ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cover letter for citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

cover letter for citizenship application

Post by rnr79 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Guys...does anyone have some fomrat for covering letter of any sample cover letter please?

thanks
Last edited by rnr79 on Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Why is a covering letter required?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 8:02 pm

I never heard about cover letter in citizenship applications unless you have to explain some thing to the case worker i.e convictions etc

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm

vinny wrote:Why is a covering letter required?
hi vinny,

for my previous addresses i know the month and year for move in and move out but dont remember the exact date and cant find any documents where i can get those from. so i want to write this in covering letter.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Thu May 12, 2011 9:21 pm

rnr79 wrote:
hi vinny,

for my previous addresses i know the month and year for move in and move out but dont remember the exact date and cant find any documents where i can get those from. so i want to write this in covering letter.
but do u have any council tax issued on for previous addresses on ur name
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

khankhattak wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
hi vinny,

hello mate...i tried to find but cant find any documents where i can get exact date..but i know months and year, would that be enough

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 pm

rnr79 wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
hi vinny,

hello mate...i tried to find but cant find any documents where i can get exact date..but i know months and year, would that be enough
means have u paid any council tax on ur previous addresses or not,if u paid council tax then its a matter other wise write down any dates on ur application as u already know the month and year and keep the record (photocopy) for future use, my friend was in the same situation and he wrote different dates but exact month and year and he got his approval today

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 pm

khankhattak wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
hi vinny,

means have u paid any council tax on ur previous addresses or not,if u paid council tax then its a matter other wise write down any dates on ur application as u already know the month and year and keep the record (photocopy) for future use, my friend was in the same situation and he wrote different dates but exact month and year and he got his approval today
What is that do with payment of council tax? I have paid all the taxes on time, its just i havent kept document safely initially, i have been doing that for last 3-4 years but i didnt do before that.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Guys i have my NCS appointment on this saturday, can you please give a view, would writing a covering letter be ok, in this case?

thanks

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Thu May 12, 2011 10:29 pm

rnr79 wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
khankhattak wrote: but do u have any council tax issued on for previous addresses on ur name
What is that do with payment of council tax? I have paid all the taxes on time, its just i havent kept document safely initially, i have been doing that for last 3-4 years but i didnt do before that.
then its matter bcoz they can check ur previous addresses from ur council, ok bro write a letter and attach with ur app i think its the best way for u

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:46 pm

hi guyz just woundering i am due to apply aswel my appliction my question regarding the previous address and and council tax. i lived in about 5 different adreses and 2 of them i lived only maybe a week or less then week so woundering i stilll need to mentioned about the adress beacuse i didnt registered with council and and i didnt paid any council tax and and council never ever send me any letter of overpayment whtever i have paid its upto date. i am going applying as a wife of a british citizen.
regards
nazia xx

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:02 am

Guys please can you check if this seems appropriate

thanks

To
UK Border Agency
Department 1
PO Box 306
LIVERPOOL
L2 0QN

Subject: Application for naturalisation as a British citizen - AN

Dear Sir / Madam

I am applying for naturalisation as a British citizen and application and related documents enclosed with this.
In section 1.17 of the application I am providing the details of previous addresses. Please be advised that I am unable to recall or determine the exact dates in 2006 and 2007 when I moved into and out of accommodation in XXXXXX and XXXXXXX. I have therefore provided approximate dates in my application form. The month and year for all previous addresses are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

Should you require any further information please feel free to contact me on XXXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXX@gmail.com.

Yours faithfully

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Have you tried credit file agencies like CreditExpert. I can see all my previous addresses and dates I moved as I notified my bank of my change of address every time I moved my house.