ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

ILR application queries

Post by harsha7kp » Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 am

Hi,
I will be applying for ILR in the next month and have few queries regarding the same -

1) I would like to apply for same day service via a solicitor. If I apply through a solicitor, should I have to be go along with him to the Croydon PEO office on the day of the appointment or will he be able to submit the application on behalf of me in my absence?

2) My wife has been in this country for less than 2 years with me. So she will not be eligible for ILR. Currently she is on a Tier2 Dependent visa. Should I have to apply for another dependent visa for her once my ILR application is processed? Will her current WP Dependent visa be invalid one I get my ILR?

3) I have a made a list of documents to be submitted. Please do let me know if I have missed out anything in the list.
- My Passport and Biometric residence permit
- Two passport size photographs
- Signed SET O form
- Letters from Home office for my previous leave to remain in the country( eg work permit letter)
- Life in UK test document
- Pay slips of last 6 months of applicant
- Bank statements for last six months
- Marriage certificate or any birth certificate if applicable
- Tenancy or mortgage document and Utility bill
- P60 & P45 for last five years or any other proof of work in last five year
- Letter from Employer confirming current employment and salary being above SOC code.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix

Re: ILR application queries

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

When do you become eligible for settlement?
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Wed May 25, 2011 10:35 am

"2) My wife has been in this country for less than 2 years with me. So she will not be eligible for ILR. Currently she is on a Tier2 Dependent visa"

what I mean - my wife is with me in UK on a Tier2 dependent visa(Im on Tier2 general), but for less than 6 months. She has not completed 2 years in UK yet, and hence will not be eligible to apply for ILR along with me.

I will be applying for ILR next month. So once my ILR is processed and approved, will her current Tier2 dependent visa be invalid?Should I have to apply for a fresh dependent visa for her?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 25, 2011 10:52 am

Apologies! Got the dates mixed up.

If your wife doesn't intend to travel outside the CTA before she becomes eligible for settlement or before her current leave expires, she may remain in the UK as a PBS dependant. See also the proposed amendments.

Alternatively, your wife may switch to FLR(M) after you are granted ILR; subject to the A1 requirements.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks Sushdmehta. I guess I will apply for my wife's dependent visa on FLR(M) after I get my ILR approved. That will probably give her a better chance while searching for jobs, since the recruiters/job agencies would look for a "stable" work status.

Any suggestions for points 1) & 3) would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Harsha