ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abc111
BANNED

Tier 1 (G) clarification

Post by abc111 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 am

Dear All,

I am here on Tier 1(G) visa with extension due mid next year. I have following questions, which will peace up my mind a bit, please take some trouble to reply:

1. I am leaving my employer this month, please advise which document I must gather as well as are there precautions that I must exercise in order to be compliant to Tier1 (G) rules all the times?!

2. My dependant's visa was approved last August but she entered here in February 2011 (a gap of 5 months), she is planning to be in my/ her parent country for six months next year on her maternity (after I have obtained T1 extension). What implication will this have when I go for applying ILR in 2013? P.S. I am due ILR 2013 but my visa extension will take me beyond this date by a margin of at least six months!

I will appreciate your replies. :roll:

Thanks

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 am

:roll:

Please take some time to reply.....

thanks

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 am

Ensure that you have all salary slips and P60 from your employer. If you get electronic salary slips, take a printout and get seal signature on it. Since you are on T1 G, there is no need to worry about anything else.

As far as your dependent's staying away from UK, that should not be an issue. She can come back any time before her visa expires. But for ILR, I think there is a rule t hat you must be here continuously for last 12 months (seniors, please confirm).

Vikram
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:25 am

hsmp_1476 wrote:Ensure that you have all salary slips and P60 from your employer. If you get electronic salary slips, take a printout and get seal signature on it. Since you are on T1 G, there is no need to worry about anything else.

As far as your dependent's staying away from UK, that should not be an issue. She can come back any time before her visa expires. But for ILR, I think there is a rule t hat you must be here continuously for last 12 months (seniors, please confirm).Vikram
Seniors,

Above stated continuous residence requirement: is it for my or my wife? Is it possible if I get my ILR by normally continuing my stay in the UK and later get her staying here for 12 months before getting her ILR -how is this going to work out anyways !!!i.e once I have got my ILR then how will I get her a visa (and which one) in order to extend her stay to meet 12 months criteria???

Please advise.....................

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 am

abc111 wrote:
hsmp_1476 wrote:Ensure that you have all salary slips and P60 from your employer. If you get electronic salary slips, take a printout and get seal signature on it. Since you are on T1 G, there is no need to worry about anything else.

As far as your dependent's staying away from UK, that should not be an issue. She can come back any time before her visa expires. But for ILR, I think there is a rule t hat you must be here continuously for last 12 months (seniors, please confirm).Vikram
Seniors,

Above stated continuous residence requirement: is it for my or my wife? Is it possible if I get my ILR by normally continuing my stay in the UK and later get her staying here for 12 months before getting her ILR -how is this going to work out anyways !!!i.e once I have got my ILR then how will I get her a visa (and which one) in order to extend her stay to meet 12 months criteria???

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 am

abc111 wrote:
abc111 wrote:

Seniors,

Me sorry to keep coming back like this....but can someone advise on the issues rasied in grey above please....

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:51 am

i do not think you should have any issues as long as your are in the uk. your wife is your dependent as said above and she can enter or leave the country as long as she has the visa on it. but lets say her visa runs out and you get your extension then you can always apply for her dependent visa again and she will be all fine.