ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

statement is dated more than 28 days -PBS dependent visa ref

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prabashbala
Newly Registered

statement is dated more than 28 days -PBS dependent visa ref

Post by prabashbala » Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 am

Hi,

My wife applied for an entry clearance to the UK as a dependent of a PBS Migrant and her application was refused stating the following reason.

"You submitted your application on 12/04/11 and the Lloyds TSB Bank Statement you have submitted is dated 14/03/11. This statement is dated more than 28 days before the date of your application and therefore these funds are not applicable in accordance to the published guidance."

However,

According to the Appendix E-> (g)-> (i) [url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/] of visa guidance:

"The funds in question must have been available to the person referred to.. in ending no earlier than one calendar month before the date of application"

According to the above guideline my bank statement is not older than one calendar month.

Therefore, I would like to know the basis of refusing her application as it is not clearly mentioned in the web site that the above statement refers to a 28 days time period.

Please advise me on this. Really appreciate your comments.

Many thanks.
Prabashbala

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 pm

That is what ECO's abroad do, find silly reasons!

Calendar month according to UKBA is 30 days.

so it shouldn't be older than 30 days

you have two choices.

1. Appeal (Take ages) between 6-9Months

2. Re-apply with new statements and also LET the ECO know that he was wrong :p that the UKBA clearly states that the statements shouldnt be older than a month NOT 28days

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Also for my own information, I'd like to know what kind of accomodation did you show, TENANCY agreement or Hotel Reservation or Letter from landlord or NONE!

prabashbala
Newly Registered

Post by prabashbala » Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 am

terriblescream Thanks for the your reply.

I have sent an tenency agreement .

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 5:18 pm

prabashbala wrote:terriblescream Thanks for the your reply.

I have sent an tenency agreement .
Ur welcome....thanks for your reply too!

prabashbala
Newly Registered

After dependent visa refused can we apply for visitor visa

Post by prabashbala » Sat May 21, 2011 2:57 pm

After refusal of my wife's dependent visa under post study work category in this month(reason stated above), now we are planning to apply for visitor visa for her.

We are bit afraid about whether this will be refused again.

Could you please share your thoughts and experience with me.

Really appreciate.

Thanks .

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 21, 2011 3:37 pm

If she now applies for visitor visa without compelling evidence of strong ties to home country / country of residence, the application is likely to be refused as it may seen as an attempt to enter UK as a visitor but with an intention to live in the UK (dependant application).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prabashbala
Newly Registered

Finally got the visa after 4 months.

Post by prabashbala » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:40 pm

I would like to share my experience after the refusal of my wife's dependent visa. I hope this would help for someone.

Start from start.
We submitted my wife's initial dependent visa application(Post study work visa-dependent) on 14th of April through Colombo VFS office. The refusal letter was received on 13th of May. The decision of the Entry Clearance Officer was based on the fact that 'bank statement was more than 28 days old'. In fact my bank statement was 29 days old by the date of submission of the application. However, according to the guide lines the bank statement should be dated within one month(not 28days).

Next step
Therefore we submitted our appeal on 14th of June claiming that the Entry Clearance Officer's decision was not fair.On 11th of July, we got a letter from Chennai visa section acknowledging the receipt of the appeal.

Decision overturn
On 3rd of August around 11am(SL time) my wife got a call from Chennai visa section saying that the Entry Clearance Manager has decided to overturn the decision. Few minutes after the call,they sent an email with the decision asking my wife to submit her passport. Then my wife submitted her passport along with a copy of my current visa and the copy of the decision overturn acknowledgement document on the same day.

Stamp the passport
Finally, We got a call from the Colombo VFS office on 10th of August saying that passport is ready for collection. The passport was stamped on 09th of August from Chennai visa section.

Thanks for your valuable comments from Terriblescream and Sushdmehta.

naras
Newly Registered

Re: Finally got the visa after 4 months.

Post by naras » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 pm

prabashbala wrote:I would like to share my experience after the refusal of my wife's dependent visa. I hope this would help for someone.

Start from start.
We submitted my wife's initial dependent visa application(Post study work visa-dependent) on 14th of April through Colombo VFS office. The refusal letter was received on 13th of May. The decision of the Entry Clearance Officer was based on the fact that 'bank statement was more than 28 days old'. In fact my bank statement was 29 days old by the date of submission of the application. However, according to the guide lines the bank statement should be dated within one month(not 28days).

Next step
Therefore we submitted our appeal on 14th of June claiming that the Entry Clearance Officer's decision was not fair.On 11th of July, we got a letter from Chennai visa section acknowledging the receipt of the appeal.

Decision overturn
On 3rd of August around 11am(SL time) my wife got a call from Chennai visa section saying that the Entry Clearance Manager has decided to overturn the decision. Few minutes after the call,they sent an email with the decision asking my wife to submit her passport. Then my wife submitted her passport along with a copy of my current visa and the copy of the decision overturn acknowledgement document on the same day.

Stamp the passport
Finally, We got a call from the Colombo VFS office on 10th of August saying that passport is ready for collection. The passport was stamped on 09th of August from Chennai visa section.

Thanks for your valuable comments from Terriblescream and Sushdmehta.
Hi ,

Can you please give me some idea on how to go about the appeal. My son visa also got rejected under the same clause and rule.

If you have some write up for the appeal and sugeestions that would be great helpful.

As i need to submit appeal in next few days , i would appreciate if you can help me.