ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 am

bugu07 wrote:Dear Friends
Not sure what to say here.
I was disappointed and was about to leave Ireland for good. Even I accepted job in Australia and booked flights. But this morning I received that letter I was waiting for last 4 years. Now cancelled my flight till August.
For benefit of members my timelines are as follow
Applied January 2007
Additional doc asked Dec2008 sent same day
Further documents required January 2011 sent 1st week in march
Letter received today
Not sure :D or :(
Congratulations! That's a crazy wait for you. I bet you cannot believe you have finally got an answer. I hope you are celebrating.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 13, 2011 1:03 pm

I was disappointed and was about to leave Ireland for good. Even I accepted job in Australia and booked flights. But this morning I received that letter I was waiting for last 4 years. Now cancelled my flight till August.
Applied January 2007
Letter received today
Congratulations buddy. Wow! 4+ years, that's crazy. Go or stay? I suppose the choice is yours now. You are now an Irish citizen but that should not stop you from exploring other opportunities. A few questions to ask yourself is: Did you want to leave b/c you couldn't get citizenship or b/c other opportunities came along? If you didn't have challenges/frustration re your citizenship would you rather stayed in Ireland or Australia? What's your long term plan? I don't think anyone can answer those for you. Whatever you do, do not make any decision in a haste. Think long term.

I wish you all the best buddy and enjoy your long awaited "Irishness" :wink:

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

crown

Post by crown » Fri May 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Applied January 2007
Letter received today
Bugu
TRy to smile It is still an achievement and would make life easier when you travel. Your case beats mine. I applied Apr 2007 and got Apr 2011. The long undefined wait very frustrating
Anyway congrats
Crown

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri May 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Congrats Bugu07 ! Enjoy the moment.....I just want to warn you of the impending delay for cert & Passport. 11 weeks & still waiting for cert....but we can be relieved that only formalities remain....good luck with you Oath....

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 am

Applied January 2007
Letter received today
bugu07 at last good news. So the next step is Oath. If you live in Dublin the waiting time is at least 4 months for fourcourts (city centre, Dublin 3 area). I would suggest you to contact Athlone and Wexford since they do not seek for local residency in the area. DO NOT TRY Cork, since they do not accept residents from Dublin.

Good luck to you mate!

May be the next step is that you will become Ozzy !!!!!ehhhh

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Sat May 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Applied January 2007
Letter received today
Hi

If you dont mind I asked, what did they kind of documents they asked for the 1st and 2nd additional documents? Did they say why they asked for 2 times for additional documents?

Thank you

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:57 pm

If you dont mind I asked, what did they kind of documents they asked for the 1st and 2nd additional documents? Did they say why they asked for 2 times for additional documents?

Thank you[/quote]
They asked for marraige and birth affidavit + pay slips + p21.
2nd time they asked for new birth cert (old one not accepted) +p21 + payslips.
unfortunately INIS do not give any reason for anything

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 am

dgnhly wrote:
Applied January 2007
Letter received today
from which country did you originate that they make you 4 years, a special country i can assume !!

mikado
Newly Registered

Post by mikado » Mon May 16, 2011 10:12 am

The surprises are about to start in the next few weeks....don't give up yet !!

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:47 am

mikado wrote:The surprises are about to start in the next few weeks....don't give up yet !!

why not to give us a summary of what you expect

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 am

mikado wrote:The surprises are about to start in the next few weeks....don't give up yet !!
why do not you give us some hints even?
peace on you

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Mikado,
pls tell us wat u know, we are already too stressed, if you give some hope pls let us knowm atleast give an idea
God Bless

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

when is this about to take place?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 am

Hi Guys

Is there anyone in the forum who phoned in DOJ today and the call is received? because i tried all time today and the line was soooooooooooooooooooo quiet that it didn't make any sound except engaged tone. WHATS GOING ON?........ :roll:
PIKKA

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 pm

All is quiet 'cos of the State Visit by your Majesty, Queen Elizabeth. Long live the Queen- God save the Queen.

adura

Post by adura » Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi Guys

Is there anyone in the forum who phoned in DOJ today and the call is received? because i tried all time today and the line was soooooooooooooooooooo quiet that it didn't make any sound except engaged tone. WHATS GOING ON?........

My wife called INIS today and was told her documents is about to be submitted to the minister for approval and the lady at the end of the phone even promised to ring her back in case they needed more documents..Really happy days,my prayers are being answered..soon but surely the wait will be over..

God is in control...
God makes all things beautiful

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Tue May 17, 2011 1:19 pm

adura wrote:Hi Guys

God is in control...
You'd think if he was supposedly able to create heaven and earth in 6 days he'd be able to push this process along a little quicker?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue May 17, 2011 1:53 pm

adura wrote:
My wife called INIS today and was told her documents is about to be submitted to the minister for approval and the lady at the end of the phone even promised to ring her back in case they needed more documents..Really happy days,my prayers are being answered..soon but surely the wait will be over..

God is in control...
Great news adura. Nice to see that your wife's app is also nearing the end of the process. There's obviously some improvement in the naturalization process since Alan Shatter took over at the DoJ. Long may it last.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Tue May 17, 2011 5:06 pm

after 10.5 weeks, i was told that the much awaited certificate is in the post. Crown & dnghy - get ready for a registered post that's around the corner !

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:after 10.5 weeks, i was told that the much awaited certificate is in the post. Crown & dnghy - get ready for a registered post that's around the corner !
congratulations hotspurs. so your suffer is gone
peace on you

dgnhly

Post by dgnhly » Tue May 17, 2011 5:45 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:after 10.5 weeks, i was told that the much awaited certificate is in the post. Crown & dnghy - get ready for a registered post that's around the corner !
What a waiting time, well done mate! I think Quinn of England brought you luck :wink:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 pm

PIKKA wrote:Hi Guys

Is there anyone in the forum who phoned in DOJ today and the call is received? because i tried all time today and the line was soooooooooooooooooooo quiet that it didn't make any sound except engaged tone. WHATS GOING ON?........ :roll:
Yes, rang them today. First time call was disconnected while I was waiting. But it went through to an agent 2nd time. Below is the jist of conversation:

me : Just wanted to know the status of my application?
Mary : It has been sent to the Minister for a decision.
me : could you please tell me when it was sent to the Minister?
Mary : a few weeks back
me : could you please tell me when can I expect the decision?
Mary : in a few weeks time

LMAO

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue May 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Congratulations! I bet you won't believe it when the certificate is in your hands. Hope you are planning in celebrating.

tarakino
Newly Registered

Post by tarakino » Tue May 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Congrats...Finally you got it, glad for you....Hope to get mine soon

crown

Post by crown » Tue May 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Congrats
Crown