect) advice given by Ferrarilondon
one can only apply for child's registration as British Citizen only if one of the parents have ILR or British nationality at the time of birth

This is your comment agreeing with his (incorrrect) advice:
1. U need to follow wat (sic) ferrarilondon has suggested.

Admittedly your advice wasn't consistent which confused the thread considerably.
Ferrarilondon has conceded that his advice was incorrect and I'm still unsure why you disagreed with Sunmoon who explained the ruling clearly.
I was suppose to post that you have posted just now. But didn't want to engage in debate again with the arguer.
Last edited by sunmoon on Sat May 07, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:32 am

Most of us here are not professional Immigration advisers, apart from Moderators. So I will take Moderators answers as final. Also what i said early was only because my cousion had to apply for his wife and 2 children under FLR ( M ) and dependants so keeping him in my mind i told you guys. Then i dont know why he had to go to that route. even he applied through a Solicitor.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:38 am

Also Sunmoon , dont want to waste time arguing with you either here specially reading your previous posts that how argumentative you can be for no reason even i said ok I might be wrong and Point taken.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:40 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Most of us here are not professional Immigration advisers, apart from Moderators. So I will take Moderators answers as final. Also what i said early was only because my cousion had to apply for his wife and 2 children under FLR ( M ) and dependants so keeping him in my mind i told you guys. Then i dont know why he had to go to that route. even he applied through a Solicitor.
Thanks ferrarilondon. Where your cousin's 2 children born ? in the UK or abroad ?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:44 am

ferrarilondon wrote:Also Sunmoon , dont want to waste time arguing with you either here specially reading your previous posts that how argumentative you can be for no reason even i said ok I might be wrong and Point taken.
after that post did I say anything to you ?

UKILR
BANNED

Post by UKILR » Sat May 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I have read the entire post and honestly i can not believe that sum people can not get the point. Ash786, were right to say what he suggested. Sunmoon, was right in a way but his advise was very confusing and i think thats where the problem starts. I read his response and even i got confused and it just picked from there.

More surprising even one of the moderatoes got it wrong wat Ash786 has suggested and i am 100% he is still going to argue and not get the ponit. The point Ash786' was making in the post he reffered to was right but "Casa" could not grasp the point nor the others.

Another thing i noticed is that Where Khan2015 and Sunmoon is involved there is always a problem and argument as suggested by ferrarilondon.

The whole point of the post was help for the OP and it was lost long ago with confusing information from all including the moderator.

Me and my friend in the same situation and are doing exactly as Ash786 has suggested. I have got kids and i will be applying for citizenship after i get my ILR as i can not apply before i get my ILR.

I joined this forum on this specific issue and know a lot on this issue so watever suggested by some people i am just laughing.

Ash786, even pointed towards the guidence which again was ignored.

My advice to OP is to not follow any advice from here cuz of the mixed, confusing and wrong information from most of the members.

Sorry for the long post but i think it was necessary to do so....