ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring Money to India

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

light_tunnel

Transferring Money to India

Post by light_tunnel » Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 am

Which is the easiest way of transferring money back to India. I need to be transferring on a monthly basis, any online options that are available whcih are inexpensive with very nominal charges or free(For Pakistan there is a website which does it for free).

Thanks

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun May 29, 2011 3:55 pm

I have been using money2india from icici for many years now and havent had any issues. Minimal fees and very quick transfers with many options - can give it a go. I also know of many others who use this site for regular monthly transfers

KP

light_tunnel

Post by light_tunnel » Mon May 30, 2011 5:23 pm

There seem to be two options:
1. NetExpress (NetBanking Transfers)
2. Power Transfer (Wire Based)

I assume the option 1 would be good enough as these does not require visiting the bank. Further there are two options and which of these would give a descent conversion rate
1. Regular NetExpress
2. Fixed Rupee transfer facility

Can you throw some light on the above and the charges incurred?

Thanks

email257525
BANNED

Re: Transferring Money to India

Post by email257525 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:46 pm

light_tunnel wrote:Which is the easiest way of transferring money back to India. I need to be transferring on a monthly basis, any online options that are available whcih are inexpensive with very nominal charges or free(For Pakistan there is a website which does it for free).

Thanks
Dear,
Can you please advise which web site is it to transfer money to pakistan free of charge?

Regards