ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (long residency) applied BEFORE 10 years (28 days)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fajr

ILR (long residency) applied BEFORE 10 years (28 days)

Post by fajr » Mon May 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi

I am approaching to my lawful 10 years residency to apply for ILR. On the form it says I can apply not before 28 days of 10 years stay.

Has anyone applied for example 20 days before 10 years completion and the application was successful? In that case how long did it take to receive your ILR?

Thanks

rajjaji
Newly Registered

Post by rajjaji » Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 pm

You cannot apply 28 days before and must complete the full 10 years before you can apply. Ifyou apply before you will lose the fee and get a rejection.
What's the hurry anyway? You waited so long and now can't wait another 28 days.

rajjaji

sunmoon

Re: ILR (long residency) applied BEFORE 10 years (28 days)

Post by sunmoon » Mon May 09, 2011 10:07 pm

fajr wrote:Hi

I am approaching to my lawful 10 years residency to apply for ILR. On the form it says I can apply not before 28 days of 10 years stay.

Has anyone applied for example 20 days before 10 years completion and the application was successful? In that case how long did it take to receive your ILR?

Thanks
Yes. you can apply maximum of 28 days before the completion of 10 yrs.
Processing time depends on applicant circumstances. If you have a look on the 10 years long residence thread then you will get an idea about the current processing time.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

my friend applied 2 weeks before completion of his 10 years and successfully got ILR. so 28 days before is ok

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Mon May 09, 2011 10:36 pm

rajjaji wrote:You cannot apply 28 days before and must complete the full 10 years before you can apply. Ifyou apply before you will lose the fee and get a rejection.

rajjaji
Rajjaji with due respect I doubt your advice isn't correct. Please check 'Early Applications' in chapter 18 of UKBA INI which clearly says one can apply 28 days before the completion of 10 years. I'm in a same situation and previously been advised the same by one of the kind moderators. Fajr I would suggest u to follow what sunmoon has advised.

Good luck

fajr

Post by fajr » Tue May 10, 2011 7:12 am

rajjaji wrote:You cannot apply 28 days before and must complete the full 10 years before you can apply. Ifyou apply before you will lose the fee and get a rejection.

rajjaji
I can apply exactly on 28 days before completing 10 years residency. If there is a provision to do than why not, considering the fact that the law is changing so rapidly perhaps in a 1 month difference is all that matters.

fajr

Post by fajr » Tue May 10, 2011 7:22 am

Guys

Thanks so much for your replies but still I want to know the timelines of someone who applied within 28 days before 10 year completion and got ILR.

I did search on ILR (10 Years) processing time thread but didnt find any entry. Asked the same request there considered irrelevant by moderator (make sense).

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 am

rajjaji
2.2.7 Early applications
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajjaji
Newly Registered

Post by rajjaji » Tue May 10, 2011 10:04 am

Sorry guys, I guess my assumption was wrong, I thought I had read somewhere that you must complete full 10 or 14 years when making applications under that rule. Thank-you for correcting me.