ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get a tourist visa when my Tier 5 Visa finishes?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

peterseabrook
Newly Registered

Can I get a tourist visa when my Tier 5 Visa finishes?

Post by peterseabrook » Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi,

Would anyone know if when my Tier 5 youth mobility visa finishes, can I re enter the UK on a tourist visa as I am in the process of getting my long term girlfriend a defacto visa to go back with my to Australia.

The only concern with the visa process for my girlfriend is that my visa is going to run our before hers is granted. So I want to stay in the UK the extra month or so while my girlfriends visa is in the process of being finalised.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Unfortunately, you cannot switch to visitor status from within the UK because of 44(iii).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Mon May 23, 2011 1:49 pm

But as an Australian he can leave and reenter, and try his luck in being granted a tourist visa.

Generally if you have enough evidence to prove your intentions you will be OK, however I personally know of at least one occurrence where entry has been denied.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue May 31, 2011 10:31 am

I'd say leaving and re-entering as a tourist would be a bit dodgy. You might not get let back in.