ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK to parents with temporary permission to wor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valentin
Newly Registered

Child born in UK to parents with temporary permission to wor

Post by valentin » Tue May 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Could anyone help me please. I have contradictory information about my question?
My wife is pregnant and she is going to give birth in two months here in London. We have permission to live in London until next year. As far as I know my baby is not going to have British citenzenship. But is he going to have any rights in the future? Is he going to have the right to apply for a British passport when he is 18y old?
Thank you for your time

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 25, 2011 12:10 am

Last edited by vinny on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

valentin
Newly Registered

Post by valentin » Thu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

Thanks for your replay. But I have to leave UK in 1 year. What happens next?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 26, 2011 6:37 am

You either leave the UK in one year time or apply for extension of your visa.
You child will only be entitled to apply for British citizenships if the conditions mentioned above are met. Just the fact that he will be born in the UK doesn't give him any rights.