ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Tue May 10, 2011 10:58 am

atika_aijaz wrote:do i have to submit my british passport at the time of applying for oci
No you don't. Just a photocopy with the application. I sent my mother's passport and it got sent back specifically saying "don't send british passport when applying for oci".

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue May 10, 2011 12:18 pm

modasu wrote:
atika_aijaz wrote:do i have to submit my british passport at the time of applying for oci
No you don't. Just a photocopy with the application. I sent my mother's passport and it got sent back specifically saying "don't send british passport when applying for oci".
I was under the impression that you have to send originals when applying thru post. If you don't have to, then I don't understand why they insist on self address Envelope for originals to be sent back.
http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.php

[FOR SECURITY REASONS OCI APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED AT THE COUNTER, FROM THE APPLICANTS 0NLY AND NOT THROUGH THIRD PARTY.  THOSE WHO CANNOT COME MAY SEND BY POST ALONGWITH WITH SELF ADDRESSED  ENVELOPE  FOR SENDING DOCUMENTS BACK IF REQUIRED WHICH WILL RECEIVE DUE PRIORITY-INCONVENIENCE REGRETTED]

atika_aijaz
Newly Registered

Post by atika_aijaz » Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm

thanks modasu and shajacksha,i have submitted my application in london in person.i took my passport but they didnt even ask for it.

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Tue May 10, 2011 3:08 pm

shajacksha wrote:
modasu wrote:
I was under the impression that you have to send originals when applying thru post. If you don't have to, then I don't understand why they insist on self address Envelope for originals to be sent back.
http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.php

[FOR SECURITY REASONS OCI APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED AT THE COUNTER, FROM THE APPLICANTS 0NLY AND NOT THROUGH THIRD PARTY.  THOSE WHO CANNOT COME MAY SEND BY POST ALONGWITH WITH SELF ADDRESSED  ENVELOPE  FOR SENDING DOCUMENTS BACK IF REQUIRED WHICH WILL RECEIVE DUE PRIORITY-INCONVENIENCE REGRETTED]
You have to send the original documents but that does not include the British passport.
I had some documents missing in my application so they sent the application back. On the return sheet, they stated at the top that I don't need to give the original British passport for OCI app through post.

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for clearing this.

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

atika_aijaz wrote:thanks modasu and shajacksha,i have submitted my application in london in person.i took my passport but they didnt even ask for it.
Good luck. Should be a proud OCI holder in three week's time

modasu
Newly Registered

Post by modasu » Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Is there any way of contacting HCI London? There doesn't seem to be any sort of email address or phone number.. well forget phone number they never pick up anyway! I sent my application 2 weeks ago and there hasn't been any acknowledgement of it. On the website it says it takes maximum a week.

zi1bbs
Newly Registered

OCI BIRMINGHAM

Post by zi1bbs » Tue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi, has anyone recently applied for OCI Birmingham by post? I wanted to know whether I would have to send any original documents such as passports, birth certificates ect with the application form, or If I am okay to send photocopies instead. Thanks in advance.

modasu
Newly Registered

Re: OCI BIRMINGHAM

Post by modasu » Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 pm

zi1bbs wrote:Hi, has anyone recently applied for OCI Birmingham by post? I wanted to know whether I would have to send any original documents such as passports, birth certificates ect with the application form, or If I am okay to send photocopies instead. Thanks in advance.
I applied in person at Birmingham for me and my father. It says on the website that if applying by post, you have to send the originals and also enclose a SDE for them to be sent back to you. You also have to send another self-addressed prepaid envelope (1st/2nd class will do) for them to send the receipt back.

rambler
Newly Registered

Post by rambler » Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 am

I recently made an OCI application on the 11th of May.
Does anyone know how long it takes at present for the status to change from Registration Status GRANTED to Documents PRINTED?

My current status is
Date Of Acknowledgment 11-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 12-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 12-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at LONDON NOT YET

british_indian
Newly Registered

help

Post by british_indian » Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi ,

I applied on the 8th MAY ...

It is GRANTED but "NOT PRINTED" .Almost 2 weeks and website says send another Photo if > 1 week ..But with same photo i got the toursit Visa just 3 days back .

