ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I ll give up (visitor visa)...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jp70

I ll give up (visitor visa)...

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:46 am

Oh boys, this getting a visa to my friend for dating purposes seems to be massively difficult so I just give up the whole things meeting in the UK and go myself to Africa to meet first time. That way seems to be much easier in all ways (faster, cheaper, and propably much bigger possiblitiy to get accepted). The only way for me to get the visa is to get professional help, or try to re-apply like 3-5 times. I cannot re-apply 4 times, because it takes 2 months per try (plus recommended "wait couple of months until re-apply, like they said in the Visa office". So total like 4x2 + 3x2 = 14months!), and I dont have that time. I do not have money to pay £400 to get a lawyer for a simple visitor visa. For marriage visa I can do that, but for a simple visitor visa...

Yes, I could try to use my loan as a proof of support power.. but then again, they might refuse it - you never know, and they do not answer if I ask about it. Yes, I could ask my brother to support the trip, but then again it might be a poblem that he is not living in the UK... maybe the supporter must live in the same country...If I mention both: my loan and my brothers help, they might get suspicious that why am I mentioning 2 things (why does he not mention only one support source?) - there must be something criminal going on :). Yes, they do answer the phones and speak many minutes, but they cannot asnwer the questions. The tax offices do answer in similar situations...

So I cannot apply for visitor visa because, Like they put, : "I am not satisfied that UBA genuinely wants to give me the visa and is interested in my life/situation ..." :).

I think the problem with the current situation is that the UBA sees everybody initially as a criminal/scammer unless otherwise proven. It can be seen in the decision letter "I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor..".

This is a perfect way to deal with criminals or is highly possible that is criminal... the only thing is that not everybody is criminal and honest people are suffering because of criminals. Its like "throwing a baby with the cleaning water" as they say.

I would not like to pay my taxes to get this kind of threatment after that, ... I do not feel like being one part of the UK. I suppose I am an outsider.

--
But I might need help again when applying fiancee visa, bce am not planning to move to Africa :).

Idea

Post by Idea » Thu May 12, 2011 11:03 am

Bring Wanderer Back ! - Only he can reply to this post

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am

why not continue your rant on your original post
Do get your expressions correct when you use them
I really hope you do not put a baby in the cleaning water !
Enjoy your trip to africa .
pennyless

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:59 am

pennylessinindia wrote:why not continue your rant on your original post
You are a "member of standing", so maybe you know the reason the Visa officer refused to give advice about my money support question? Obviously the reason was not lack of time, because the line was open and she spoke with me couple of minutes. If you find a good reason, I will stop ranting.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

jp70 wrote:
You are a "member of standing", so maybe you know the reason the Visa officer refused to give advice about my money support question? Obviously the reason was not lack of time, because the line was open and she spoke with me couple of minutes. If you find a good reason, I will stop ranting.
visa officers are not their to give advice. they are there to make decisions.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Greenie wrote:
jp70 wrote:
visa officers are not their to give advice. they are there to make decisions.
Ok, fair enough. So who would be there to give advices then? Obviously somebody linked to them...i guess.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 pm

immigration solictors/advisers?

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Greenie wrote:immigration solictors/advisers?
£400 ? Remember, this is not like getting my wife or children to the UK (for which I would be happy to pay £400). This is for seeing my friend for 2 weeks.... kind of holiday thing. Or lets say 3 days. To pay £400 to see my friend for 3 days - a good deal??

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

jp70 wrote:
£400 ? Remember, this is not like getting my wife or children to the UK (for which I would be happy to pay £400). This is for seeing my friend for 2 weeks.... kind of holiday thing. Or lets say 3 days. To pay £400 to see my friend for 3 days - a good deal??
well you have had plenty of free advice here! you've just chosen not to use it.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Greenie wrote:
jp70 wrote:
well you have had plenty of free advice here! you've just chosen not to use it.
The main problem was the supporting issue, and nobody answered that. Yes, I got couple of answers to side issues (which is better than nothing), but not for the main problem by which the application was refused.

I have also googled a lot, and only couple of answers which might help, but even with them they are not exatcly like my situation. On some forum they said that loan might be ok. But again, my loan is not normal loan but business loan, so it might get rejected because of that.

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Thu May 12, 2011 1:04 pm

jp70 wrote:
why don't you try and go to your friends place to see her, it will be much easier I guess !!

