ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Version of SET(O) Form 5/11 Effective after 20 May 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:46 pm

hi
Just got off the phone with HO staff, i am surprised by the answer that i need to seek a legal representative for UKBA mistake. I was going through the form section-by section with the person took the call, he 1st advised me to tick Tier 1(HSMP) under section B n when i asked him about 10L, he got got confused. he then advised me to ignore the section 10L, i asked him is he sure? he said yes, i asked him agian ,n he said, he is confused too. So at the minute its all dark .we need to make UKBA aware that if their staff is confused about their own designed form, how on earth they expect us to understand this.

I have left my number with him as he said he will ask his team manager to confirm. I hope to get a call.
regards

khalidmirza wrote:
salina02 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
salina02 wrote:
Hi Geekhari,

We can go with 10G but i am still in doubt to select
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

I am not getting the difference between Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy and Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

Please can someone put up some light on this.
Hi Salina
My understanding is Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR JR policy is for pre Apr 2006 applicants for the duration of stay of 4 years while Tier 1(Genera) migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum JR policy document cover people between Apr 2006 and & Nov 2006 as this group need 5 years stay for ILR. HSMP ILR JR was basically on the pretext to claim ILR after 4 years but its clause 4,7,27 also mentions about the immigrants falling in between the above mentioned dates.
Thanks Khlaidmirza, But If i select tier 1 under HSMP Forum JR policy document i think i need to go for LIUK test, As its clearly been mentioned in section 4 that You are not required to complete this section if you are applying in one of the following categories: highly
skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document
Yes Salina
That was my point right from the beginning.It is a confusing form and guidance. The wisdom behind this change was to remove confusion between Tier 1(General) and Tier 1(General under HSMP Forum JR. That is why I suggested that its clause 4,7,27 of HSMP ILR JR should be mentioned in your cover letter in bold letters. That is the closest we can achieve. Clause 4 exempts you from LIUK test explicitly.Basically HO need to change the guidance and form altogether.

No Offence Please WHY MODERATORS ARE QUIET ON THIS ISSUE IN SPITE OF REPEATED REQUESTS. PLEASE HELP YOUR COLLEAGUES .

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi
Surprisngly i got call back from the team manager of the person i spoke to. According to her , if you leave the section 10L (for those who applying as HSMP+Tie1, or workpermit) and mention this in your cover letter.

she understand that there are some confusion and they are aware of it and they will be looking to change the form agian sometime in aug.

so for those who applying in June/July , please ignore section 10L

Thanks

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi
Surprisngly i got call back from the team manager of the person i spoke to. According to her , if you leave the section 10L (for those who applying as HSMP+Tie1, or workpermit) and mention this in your cover letter.

she understand that there are some confusion and they are aware of it and they will be looking to change the form agian sometime in aug.

Thanks
Thanks Son_of_Soil, Did you had a word on LIUK test, If we select tier1(HSMP)in section 3B, I think we are not exempted from LIUK test.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks
I think we can go with 10G, Dont need to worry for 10L.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello Salina

What uou think is the diff between 10G and 10L? to me, 10L apply as i had HSMP +Tier1. is yours is the same case?

Regarding LIUK test, yes he mentioned that we are not required to go for it. Basically one should write a cover letter mentioning this.

Regards

salina02 wrote:

Thanks

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hello Salina

What uou think is the diff between 10G and 10L? to me, 10L apply as i had HSMP +Tier1. is yours is the same case?

Regarding LIUK test, yes he mentioned that we are not required to go for it. Basically one should write a cover letter mentioning this.