I called HCI , no body reponds ...can u please guide what to do ...
I took the best photo (51 * 51 , 80 % coverage) paying 15 £ for 4 .....So no idea what more i can give ...please help

in-london
Newly Registered

Post by in-london » Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Today I made my OCI application in person at HCI London.
Status at the OCI website:

Date Of Acknowledgment: 23-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 24-MAY-2011
Registration status: Granted on 24-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at LONDON: NOT YET

Now the waiting starts...
Last edited by in-london on Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rambler
Newly Registered

Post by rambler » Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 am

There appears to be some problem in printing. I was told it will take about two weeks for it to be fixed. So anyone who has applied within the lst few days will have to wait slightly longer.

british_indian
Newly Registered

Post by british_indian » Tue May 24, 2011 9:27 pm

rambler wrote:There appears to be some problem in printing. I was told it will take about two weeks for it to be fixed. So anyone who has applied within the lst few days will have to wait slightly longer.

Hi , i was about to take another Photot and resubmit when i also got mail from shetty from hci yesterday .. He mailed me that there is some technical issue and wait ..So i am waiting ...

Teacup
Newly Registered

Post by Teacup » Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Yes,called up HCI today and they said that the printer in Delhi is not working. Should be up and running anytime soon.....

cool_guy2011
Newly Registered

OCI Application - Scotland: My timeline.

Post by cool_guy2011 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Here is my timeline for perusal of people applying from Edinburgh Consulate, Scotland:-

Mode of application - Postal

1) Date of sending documents / AF to Edinburgh - 6th April 2011
2) Date of acknowledgement - 11th April 2011
3) Date of scanning - 4th May 2011
4) Date of grant of registration - 4th May 2011
5) Date of printing - 16th May 2011
6) Date of dispatch - 18th May 2011
7) Date OCI received at Edinburgh - 25th May 2011.

I am informed one can either go to Edinburgh in-person to collect OCI or have it sent by post - RoyalMail SDE.

Thanks

TC

Post by TC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Has anybody got OCI recently form London HCI?

in-london
Newly Registered

Post by in-london » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 am

It seems the printer is working now.
I checked my status today, and it says PRINTED on 04-JUN-2011

Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 04-JUN-2011

british_indian
Newly Registered

whatz happening

Post by british_indian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Guys ,

I applied on the 10th and was told printer not working . last week i was told docs should reach soon .But my status is still shown as NOT PRINTED .
Any one got it PRINTED status who applied around 10th or 11th etc ..

in-london wrote:It seems the printer is working now.
I checked my status today, and it says PRINTED on 04-JUN-2011

Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 04-JUN-2011

rambler
Newly Registered

Post by rambler » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 am

I also applied on the 11th. My status has not changed to printed yet.

british_indian
Newly Registered

Post by british_indian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi ,

Just got a mail from them .
Problem is they are not abiding the Queue system .

They said the people who had issues with printing are in backlog and need to wait ....
and Fresh people have no issues :) ....Anyway we have to wait .....

So no idea why they process fresh cases if they have many in backlog ..funny system
...aNYWAY NO SURPRISE

rambler wrote:I also applied on the 11th. My status has not changed to printed yet.

Ocilondon
Newly Registered

Post by Ocilondon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Got reply today from OciUnit

"Applications granted in London upto 3rd May have been printed.  Your turn will come in the next lot of London, may be this or next week"

My timeline as below:

Date Of Acknowledgment: 05-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature: Scanned on 06-MAY-2011
Registration status: Granted on 06-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status: Not yet PRINTED
Documents Printed On:

TC

Questions

Post by TC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 am

I have filled in OCI application for me, my wife and two children. I will have to print the application later as I do not have printer at home.

1. How do I retrieve the application. I am using the reference number and DOB but it says the application does not exist?

2. Do I have print 8 copies of this application? two for each applicant. If I do this what happens to Part A of the other applicants??

Thanks for the answering my questions.

TC

Re: Questions

Post by TC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:33 am

Not to worry both questions are now resolved. I was able to retrieve the applications and they are individual applications.
TC wrote:I have filled in OCI application for me, my wife and two children. I will have to print the application later as I do not have printer at home.

1. How do I retrieve the application. I am using the reference number and DOB but it says the application does not exist?

2. Do I have print 8 copies of this application? two for each applicant. If I do this what happens to Part A of the other applicants??

Thanks for the answering my questions.

british_indian
Newly Registered

Post by british_indian » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank God ...Mine is now in PRINTED STATUS ..Applied on 10th ...

british_indian wrote:Hi ,

Just got a mail from them .
Problem is they are not abiding the Queue system .

They said the people who had issues with printing are in backlog and need to wait ....
and Fresh people have no issues :) ....Anyway we have to wait .....

So no idea why they process fresh cases if they have many in backlog ..funny system
...aNYWAY NO SURPRISE

rambler wrote:I also applied on the 11th. My status has not changed to printed yet.