ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Fri May 06, 2011 4:43 pm

what is the contact telephone number for Nationality matters/ Home Office.

jagan
Newly Registered

Post by jagan » Fri May 06, 2011 5:14 pm

I called on 01516725626. Followed by choose option 2 & 2. I had to wait for about 10 min.
Mrs Khan wrote:what is the contact telephone number for Nationality matters/ Home Office.

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Gul, I think you have been waiting longer than any other applicant in the forum i think. Good luck mate.If I am not wrong you sent your application in 2nd week of feb and still waiting to be allocated?
Call today and was told that application in final phase and you should expect decision in next couple of weeks.

Good luck to all specially ferrarilondon for your kind support.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Gul, good to hear that your application has moved up towards the next few steps. does this mean that its with the case worker? Really hope it comes soon.

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Fri May 06, 2011 11:20 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Gul, good to hear that your application has moved up towards the next few steps. does this mean that its with the case worker? Really hope it comes soon.
i think u r right , fingers X

magic
Newly Registered

Post by magic » Sat May 07, 2011 1:01 am

Type - NCS
Date of submission - 03/05/2011
Date reached HO - 04/05/2011
Date of debit of credit card - tba
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - tba
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received

daniash

Post by daniash » Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 am

I posted my application on 4/5/11 via 1st Class Recorded.
I was expecting it to reach them the next day or the 6/5 at latest.
But the Track & Trace still says:
Item AGxxxxxxxxxGB was posted at xxxxxxxx on 04/05/11 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.
I am starting to seriously freak out and lose hair over it. If it doesn't reach them by Monday my application will FAIL as I left the country the next day.
WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

1st Recorded Class is rubbish.
Only special delivery guarantees next day delivery.

BUT having said that, they may have received your application and the Royal Mail page never shows the delivery properly. It happens to 1st and 2nd class recorded. It's absolutely crap.

I have sent 1st class recorded letters which already reached the destination 1 month ago and it still shows as "being processed through the network".

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 am

I agree with Glauco, perhaps it will show up a day or so later even if its been delivered.
All the best

daniash

Post by daniash » Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 am

Glauco wrote:1st Recorded Class is rubbish.
Only special delivery guarantees next day delivery.

BUT having said that, they may have received your application and the Royal Mail page never shows the delivery properly. It happens to 1st and 2nd class recorded. It's absolutely crap.

I have sent 1st class recorded letters which already reached the destination 1 month ago and it still shows as "being processed through the network".
Oh don't say that, now I want to cry even more. Why didn't I pay the extra 3 pounds to get special delivery? Stupid stupid stupid
The next 3 days for me will be a nightmare

allta

Post by allta » Sat May 07, 2011 10:05 am

jagan wrote:No they just told me that the decision has been made and I had to wait for the letter to come throgh. I didn't ask about whether the letter has been mailed or not.
ferrarilondon wrote:dont worry Jagan, it should be ok they dont disclose the decision on the phone, did they say that the letter has been posted? incredibly your case was quick. See this proves that HO work strangely . People who applied before you are still waiting to be allocated to the case workers. Good luck
Indeed, the Nationality dept works in misterious ways :-) and it ain't totally fair. In as much as I appreciate everyone's case is different, but how can you explain someone getting decision before those who applied earlier whom application still resides in the queue waiting to be picked up for record checks.

It's beyond me really; having said that, I must congratulate Jagan for an anticipated positive decision. I'm always happy when people get that magic letter in the post. Keep us posted matey, I'm 90% sure it's a +ve one.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:38 am

YAYYY!!!!! Finally I can make an official Update stage 1 of 3 complete. I Called last week on the 28th of April and I was told that I was in the Final stage of checks! I guess it is now safe to conclude that Final Stage is awaiting Postage!! cos my Approval letter was dated 27 April and I called on 28 April!! Anyhow I'm happy to be moving on to stage 2 of 3 now!! completed the Hardest part of the process!

oluwa112 wrote:I guess I should update my Status, I haven't seen any Criteria like mine Just yet

CRITERIA - 10yrs Long Residence (Student all through) + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS Sutton
Date of submission - 10/03/2011
Date reached HO – 11/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 18/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 22/03/2011 dated 17/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval - 07/05/2011 - dated 27/04/2011
Date of Ceremony - NA
Method used -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –
Last edited by oluwa112 on Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tintin

Post by tintin » Sat May 07, 2011 10:39 am

daniash wrote:I posted my application on 4/5/11 via 1st Class Recorded.
I was expecting it to reach them the next day or the 6/5 at latest.
But the Track & Trace still says:
Item AGxxxxxxxxxGB was posted at xxxxxxxx on 04/05/11 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.
I am starting to seriously freak out and lose hair over it. If it doesn't reach them by Monday my application will FAIL as I left the country the next day.
WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!
It might have already reached the home office. I did the same thing last year when I applied for my ILR and I was getting the same message when I used theroyal mail tracking. In fact it never showed that it was delivered, not even after my application was processed, ILR granted and passports returned LOL.