Regards

salina02 wrote:

Thanks

10G - No points to score - HSMP (nothing about tier 1) - 5 years
10L - Points based - included other groups aswell
10H - They mentioned Judicial Review only for the purpose of 4 years

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:07 pm

does 10G includes tier 1+hsmp?
If its just for 5 years on HSMP, which option do i fall under for the combination of HSMP+Tier1?

salina02 wrote:

Regards

salina02 wrote:

Thanks

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:does 10G includes tier 1+hsmp?
If its just for 5 years on HSMP, which option do i fall under for the combination of HSMP+Tier1?

salina02 wrote:

Regards

salina02 wrote:

I think UKBA wants to call the pre nov 2006 applicants as HSMP only with 04/2011 form but with 05/2011 the confusion created with adding tier 1 (hsmp) in section 3B

04/2011 - section 3B - HSMP ILR Judicial Review, section 10g
05/2011 - section 3B - HSMP ILR Judicial Review or tier 1 Judicial Review, section 10g

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Please put forward any sample covering letter for HSMP pre nov 2006 for ILR
Thanks

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Are you applying as a combination of HSMP+Tier1 or HSMP+WP?

my HSMP letter says, they treated my application with rule in place when point requirement was 65.

Thanks

salina02 wrote:Please put forward any sample covering letter for HSMP pre nov 2006 for ILR
Thanks

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:47 pm

salina02 wrote:

salina02 wrote:

Regards

I think UKBA wants to call the pre nov 2006 applicants as HSMP only with 04/2011 form but with 05/2011 the confusion created with adding tier 1 (hsmp) in section 3B

05/2011 - section 3B - HSMP ILR Judicial Review or tier 1 Judicial Review, section 10g
I think they have created a confusion by adding this new option in section 3b - Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document
It would have been avoided just by putting ILR in place of Forum

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm

salina02 wrote:
salina02 wrote:

salina02 wrote:

I think they have created a confusion by adding this new option in section 3b - Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document
HI GUYS

So all efforts culminate. they have removed paper form and put interactive form fillable on line. there is only one category i.e hsmp jr to select. thanks confusion is over. this form is fantastic. it automatically asks you for additional information if you apply under any other category

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm

khalidmirza wrote:
salina02 wrote:
salina02 wrote:

HI GUYS

So all efforts culminate. they have removed paper form and put interactive form fillable on line. there is only one category i.e hsmp jr to select. thanks confusion is over. this form is fantastic. it automatically asks you for additional information if you apply under any other category
Hi Khlaidmirza,

Can you please let me know how it works, I have to go through PEO
I dont have any idea about interactive form and how it works
Can you please explain

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi
Just download the interactive form and fill in normally, take a print out after that..

Glad to see changes, hope the new paper form is out soon too.

regards
salina02 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
salina02 wrote:
salina02 wrote:

HI GUYS

Hi Khlaidmirza,

Can you please explain

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Do I need to pay online or at the PEO

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

PEO..its just a form where you fill in all the payment details like you do ona normal format .

Thanks
salina02 wrote:Do I need to pay online or at the PEO

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks to all who made the effort to discuss the topic

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:33 pm

salina02 wrote:But there is no section to fill in absences
Please download form, open it and start filling preferably in capital letters. This form has inherent feature to ask additional details if required. Once filled up save it on your computer. You can check and edit it as many times as you wish on your saved form.Please be patient when you open the saved form it takes longer to open.
Read the instruction at the end. I have not gone thropugh it as yet.
It asks neither LIUK test, nor point scoring for pre Nov 2006 cases. Big relief

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:PEO..its just a form where you fill in all the payment details like you do ona normal format .

Thanks
salina02 wrote:Do I need to pay online or at the PEO
I think we have to pay online if want to use Interactive form, I have seen few cases just now after filling the form at finish page it ask us to upload and pay.

This is no good if we are going to PEO.

Can some one confirm can we take print of this form and pay at PEO.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Guys I want to pay at PEO, Can someone please suggest can i use interactive form for that.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm

When you have completed the interactive form:
go to the "Finish" page; and
click "Continue and Print" to upload your answers. We will ask you to pay online (where applicable) and show you how to print and sign the official application form.

Guys Please help as its urgent, Can I print and pay at PEO.

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I hope they will update the paper form soon.

geekhatri

Post by geekhatri » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:30 pm

salina02 wrote:
geekhatri wrote:
gidoc wrote:I agree this is confusing and UKBA have added this- 10L- category without any extra guidance.

section 9 - you are not Tier 1 but were stamped as Tier 1 as HSMP had stopped.