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:26 pm

sunmoon wrote:
jp70 wrote:
why don't you try and go to your friends place to see him/her, it will be much easier I guess !!
Yes, that was I thinking also.. :). Seems like easier. What I am saying is that imo it should be my "right" to be able to see my friends here as well because am a member of the UK. Obviously I dont have any saying, and the goverment owns this country ....

Idea

Post by Idea » Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 pm

jp70

If you ask questions about the rules (clarifications/interpretation of the rules etc.)someone may help -

But you are questioning the rules which nobody here made…so would not be able to help.

If UKBA says you need £xxx pounds in the bank -it’s a rule …if you are ready to follow it you make an application…if you feel
the rule is unreasonable try to get it changed…and in the meantime stop blaming UKBA who are only implementing the rules

jp70

Post by jp70 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Idea wrote:jp70

If you ask questions about the rules (clarifications/interpretation of the rules etc.)someone may help -

But you are questioning the rules which nobody here made…so would not be able to help.

If UKBA says you need £xxx pounds in the bank -it’s a rule …if you are ready to follow it you make an application…if you feel
the rule is unreasonable try to get it changed…and in the meantime stop blaming UKBA who are only implementing the rules
"If UKBA says you need £xxx pounds in the bank "

Wish it was that simple.

If you look carefully, I never blaimed UKBA. I did blame what they *have to do*, and that goes to law makers. Like I said once, that "I am not mad at the desicion maker bce he just did what he had to do."

And I did ask about the rules, many times... thats all I have been doing.

Idea

Post by Idea » Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 am

jp70 wrote:
Idea wrote:jp70

"If UKBA says you need £xxx pounds in the bank "

Wish it was that simple.

If you look carefully, I never blaimed UKBA. I did blame what they *have to do*, and that goes to law makers. Like I said once, that "I am not mad at the desicion maker bce he just did what he had to do."

And I did ask about the rules, many times... thats all I have been doing.
ok, I too give up!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2011 10:43 am

A visitor visa application is unlikely to succeed if your girlfriend is unable to prove to the ECO (beyond all reasonable doubt) that there are strong reasons for her returning to her home country at the end of her visa term.
Does she have permanent employment in Africa which she can prove will continue after her 6 month stay (which I guess you're hoping for) in the UK? Does she own property in her home country?
If the answer is no, then this is probably the main reason for refusal and any increase in your financial status is unlikely to make a difference.
Unfortunately, the level of overstayers from the poorer countries is considerable...which is the reason for a high number of visitor visa refusals. Even you admit to an intention of applying for a fiance visa as an alternative to the visitor visa...but may not actually go ahead with the marriage. This is exactly why the ECO will examine every aspect of the application. They've seen it all before.
As you've already been asked...can you please continue in one thread, without opening others.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri May 13, 2011 10:47 am

Ah okay - I should have actually just read this before jumping in on the other thread.

There is no such thing as a visa for "dating purposes". If everyone who wanted to date a Briton tried to gain entry, I'm afraid there would be much longer queues at Heathrow (and other UK airports).

The government is interested in immigration which either helps the economy or brings/keeps families together. In your case, it would be neither. It is not in the government's interest to help people who simply want to explore the possibility of dating someone from another country.

Looking at it this way, your options are:

1. Visit your girlfriend in her own country and explore the options there. It is likely to be a lot cheaper to visit her there than what it would be for you to have to look after her here which will allow you visit her for longer using the same amount of money as she would have had to use to come here. If you then decide to become a family, you have options available to you.
2. If you believe that she can actually contribute to the economy, then you should explore options like the Tier 2 visa - there are fairly strict requirements, but it's worth looking into.

Other than that, I think you are wasting your time as there is absolutely no compelling reason to let this person into the country.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

mulderpf wrote: Other than that, I think you are wasting your time as there is absolutely no compelling reason to let this person into the country.
Are you serious? But there is this fiancee visa which is especially for dating/marriage purposes. I dont see any laws which states that she needs to have good potential to become a wealthy woman. Obviously she will work at some point.

Also, I read from somewhere that humanity laws say that you basically can marry anybody from anywhere from the world.

"1. Visit your girlfriend in her own country and explore the options there."

Cannot really do that, because if I marry her I would not divorce. So I have to be quite certain that she will in the UK.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 am

especially for dating/marriage purposes You've missed the point.
Especially for dating purposes doesn't apply.

Am I closing this thread or the other?

jp70

Post by jp70 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 am

Casa wrote:especially for dating/marriage purposes You've missed the point.
Especially for dating purposes doesn't apply.

Am I closing this thread or the other?
u can close this, although donno why because they are separate issues