ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jonway12
Newly Registered

still Waiting

Post by jonway12 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 am

Date of submission NCS 23/03/2011
Card debited: 01/04/2011
Acknowledgement received 06/04/2011
Approval received ????
ceremony ????

If i do not recieve my approval this week, i may call HO next week

IMS2011
Newly Registered

Post by IMS2011 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:55 am

lionking007 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Sorry its www.writetothem.com
better still, if you know the name of your mp, they all have a standard email address and canbe contacted directly.

surname & first letter of their christian name @ parliament.uk

for example Bob Builder builderb@parliament.uk

@ferrari, how long did it take for your approval letter to come through. I am still awaiting mine. as posted earlier, the descision was taken last Thursday

i meant what help i can request from MP.... Any advice will be good!

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 pm

IMS2011 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Sorry its www.writetothem.com
better still, if you know the name of your mp, they all have a standard email address and canbe contacted directly.

surname & first letter of their christian name @ parliament.uk

for example Bob Builder builderb@parliament.uk

@ferrari, how long did it take for your approval letter to come through. I am still awaiting mine. as posted earlier, the descision was taken last Thursday

i meant what help i can request from MP.... Any advice will be good!
IMS, just explain the situation to your MP you are in and ask him / her to send a letter requesting the status & update on your application. This is a subtle way of saying to the HO that look I am now following the matter up seriously. If possible, go and meet your MP first and request him to write a letter

Camellia

Re: Timeline

Post by Camellia » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 pm

rightmove wrote:
tiru_013 wrote:Criteria :: HSMP(JR), 1 year ILR
Type :: NCS, Hounslow
Date of submission..........................18/11/2010
Date application received by UKBA....20/11/2010
Date of debit of credit card.........24/11/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...30/11/2011
Date of receipt of approval..........PENDING
Date of ceremony.....................PENDING
Date of Passport Application.........PENDING
Date of Passport Appointment.........PENDING
Date of Passport Receipt.............PENDING

Hi Ya,
It's been more than 6 months that I've applied for naturalisation. Whenever I call them, they say it's with a case worker and still undergoing enquiries. Out of curiosity, what sort of enquiries take more than 6 months to complete. Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks.
how is it possible... such cases with home office are just scary... u shouldnt have to wait for 6 months to get naturalised.
It is scary. From what I see most of March's applications have already been approved, my husband is still waiting. Well, if we don't receive the approval in the next couple of weeks I think we will have to prepare ourselves for long wait :( IMS2011 I really hope you will receive something soon.

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:32 pm

lionking007 wrote:
forwardever wrote:Criteria :: 1Yr student visa + 2yrs spouse visa +1month ILR
Type :: NCS, Wolvs
Date of submission..........................17/05/2011
Date application received by UKBA....NOT SURE
Date of debit of credit card.........26/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...01/06/2011 (dated 26/05/2011)
Date of ceremony....................PENDING

a speeding offence was commited on my car 6months ago,i wasnt the one driving at the time gave details to the police,i havent been contacted and no action has been taken since then,i explained to the lady at the NCS she made couple of calls and asked me to mention it on my app other than that no worries as i havent been charged nor convicted before...hope it comes back good...BIG CONGRAT TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECIEVED THERE APPROVAL AND ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US IN THE WAITIN CLUB...Cheers
If you were not the driver driving the car, you have got nothing to worry about. Just relax.

thanks mate, not too worried as my record is clean my only worry is that the police couldnt locate the driver in the first month i dnt knw if they have been able to locate him now or not or maybe the driver has changed his adress or somethin,i was able to get him on phone 5months ago but since then till now havent been able to get him on phone so its abit weird isnt it...anyway i hope they consider my case as a minor offence and disregard it as it wasnt excess speeding he was doing 58mph in a 50mph zone...have you called council to confirm if they have gotten ur approval cert??

pbs6vas

Re: Timeline

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:02 pm

tiru_013 wrote:Criteria :: HSMP(JR), 1 year ILR
Type :: NCS, Hounslow
Date of submission..........................18/11/2010
Date application received by UKBA....20/11/2010
Date of debit of credit card.........24/11/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...30/11/2011
Date of ceremony.....................PENDING

Hi Ya,
It's been more than 6 months that I've applied for naturalisation. Whenever I call them, they say it's with a case worker and still undergoing enquiries. Out of curiosity, what sort of enquiries take more than 6 months to complete. Please throw me some light on this.