Skip section 9
SECTION 9 - TIER 1 POINTS SCORING ASSESSMENT
Applicants who are applying for indefinite leave to remain in the following categories are required to com- plete this section;
• Tier 1 (General) (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document
Go to section 10 next
For 5 yr stay , ie HSMP before Nov 2006 but after Apr 2006
10 G Highly skilled migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) and other appropriate categories, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following:
For 4 yr stay use this ie HSMP before April 2006
10 H Highly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP indefinite leave to remain (ILR) judicial review policy docu- ment If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 4 years’ continuous stay in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and other appropriate categories, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following

Do not use 10L: This is perhaps for those who have had HSMP at some time but not directly before their current Tier 1 visa
Hi gidoc,
thanks for highlighting section 10, but what about section 3, becouse if we select option Tier 1 (General) -- including applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document, then how we can select 10 G or 10 H..
unless straight away we select HSMP under JR option in section 3, but why HO created Tier 1 general option?? oh my head is like a watch keep ticking but only between 3 and 10. :(
Hi geekhatri,

I can understand how you are feeling as i am almost in the same boat, I got an appointment this week on friday but i am not sure what i am doing

It looks we have to go with

From section 3B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial
Review Policy Document

As we are now stamped with Tier 1 but we still can apply under Judicial Review, It cant be Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document I think is for those who got 1+3 or 4, they still got stamped as HSMP.

From section 10
10G
It cant be 10H as its for 4 years but the only thing is they didn't mention Judicial review point in 10G

Please experts your views will be appreciated at this peak time.
Hey Salina,
gud luck for Friday, please share ur exp after ur appointment.

thanks.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:42 pm

geekhatri wrote:
salina02 wrote:
geekhatri wrote:
gidoc wrote:I agree this is confusing and UKBA have added this- 10L- category without any extra guidance.

section 9 - you are not Tier 1 but were stamped as Tier 1 as HSMP had stopped.

Skip section 9

Go to section 10 next
For 5 yr stay , ie HSMP before Nov 2006 but after Apr 2006

For 4 yr stay use this ie HSMP before April 2006

Do not use 10L: This is perhaps for those who have had HSMP at some time but not directly before their current Tier 1 visa
Hi gidoc,
thanks for highlighting section 10, but what about section 3, becouse if we select option Tier 1 (General) -- including applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document, then how we can select 10 G or 10 H..
unless straight away we select HSMP under JR option in section 3, but why HO created Tier 1 general option?? oh my head is like a watch keep ticking but only between 3 and 10. :(
Hi geekhatri,

I can understand how you are feeling as i am almost in the same boat, I got an appointment this week on friday but i am not sure what i am doing

It looks we have to go with

From section 3B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial
Review Policy Document

As we are now stamped with Tier 1 but we still can apply under Judicial Review, It cant be Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document I think is for those who got 1+3 or 4, they still got stamped as HSMP.

From section 10
10G
It cant be 10H as its for 4 years but the only thing is they didn't mention Judicial review point in 10G

Please experts your views will be appreciated at this peak time.
Hey Salina,
gud luck for Friday, please share ur exp after ur appointment.

thanks.
Good Luck Salina. Please do not forget to take copies of HSMP ILR JR with you highlighting section 4,7 and 27. Please share your experience. One suggestion if u do not mind. Submit documents which are asked for. Submitting the whole bunch is little awkward.

geekhatri

Post by geekhatri » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Just download the interactive form and fill in normally, take a print out after that..

Glad to see changes, hope the new paper form is out soon too.

regards
salina02 wrote:
khalidmirza wrote:
salina02 wrote:
HI GUYS

Hi Khlaidmirza,

Can you please explain
Hi Guys,
Interactive form looks like 04 version of the paper version..
so what option are we going to select now -
Hsmp jr review or Tier 1 General..

that's true that there is nothing about life in UK test or ESOL...