ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 am

@rnr79 I added Special delivery envelope for them to return my approval in it as they use 2nd class standrad mail and that can take up to 7-10 days to arrive.

@bierebaron join the waiting club mate you only applied 1 week ago , look at us who been waiting for almost 9-10 weeks. Gul here waiting for almost 12-13 weeks

sworld
Newly Registered

NSC application update

Post by sworld » Wed May 11, 2011 9:40 am

CRITERIA - 6 yr stay + ILR since 2 years.

NCS centre: Bedfordshire
Date of submission or posting: 19 April 2011
Date of reciept at Home office: 20 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 5 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 11 May 2011
Date of receipt of approval: AWAITING
Date of Ceremony: AWAITING
Date of appln. for passport: AWAITING
Method used: n/a
Date of Receipt: AWAITING

The long wait begins now!!!

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 am

I know I had no business calling the UKBA to find out about my application as I applied only 4 weeks ago. I actually wanted to know if I could request my passport back as I applied by post and not through the NCS. I was told that my application had not been electronically transferred onto the system. I presume this is what other posters have referred to as 'scanning'. At this rate, I think this process may take the full 6 months :(.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:06 am

Cranberry wrote:I know I had no business calling the UKBA to find out about my application as I applied only 4 weeks ago. I actually wanted to know if I could request my passport back as I applied by post and not through the NCS. I was told that my application had not been electronically transferred onto the system. I presume this is what other posters have referred to as 'scanning'. At this rate, I think this process may take the full 6 months :(.
Did they tell you when it may possible to get the passport back?

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

nax_72 wrote: Did they tell you when it may possible to get the passport back?
The gentleman I spoke to said he couldn't access any information until the application was put up. All he could say was that it was still at the accounts department...

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 am

Cranberry wrote:
The gentleman I spoke to said he couldn't access any information until the application was put up. All he could say was that it was still at the accounts department...
Thanks.

This is not good. At least they should tell us when we can get back our passport in case of emergency. They collect so much money :oops:

kkkyyy
Newly Registered

Post by kkkyyy » Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 am

nax_72 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Thanks.

This is not good. At least they should tell us when we can get back our passport in case of emergency. They collect so much money :oops:
I called HO last week, gentleman I spoke to said that my application is in queue to be pick up by case worker, he advised me that I can get my passport back but this can/may slow down my application process, he told me to ring HO again, 2 weeks before scheduled travel.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:57 am

ferrarilondon wrote:@rnr79 I added Special delivery envelope for them to return my approval in it as they use 2nd class standrad mail and that can take up to 7-10 days to arrive.
Thanks ferrarilondon, so i will add one as well... that should be addressed to me right? and not to the council.

Cheers

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:53 am

kkkyyy wrote:
nax_72 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
Thanks.

I called HO last week, gentleman I spoke to said that my application is in queue to be pick up by case worker, he advised me that I can get my passport back but this can/may slow down my application process, he told me to ring HO again, 2 weeks before scheduled travel.
Thanks for this info. Hope good news are not too far away.

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 pm

bierebaron wrote:Type of Application:6 YEARS ILR
Method:Postal
Date of Application:28th April
Account Debited: 8th May
Acknowledgement letter:Awaiting
Decision: Awaiting
Approval letter:Awaiting
Date of Ceremony:Awaiting

:( I hate waiting, its making me feel very anxious
Well, at least you know the application got there safely and they're looking at it. As long as all your dates are in order you have nothing to fear. It's just a long wait. After a while you just forget about it and stop counting the days. Believe me - I applied for EEA3 last year and it took 5 months, but it didn't feel so bad for me. Thankfully citizenship is quicker.
Good luck!x

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 12:05 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:@rnr79 I added Special delivery envelope for them to return my approval in it as they use 2nd class standrad mail and that can take up to 7-10 days to arrive.

@bierebaron join the waiting club mate you only applied 1 week ago , look at us who been waiting for almost 9-10 weeks. Gul here waiting for almost 12-13 weeks
Remember I said we might have to wait till Aug/Sept for March apps.....I don't want to say something bad about the naturalisation team as I've been told several times they are the most reliable department in HO.

The only worry is when you wait 5-6months and get rejection....now that is what I can never bear, can't even imagine it man. Citing the amount of apps received in March to justify the wait time from 4weeks to 12-24weeks is untenable IMHO.