Thanks.
This is very scary. Good luck mate. Call them every couple of days and ask them for an update. Tell them that you are ready to provide any addition information needed to speed up the process from your side. If possible take their email address(CW) and mail them
All the best

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 pm

forwardever wrote:
lionking007 wrote:

a speeding offence was commited on my car 6months ago,i wasnt the one driving at the time gave details to the police,i havent been contacted and no action has been taken since then,i explained to the lady at the NCS she made couple of calls and asked me to mention it on my app other than that no worries as i havent been charged nor convicted before...hope it comes back good...BIG CONGRAT TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE RECIEVED THERE APPROVAL AND ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US IN THE WAITIN CLUB...Cheers
If you were not the driver driving the car, you have got nothing to worry about. Just relax.

thanks mate, not too worried as my record is clean my only worry is that the police couldnt locate the driver in the first month i dnt knw if they have been able to locate him now or not or maybe the driver has changed his adress or somethin,i was able to get him on phone 5months ago but since then till now havent been able to get him on phone so its abit weird isnt it...anyway i hope they consider my case as a minor offence and disregard it as it wasnt excess speeding he was doing 58mph in a 50mph zone...have you called council to confirm if they have gotten ur approval cert??
Don't worry. If you not the driver, should be ok. Welcome to the never ending waiting club

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Guys I really wish that people who are waiting for their approvals get it soon, as I know the pain of this long wait. Now I am waiting for invitation for ceremony. Does any one knows how long it takes?

jonway12
Newly Registered

Call HO

Post by jonway12 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:15 pm

When I posted my timeline about ten minutes ago, I wrote that if I did not hear from HO this week I was going to call next week. However I couldn’t stop myself from calling. When I eventually call (After Four Tryers) the gentleman at the other end told me that my application had been concluded and a letter had been sent today 01/06/2011. I believe it is good news. I called my agency to take on extra shift to shorten my wait or else it will be one of the longest wait for a letter in my life. I will keep you all updated.
Bellow is the journey so far
Approval received ???? (decision sent out 01/06/2011 but not received yet)
ceremony ????

CONGRATE ferrarilondon and others who have recieved theirs

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: Call HO

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:23 pm

jonway12 wrote:When I posted my timeline about ten minutes ago, I wrote that if I did not hear from HO this week I was going to call next week. However I couldn’t stop myself from calling. When I eventually call (After Four Tryers) the gentleman at the other end told me that my application had been concluded and a letter had been sent today 01/06/2011. I believe it is good news. I called my agency to take on extra shift to shorten my wait or else it will be one of the longest wait for a letter in my life. I will keep you all updated.
Bellow is the journey so far
Approval received ???? (decision sent out 01/06/2011 but not received yet)
ceremony ????
Congratulations jonway12!!!!

I applied about 17 days ago, and getting bit anxious now after reading so many posts where the application has been with HO for over 6 months and nothing happening.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:27 pm

khankhattak wrote:
tiru_013 wrote:hi bro, do you know more details why it got delayed that long. If you have any info can you please share it with us.
bcoz of his english test inquiry and HO took 3 years to sort that out
OMG cant believe that...did your bro submit the original certificate of passing english language test or LIUK?

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 pm

pbs6vas wrote:
forwardever wrote:
lionking007 wrote:

Don't worry. If you not the driver, should be ok. Welcome to the never ending waiting club

lol yea im in the waitin club now i hope this time it wuld be an endin waitin club lol as they have cleared the backlog which was what i was kinda waitin for hope the time line will reset back to 3 to 5 weeks as usual...ALL THE BEST TO ALL THE WAITERS....cheers

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Guys I really wish that people who are waiting for their approvals get it soon, as I know the pain of this long wait. Now I am waiting for invitation for ceremony. Does any one knows how long it takes?

mate i reckon u call your council and ask if you can book a private cermony jus to know if they have recieved your cert or not cos you dnt have to wait for your invitation if they have already recieved it...bet your fam are more than happi now as they have been waitin for your approval so u can take them to france lol...

Kiran234

Post by Kiran234 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:55 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:Guys I really wish that people who are waiting for their approvals get it soon, as I know the pain of this long wait. Now I am waiting for invitation for ceremony. Does any one knows how long it takes?
Try speak to your council mate.. i spoke to hem and got the ceremony organised for yesterday and alos submitted my passport application on the same day.. hope this helps..

model
Newly Registered

Time line

Post by model » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Application date 30.03.11 NCS DERBY
Received by HO 01.04.11
Payment deducted 12.04.11
Status on 01.06.11 Awaiting case worker

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:19 pm

I also called my council and they confirmed that they haven't received my certificate yet. So Waiting again lol :lol:

blueskyes
Newly Registered

Post by blueskyes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:27 pm

I tried finding out from my council if they have received my certificate but they wont even entertain me without some reference number which only appears on the invitation letter, so like ferrari said, its another waiting game

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 pm

What are the inital checks, last year some time there was big news about digital bill, so do they check phone calls, internet downloads etc :wink: as intial checks

dj_nat
Newly Registered

Post by dj_nat » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks to all the members who updated the site regularly. These updates helped figure out my expected time lines and received exactly as predicted. Below info for ref to all of you.