Just keep and eye on when the payment is taken. If royal mail tracking doesnt show the delivery date, then your acknowledgement letter will tell you the application date.

Its probably not the end of the world even if your application is not delivered on time, in that case the Home Office might just ask you to sign the form again with a new date, its unlikely that your application will be rejected for just that one reason.

Good Luck

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 am

Congratulations Oluwa112, happy for you at least your hardest stage of application is over now. now it will be a smooth ride. Good luck

tintin

Post by tintin » Sat May 07, 2011 11:28 am

oluwa112 wrote:YAYYY!!!!! Finally I can make an official Update stage 1 of 3 complete. I Called last week on the 28th of April and I was told that I was in teh Final stage of checks! I guess it is now safe to conclude that Final Stage is awaiting Postage!! cos my Approval letter was dated 27 April and I called on 28 April!! Anyhow I happy to be moving on to stage 2 of 3 now!! completed the Hardest part of the process!

oluwa112 wrote:I guess I should update my Status, I haven't seen any Criteria like mine Just yet

CRITERIA - 10yrs Long Residence (Student all through) + 1 yr ILR
Type - NCS Sutton
Date of submission - 10/03/2011
Date reached HO – 11/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 18/03/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 22/03/2011 dated 17/03/2011
Date of receipt of approval - 07/05/2011 - dated 27/04/2011
Date of Ceremony - NA
Method used -
Date of interview -
Date passport received –
Many Congratulations Oluwa !

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Sat May 07, 2011 11:41 am

Gul, also reading Oluwa's post you got the same answer from them yesterday i.e finaly stages so you might get approval soon may be this coming week.

radi8

Post by radi8 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:42 am

Update:
Criteria - EEA (6years- residence)

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission or posting: 20/04/ 2011
Date of UKBA received: 21/04/ 2011(via WARRINGTON Delivery Office)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 04/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07/05/2011
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of passport application: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

Gul
Newly Registered

Post by Gul » Sat May 07, 2011 12:00 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Gul, also reading Oluwa's post you got the same answer from them yesterday i.e finaly stages so you might get approval soon may be this coming week.
I wish :wink:

swlpak
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by swlpak » Sat May 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi guys. Do u have to have council invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony or Home office approval letter would be enough?

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by Cranberry » Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Update

Criteria - Long residence + ILR

Date of submission or posting: 14th April 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 15 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07 May 2011 dated 03 May 2011

Smallfamily

Re: british citizenship

Post by Smallfamily » Sat May 07, 2011 8:32 pm

swlpak wrote:Hi guys. Do u have to have council invitation letter to attend the citizenship ceremony or Home office approval letter would be enough?
No you have to wait for ur council invitation letter. They will post u once they receive your neutralisation certificate. Cheers

swlpak
Newly Registered

british citizenship

Post by swlpak » Sat May 07, 2011 8:47 pm

thanks small family for the prompt reply.... the reason i asked because someone wrote on this forum that he booked an appointment for ceremony without council invitation letter. How many days does the council invitation letter take to come after home office approval letter?

Date of submission or posting: 21st march 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 22 march 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 28 march 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 1 april 2011

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks Guys! At least we now know the code for a result is on the way (Literally) is that its now in the Final Stage.

Must say this Forum has been of great help... cant wait till Monday to book my Ceremony.

passport-uk
Newly Registered

Address change during Citizenship process and its effects

Post by passport-uk » Sat May 07, 2011 8:55 pm

All,
I need to apply in july but will need to move to a new city so that means address on my ILR would be different from address on naturalization application & passport application ....also i may not have enough proof of new address during the process.Is it advisable to apply from my old address(which has my name on bills,bank etc) but no proof of new one ie how would council know if i live in the new county to send me invitation letter,no address proof at new place to apply for passport?
Is just having any address in uk enough or do i need council tax receipt etc as records?
as always much appreciate your time.
Regards,

oluwa112

Re: Address change during Citizenship process and its effect

Post by oluwa112 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:57 pm

passport-uk wrote:All,
I need to apply in july but will need to move to a new city so that means address on my ILR would be different from address on naturalization application & passport application ....also i may not have enough proof of new address during the process.Is it advisable to apply from my old address(which has my name on bills,bank etc) but no proof of new one ie how would council know if i live in the new county to send me invitation letter,no address proof at new place to apply for passport?
Is just having any address in uk enough or do i need council tax receipt etc as records?
as always much appreciate your time.
Regards,
Life Happens... Everybody moves for whatever reason. I will be using a different address from them Citizenship application when making my passport application. I am sure u will be very okay.