Anyways, the waiting list continues, if after 8weeks, application is still waiting in the queue, who knows how long more it will take the caseworker to scrutinise app if he/she has to....another 4weeks? Anyways, I feel we deserve better as per timelines. The American Immigration service provides a website where each applicant can go to see the timeline of their app. They don't even charge as much as their British counterparts. In the end, I hope the results will start creeping in for the March apps by the end of this month....but I personally wouldn't hold my breathe.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 12:12 pm

@ rnr79 the special delivery envelope should be addressed to you, not council. Even if HO send your envelope back adn they use their own 2nd class mail you can still use that envelope during passport application.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:@ rnr79 the special delivery envelope should be addressed to you, not council. Even if HO send your envelope back adn they use their own 2nd class mail you can still use that envelope during passport application.
Thanks ferrarilondon, you are a star!!

jagan
Newly Registered

Re: Applied on the same date

Post by jagan » Wed May 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Just to update

Its really frustating with HO. I rang them today to check progress. It was surprising information I got. The gentleman told me that my application is still waiting to be picked up by case worker, which is quite contradictory information from last week. Last week I was told that the decision has been taken and i need to wait for 2 weeks for the letter to come through.

Its is really annoying.... Any ideas which information is correct. today I did explained bout last week information given to me. He was just apologitic...
River1river wrote:Hie jagan , since I saw your post I had to ring HO and I was told still waiting allocation , hope you get good news .
jagan wrote:Type - NCS Rochdale
Date of submission - 25/03/2011
Date reached HO - 29/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 04/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 11/04/2011 dated 06/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received

Hi, I applied same date at NCS Rochdale. Rang HO today first time today.
I was told that decision has been taken and I need to wait for 2 weeks fir the letter to come.

Wondered what is your status? I am bit anxious as they refused to tell me what the decision was.

River1river wrote:CRITERIA - Crown Service
Type - NCS (Nottingham)
Date of submission - 28/03/2011
Date reached HO - 01/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card - 13/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 16/04/2011 dated 12/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval -
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport -
Method used -
Date of Receipt of documents -
Date of interview -
Date passport received -

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm

you are not the only one who go the same information from HO, another member posted here couple of weeks ago about the same answer from HO. i.e decision made letter send and after 1 week he called and they said its waiting to be picked up. :shock:

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

@jagan i think you should call again and speak to a defferent person that will confirm to u whos correct...

Bhumi

My App 7 weeks update

Post by Bhumi » Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi to those applied in last week of march..i applied mine on 23 March same as Alta....called HO today and was told "Waiting to be picked by caseworker"........this looks standard answer to me.....as most of us gets the same answer who applied in 3rd week of march....

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

I have this terrible feeling that in order to get the processing times back on track, the HO will give priority to the applications received after the fee rise and the applications received before the fee rise will be kept on the back burner and processed at a slower rate.

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Wed May 11, 2011 1:53 pm

are too many people unnecessarily calling home office too many times... understand the impatience, but calling will never change a thing except annoy the home office workers...

jonway12
Newly Registered

Call HO

Post by jonway12 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I called home office today to find out the status of my application. I was told that my application is in progress but at the early stage and that i will hear from Ho within Six month. When I press further on the earliest I can hear from them. The gentle man told me that he doesnt know when.

Having said that if HO can collect Their money from new applicant within 10 days or less like those who apply last year or early this year, why can't day process the application within a reasonable time to matched up with the collection of their fees

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 2:30 pm

This issue has been going on for a very long time. all departments like to take money first and then start the case, but dont forget HO receives on average around 200-250 applications per day for Naturalisation.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:31 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:you are not the only one who go the same information from HO, another member posted here couple of weeks ago about the same answer from HO. i.e decision made letter send and after 1 week he called and they said its waiting to be picked up. :shock:
How can I forget. I was the one......

model
Newly Registered

Post by model » Wed May 11, 2011 2:32 pm

I have this terrible feeling that in order to get the processing times back on track, the HO will give priority to the applications received after the fee rise and the applications received before the fee rise will be kept on the back burner and processed at a slower rate.

I think they have to process the application received today should get approval by next week those applied prior to today slower rate. It is fair play for those applied before and after. Make sence to me.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:41 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:This issue has been going on for a very long time. all departments like to take money first and then start the case, but dont forget HO receives on average around 200-250 applications per day for Naturalisation.
I am not surprised if they are having to work twice as hard as before. Especially after the funding cuts, job losses etc... Every Government dept financial / budget year startes from April.

If they did make people redundant (they would have known that in Jan / Feb) March 31st would have been their last working day. The volumes of applications must have just kept on going up and number of people dealing must have been reduced (who knows) Hence the pile-ups and the delays, my guess is as good as yours. The only way to find out is by getting a job at the HO.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:44 pm

tintin wrote:I have this terrible feeling that in order to get the processing times back on track, the HO will give priority to the applications received after the fee rise and the applications received before the fee rise will be kept on the back burner and processed at a slower rate.
Good thinking tintin, but don't know if they have the First in first out system for all straight forward applications.