ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success HSMP JR (Pre Nov 2006) Croydon 13May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spare_parts
Newly Registered

ILR Success HSMP JR (Pre Nov 2006) Croydon 13May

Post by spare_parts » Sat May 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

first of all, I would like to thank everyone who took time to offer valuable advice with regards to my problem. Without your help I would have definitely struggled.

Here is my immigration history -

HSMP : Jun 2006 - Jun 2008
Tier-1 : Jun 2008 - Jun 2011

Whilst filling in the application form I selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document" option in "Section 3"

Here is what happened at Croydon PEO -

The appointment was for 1 PM, just for myself. Entered the building at 12:30 PM. After the security checks, I was asked to write the reference number that was sent to me via the text message on the first page.

I was then asked to go to one of the counters to have my application verified. The officer asked me for the application and the passports. He checked the application form and then the passports for about 5 mins and then asked me for three months payslips. He checked the payslips and then stamped "valid"on the application and asked me to go to first floor to pay the fees.

I paid the fees and then made my way to the waiting area, took a seat and waited to be called. It was 12:50 pm by then.

My number was called at 1:55 pm. The caseworker was a British lady. She asked for my application form and the passports. She then asked me to submit ALL documentation that I wished to be considered with my application. I gave her a folder which contained the following original documents -

12 months payslips
5 years P60s
12 months bank statements
Employer reference letter
HSMP approval letter
FLR (based on HSMP) approval letter
Tier-1 approval letter

The caseworker took the folder and separated each set of documents and arranged them neatly in front of her.

She then started examining the application form. When she reached section-3 and saw that I selected "Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document", she started speaking to a colleague. She then set aside all the documents except the HSMP approval letter. She pointed out the date on the HSMP approval letter to her colleague and they discussed something for a while. She then took my two passports (one expired) and started typing away at her computer. She did this for about 10 mins. Then she looked at the dates I spent outside the UK and typed some more. After about 25 mins, she picked up all the documents I submitted and stood up. And for the first time since I submitted my documents I spoke to her. I asked her whether she wanted photocopies of the documents. She gave me a big smile and said "yes, please". I gave her a folder containing the photocopies of all the documents. She thanked me and returned all the originals to me immediately. She then said that all the documents are in order and that she is doing one final security check and once that comes through, my passport will be ready for collection in 1.5 hours.

I left the building at 2:30 pm, had some lunch, and returned at 3:30 pm. I went to counter-22 and saw that my passport was already waiting for me. I took the passport, checked the details on the visa stamp, and once satisfied, I left the building a happy man!

Good luck to everyone applying for their ILR.

Best Regards
Last edited by spare_parts on Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherkhan297

Post by sherkhan297 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Congrats...!!

Did you submit any online download & printable payslips? or were these all hard copies posted by the employer?

Thanks..

spare_parts
Newly Registered

Post by spare_parts » Sat May 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Thank you SherKhan :) .

With regards to your question, no, all my payslips were hard copies posted to my home address.

Good luck with your ILR.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 am

Congrats Spare_parts
My appointment is at Croydon tomorrow. I am in the same category as you with similar dates.

A quick question,

You mentioned that you were asked to put the booking ref no on first page. Do you have to put the reference number in the column where it says

Home Office Reference Number (if you have one)

Thanks

spare_parts
Newly Registered

Post by spare_parts » Sun May 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Vipul,

I wrote the Reference Number on the top of the very first page itself.

Good luck with your application :)

Regards

nehalbhagat

Life in the UK

Post by nehalbhagat » Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Many Congrats for your ILR success.

Please can you advise on following queries..
1.Do you have to do Life in UK ?
2.I saw you submitted your expired password in ILR,Which passport number you mentioned in application form,new or old one ?

Hope you will reply. Many thanks in advance.

Nehal Bhagat

spare_parts
Newly Registered

Post by spare_parts » Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Nehal,

thank you.

With regards to your questions -

1) No, I did not take/submit a Life in the UK test.
2) I used the NEW passport number.

Good luck with your application.

Regards,

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 am

Hi
You mentioned the employer letter, could you please provide a template of the letter. I am not sure what contents should be mentioned. Also
i dnt have 5 p60s , i am waiting or thsi year's to come and i will have 3 p60s., what would you recomend in thsi case? Can i get a copy of p60 from HMRC?

Thanks
spare_parts wrote:Hi Nehal,

thank you.

With regards to your questions -

1) No, I did not take/submit a Life in the UK test.
2) I used the NEW passport number.

Good luck with your application.

Regards,

jerryyang
Newly Registered

Congs!

Post by jerryyang » Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 am

Well done!
I am planning to apply ILR around 5th to 10 th July.

kevins
Newly Registered

Post by kevins » Mon May 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Congrats Spare_parts,

When did you get you HSMP VISA and when did you arrive in the UK?

I am in 3 days short to apply for ILR in July. According to new policy it seems I could apply for it before my VISA expires but that would be 31 days before I stay in UK for 5 years. Just not sure if I could do that in person. Thanks.

spare_parts
Newly Registered

Post by spare_parts » Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Son_of_Soil,

My employer reference letter went something like this -

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: <Your Full Name>

This letter is to confirm that the above named is a permanent employee of <Your Company Name> and that he has been working for us as an <Your Job Title> from <Your Start Date> to the current date. <Your Name>'s current salary is <Your Current Salary> pa.

I trust this letter is sufficient in support of any application, please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further details.

This is a reference given in strictest confidence and without legal responsibility, should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully

spare_parts
Newly Registered

Post by spare_parts » Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Kevins,

my HSMP was approved in May 2006. I was already in the UK at that time. So I applied for FLR in June 2006.
I am in 3 days short to apply for ILR in July. According to new policy it seems I could apply for it before my VISA expires but that would be 31 days before I stay in UK for 5 years. Just not sure if I could do that in person. Thanks.
Sushdmehta could possibly answer this question for you.

Good Luck

hskhan2008

Hi

Post by hskhan2008 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 am

Hi All
I got approval letter on 30th of May 2006, visa Stamped 4th of july 2006 and i came to UK 23rd of August 2006,
now my visa expiry date is 23 August 2011
as i am also under pre Nov 2006 rule, just want to know how many days before i can apply for ILR

Thanks