Criteria ::HSMP (JR) + 1 year ILR
Type :: Self preparation ( spouse + 2MN1)
Date of submission..........................28/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA....29/03/2011
Date of debit of credit card.........07/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement...13/04/2011
Date of receipt of approval..........28/05/2011 (dated 26/05/2011)
Date of ceremony.....................waiting

UKBA letter states donot contact local council atleast for two weeks. If you donot receive any invitation letter from Council, call UKBA...

All the best to all of you who are waiting for approval and congratulations to everyone who received the approval.

DJ

uks
Newly Registered

Status update

Post by uks » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 pm

[quote="uks"]Update on my application

Criteria :: 5 + 1 Year
Type :: NCS Croydon
Date of submission :: 29/03/2011
Date application received by UKBA - No idea
Date of debit of credit card :: 12 Apr
Date of receipt of acknowledgment :: ??
Date of receipt of approval :: Pending
Date of ceremony :: Pending

I have not called the HO till now....lets take their own time..not much bothered..:)

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:58 pm

srdanda wrote:update: i got my passports back on 19/05/11. waiting for approval letter now. i hope caseworker won't ask to see my passports.
Hi

Did you send any fax message for the urgent need for your passports back?

My wife's naturalization application is with HO through postal application (reached HO on 30/03/2011). When she called yesterday she got the reply that still under consideration. She requested for her passport back as we need to travel in the last week of June. She was asked to send a fax to HO explaining the urgent reason why she needs the passport back. He noted down that my wife wants the passport back. But he said HO needs a fax message. Also he told if it is a planned trip, then in the first instance my wife should not have applied for the naturalisation as her passport is needed. If it is urgent travel on emergency then they need to receive a fax.

sworld
Newly Registered

Post by sworld » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Update on my application. Called UKBA today and the guy told me they take an average of 3 months. Further confirmed that they have recieved my application and if I do not hear from them in 3 weeks, then pls call back. Very courteous guys from the UKBA.

Date of submission or posting: 19 April 2011
Date of reciept at Home office: 20 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 5 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15 May 2011
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of appln. for passport: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

srdanda
Newly Registered

Post by srdanda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:48 pm

nax_72 wrote:
srdanda wrote:update: i got my passports back on 19/05/11. waiting for approval letter now. i hope caseworker won't ask to see my passports.
Hi

My wife's naturalization application is with HO through postal application (reached HO on 30/03/2011). When she called yesterday she got the reply that still under consideration. She requested for her passport back as we need to travel in the last week of June. She was asked to send a fax to HO explaining the urgent reason why she needs the passport back. He noted down that my wife wants the passport back. But he said HO needs a fax message. Also he told if it is a planned trip, then in the first instance my wife should not have applied for the naturalisation as her passport is needed. If it is urgent travel on emergency then they need to receive a fax.
no I did not send any fax. only a telephone request. thay told me i have to fax them if passport isneeded really urgently. telephone request would take upto 10 working days. infact i got my passport within 3 working days ( theyused special delivery envelope i enclosed, as rerquested by me)
the guy who took my 'passport request' on phone had to email someone while i was on the phone.
i told them it is a unplanned travel for family wedding

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:05 pm

srdanda wrote:
nax_72 wrote:
Hi

no I did not send any fax. only a telephone request. thay told me i have to fax them if passport isneeded really urgently. telephone request would take upto 10 working days. infact i got my passport within 3 working days ( theyused special delivery envelope i enclosed, as rerquested by me)
the guy who took my 'passport request' on phone had to email someone while i was on the phone.
i told them it is a unplanned travel for family wedding
Thanks for the information. Actually my wife requested for the passport return and he noted that down in the system. We do not know whether that would send any email to the right person to send the documents. We did not send any fax so far. Let us wait and see what happens in the following few days.

People are getting approval letters around the same time of our submission. May be if both of us are lucky then we may get respective approval letters.

If we receive the passport within next 10 days then it would be enough for our trip outside the UK.

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Let me join the waiting game as well....looking at the waiting time think it would be ages before i hear anything :)

Criteria :: HSMP(JR) + backdated 1 Year ILR
Type :: post (special delivery)
Date of submission :: 29/05/2011
Date application received by UKBA - not tracking yet!!
Date of debit of credit card :: ??
Date of receipt of acknowledgment :: ??
Date of receipt of approval :: ??
Date of ceremony :: ??