ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm

gidoc wrote:
What are these docs? I applied through NCS and they even didnt take LIUK orignal test result, they took a photocoy of that as well
Very unusual, LIUK original certificate is needed by HO. NCS have slipped up here, best to wait and see if you hear from HO regarding sending your original test result.
Well UKBA doesnt say anything that they will need LIUK original certificate when you apply through NCS. In fact they say

The nationality checking service is provided by local authorities (for example your county council or city council). A local authority can accept and forward your application to us. They will ensure that your form is correctly completed, and they will copy your documents and return them to you. They will ensure that your application is validly submitted and that the unwaivable requirements for citizenship are met. However, they will not give you nationality advice.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... e/#header1

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue May 17, 2011 7:41 pm

called home office today.
finally my applications(AN & MN1) are on their system. after 6weeks.......now awaiting to be allocated to a case worker..Great......... home office guys are doing some work....lol
lady told the waiting time is 6months!!!
Case worker might wait for an auspicious day to pick my applications :lol: :lol:
Congrats to guys who got their approvals
Best wishes to others awaiting for one

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Liuk

Post by poshandbecks1 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Gidoc, just to clarify, LIUK original certificate is not needed, when I submitted mine, I asked the lady to take it and she said to me that the photocopy was alright and that the original was not compulsory. I used NCS in Wandsworth.
@ dsk, I used my accountant as ref for my son and there was no issue with it. He got his certificate in April and I applied in March.
Regards.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Tue May 17, 2011 9:43 pm

dsk, I applied on 14th March NCS, HO received it on 16th March and money taken on 22nd March

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Well UKBA doesnt say anything that they will need LIUK original certificate when you apply through NCS. In fact they say

The nationality checking service is provided by local authorities (for example your county council or city council). A local authority can accept and forward your application to us. They will ensure that your form is correctly completed, and they will copy your documents and return them to you. They will ensure that your application is validly submitted and that the unwaivable requirements for citizenship are met. However, they will not give you nationality advice.
This is okay, however most NCS have taken the original and submitted to HO. In fact the certificate is retained by HO and not returned to you. It is often emphasised by the test centre as well that HO will want the original, so if you lose it they will ask you to take the test again and not accept a copy.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm

gidoc wrote:

This is okay, however most NCS have taken the original and submitted to HO. In fact the certificate is retained by HO and not returned to you. It is often emphasised by the test centre as well that HO will want the original, so if you lose it they will ask you to take the test again and not accept a copy.
I dont know what are the rules, but i have checked with couple of my friends who applied through NCS and they said the same thing that council didnt take their original LIUK certificate and one of them has got approved and other one is waiting, so lets see what happens

montblanc
Newly Registered

Post by montblanc » Tue May 17, 2011 11:42 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:dsk, I applied on 14th March NCS, HO received it on 16th March and money taken on 22nd March
Surprisingly, I applied exactly the same day through NCS RBKC in London—timeframe is nearly identical, and I've been waiting that my 'case to be allocated' until now.

I called them several times, first time they said the case is 'under consideration but the decision hasn't made yet', second time I called was 'not allocated'.

dsk

Post by dsk » Wed May 18, 2011 12:26 am

I think people on work permit route have to wait more.
can any one quote on self employment

Self employed (8 months), no tax papers attached because of new business & tax was not due. However, tax ref number was provided.

Ferrarilondon best of luck!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 18, 2011 7:32 am

thanks dsk I am in 10th week now

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 am

ferrarilondon wrote:thanks dsk I am in 10th week now
Hi Ferrari matey, I feel your pain....I don't seem to understand how others deal with this....how can a case be in for 8weeks without even an initial check!!! It's silly really.....but what more can we do other than wait...ehn?

Seriously, there is no point calling HO until after 6months.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 am

hi all just an update i have recieved acknowledgement today 18/05/2011 dated 12/05/2011 i applied on the 10/05/2011 through ncs brent fees was debited on 12/05/2011.will keep updating

model
Newly Registered

time line

Post by model » Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 am

Call today HO. Still application waiting for allocation. No change to last week status. Same ans 3 to 6 monts.
Submitted thorugh NCS Derby
Date of submission 30.03.11
Reached HO 01.04.11
Payment taken 12.04.11.

Wait and see.

dsk

Post by dsk » Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 am

Just call HO regarding update of my application. The chap on the other end said "it is in the process waiting for consideration".
I asked him have we been allocated a case worker his answer was "NO".
????
We sent our application on 25th of FEB.
I think we are the longest waiting applicants on this forum.

dsk

Post by dsk » Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

ferrarilondon wrote:thanks dsk I am in 10th week now
We are in 12th !!!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 18, 2011 11:03 am

dsk, I think Gul here on this forum has been waiting longer than any one since mid feb.

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed May 18, 2011 11:53 am

Hi, acknowledgement letter received today 18/5 dated 12/5. My application was received on 10/5 so I hope this is a good sign that they have got their queue under control and they're back to near normal waiting times.
My heart goes out to February and March applicants, the worst time imaginable to apply. But you'll get there, I'm sure.x

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 18, 2011 2:34 pm

My finger are itching to call UK BA but despite after 9-10 weeks there answer would be same ( awaiting allocation ) .

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:My finger are itching to call UK BA but despite after 9-10 weeks there answer would be same ( awaiting allocation ) .
You never know. Nothing ventured, nothing gained

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 18, 2011 2:56 pm

I got my approval letter last thursday i.e. 14th may. i have still not received the invitation letter. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the invitation letter.

I also rang my council and they said they still haven't received my certificate. they said that this was strange as they generally get the certificates before the applicants get their approval letters. i will be ringing the HO tomorrow to check whats happening.

I also found out that the cost of a private ceremony at my council is £125 phew !!

This is a never ending and a very expensive loop.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Another day gone without the approval from HO :roll:

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 pm

tintin wrote:I got my approval letter last thursday i.e. 14th may. i have still not received the invitation letter. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the invitation letter.

I also rang my council and they said they still haven't received my certificate. they said that this was strange as they generally get the certificates before the applicants get their approval letters. i will be ringing the HO tomorrow to check whats happening.

I also found out that the cost of a private ceremony at my council is £125 phew !!

This is a never ending and a very expensive loop.
£125.00 is a lot better than £260.00 charge by Birmingham city council.

This is very strange of ho. Approval sent but no certificate. I guess, they dealing with backlog

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:02 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Another day gone without the approval from HO :roll:
Hang in there mate, it will be all over soon. I am not going to call them before June. It's going to be bit difficult to resist. Will try and see how long before I change my mind and crack under pressure

dsk

Post by dsk » Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Listen folks!
Be Positive, may be it is not the right time for us.

Gul
Ferarilondon

I am with you guys!
I am glad that I found you guys over here!

RailroadTycoon
Newly Registered

Post by RailroadTycoon » Wed May 18, 2011 5:34 pm

RailroadTycoon wrote: Type of Application:Marriage, ILR, 3 years residency
Method: Through NCS
Date of Application:11th March
Account Debited:16th March
Acknowledgement letter:23rd March
Decision: Approved 9th May
Approval letter: Received 18th May
Date of Ceremony:TBC
Finally!!!
Don't lose hope Gul and ferrarilondon. Any day now :)

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 18, 2011 6:13 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Another day gone without the approval from HO :roll:
Dont worry mate, you'll hear soon.