ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR fee payment with HSBC credit card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

newc

ILR fee payment with HSBC credit card

Post by newc » Thu May 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Has anyone tried paying ILR fee with hsbc credit card?

Did you have to call 1 Hour before the payment to Bank so that they won't stop the payment?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 pm

Why would they stop the payment?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 am

You can call them beforehand and advise there will be a transaction of £xxx going through and can they please make a note to ensure it will not be rejected.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 13, 2011 9:19 pm

You should not have any problem with HSBC credit card, if you have the credit line for the funds.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 pm

It is not specific to HSBC but this is more to do with CC providers fraud protection measures where they tend to block the payment over certain amount in single transaction.

So it is better to call them in advance and inform then about the date and payment you expect to go though so that they can make a note of the same and allow payment to go through.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Interesting. Only time I have had the bank actually call me is when I made a transaction of over £5000 otherwise they will never block a transaction unless its showing up as dodgy online. Just my thoughts.

umb

Post by umb » Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am

manyaonisland wrote:It is not specific to HSBC but this is more to do with CC providers fraud protection measures where they tend to block the payment over certain amount in single transaction.

So it is better to call them in advance and inform then about the date and payment you expect to go though so that they can make a note of the same and allow payment to go through.

I agree with manyaonisland. I recently applied for extension application and used HSBC Credit Card to pay for it. I called them before sending the application and made sure that they put a note on the system for the amount and who will be charging it. Even the application form mentions to call the card company and make the necessary arrangements. Its better to be safe than having payment related complications later on.