ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divoce when the bc form with ho

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rani1874

divoce when the bc form with ho

Post by rani1874 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:18 pm

hello every one
would like any advice or help with any info or experince
i applied for citizenship on the 28 march
the knwedgement letter recived on 10 /4 date 05 /04
me and my wife had sirouse mis understanding and we moved to differnt address ...just recently my shock was when i get the letter from the court my wife started divorce .
now my bc application is with home office well over a month and i call ho last week and been told that my application still to be locatted !!
what i need to know is do i have to tell the home office about divorce or is too late ?
my application is under eea route and i had my pr less then a year so my application is under 6 years eea treaty right .
thank you for ur help
and wish every one the best

Kevin_K
Newly Registered

Post by Kevin_K » Sun May 15, 2011 8:07 pm

You're not divorced yet. Your wife cannot simply divorce you so easily like that- divorce is a long process if both parties dont agree on it. I would try to delay the divorce as much as possible until you get a reply from the HO.