ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on UK Passport form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Advice on UK Passport form

Post by poshandbecks1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Hello All,

Please I am filling passport application form for my son and question nos 4 is asking for grandparents's details, I know my parents details but i dont know my son's father's parents details, please advice on what I should write.
Thank you very much for your quick response.
Regards.

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:40 pm

If the passport application is not based on birth right then no need to fill this part. I mean any kid getting passport after parent's ILR or their own registration as British citizen need not fill that part of the passport application.

poshandbecks1
Newly Registered

Post by poshandbecks1 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank you very much nax_72 for your quick response, my child got his registered recently. So does that mean I can leave it blank? I am thinking of submitting it today at the post office using the check and send service.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:40 pm

poshandbecks1 wrote:Thank you very much nax_72 for your quick response, my child got his registered recently. So does that mean I can leave it blank? I am thinking of submitting it today at the post office using the check and send service.
ok write ur only parents datails on another blank paper and send it with application form in case they need it so u don't need it to send in the middle of proccess
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:49 pm

khankhattak wrote:
poshandbecks1 wrote:Thank you very much nax_72 for your quick response, my child got his registered recently. So does that mean I can leave it blank? I am thinking of submitting it today at the post office using the check and send service.
ok write ur only parents datails on another blank paper and send it with application form in case they need it so u don't need it to send in the middle of proccess
When I filled my daughter form I left it blank. It was under my PR received before she was born.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:59 pm

There used to be in the past different passport application forms depending on your application but sometimes people used the wrong form so a one-fit-all application form was introduced which means there are sections in the form that might not be relevant to your application.

Having said that, if you are using Check & Send, the PO staff might insist on having all sections completed to cover themselves. For adults application, it is recommended to write down the dates you put on the application as they might be asked later in the identity interview.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Jambo wrote: For adults application, it is recommended to write down the dates you put on the application as they might be asked later in the identity interview.
I would advice photocopy it.