ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does international scholarship agency

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

he4dsh0k
Newly Registered

What does international scholarship agency

Post by he4dsh0k » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 am

Hi guys, need your help.

What does international scholarship agency mean?
My sponsor is a company from my home country and ONLY sponsors students from back home but NOT from other nations.

Is it considered international scholarship agency or not?

I was a Tier 4 student since 2009.

Can I apply without giving a letter from my sponsor? Do they have record who my sponsor is?

I have a problem with my sponsor, they can't issue a letter saying they have released me because simply my name is not on the record any more as I've completed my study. It's still within 12 months period since they last sponsored me though.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:05 pm

You don't need a sponsor to apply for Tier 1 (PSW).

So, the question is - what is the context of the query?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You don't need a sponsor to apply for Tier 1 (PSW).

So, the question is - what is the context of the query?
i believe OP is talking about the fact that if a student is sponsored by an international scholarship agency or their government whilst they are a student they need the sponsor's permission to apply for PSW.

he4dsh0k
Newly Registered

Post by he4dsh0k » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm

thanks. Sorry for not making myself clear.

Yeah do I still need to provide a permission letter from my previous sponsor to apply for PSW?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Is the "company" in the business of "providing scholarships"?

I guess you need to share more details of what this "company" does, for others to understand whether it can be termed as a scholarship agency.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

he4dsh0k
Newly Registered

Post by he4dsh0k » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:00 pm

International sounds vague to me.

Does international scholarship agency mean agency that sponsors international students from any country ie fulbright, chevening, commonwealth scholarship

or

does international mean an overseas agency ie a company let's say in India that sponsors student from India.

My sponsor falls into the latter category. It's a company whose business is to develop the nations and one of it's minor business is giving out scholarship.

If the PSW applicant got sponsorship ended within 12 months NOT from British government, NOR from other government NOR from international scholaship agency, can he still apply?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

he4dsh0k wrote:
If the PSW applicant got sponsorship ended within 12 months NOT from British government, NOR from other government NOR from international scholaship agency, can he still apply?
yes

he4dsh0k
Newly Registered

Post by he4dsh0k » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm

thank you!! that makes me feel better

Raj5

Re:

Post by Raj5 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:52 am

he4dsh0k wrote:thank you!! that makes me feel better
Hi there, was your application for switching to PSW from your Tier 4 visa was accepted? I am curious because your employer was engaged in the business of providing scholarships and was located outside the UK, so my interpretation of term International Scholarship Agency would be that your employer does fall under that category.