ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR, then went out of UK and have come back now..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Got ILR, then went out of UK and have come back now..

Post by hardikrs » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Dear All,

I got ILR in July 2009 and left the UK in September 2009. I was out of UK (in India for 1-2 months and in US for for 18 months for work related reasons) from Sep 2009 till May 2011.

I have returned back to the UK in May 2011.

When would I be eligible for naturalisation ?

I really appreciate your help and guidance on this.

Many thanks.
Last edited by hardikrs on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Re: Got ILR, then went out of UK and have come back now..

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 pm

hardikrs wrote:When would I be eligible for naturalisation ?
As and when you fulfil the standard requirements.

Some, amongst the many, are:
Residential requirements wrote:To demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation, you must have:
- been resident in the UK for at least five years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
- been present in the UK five years before the date of your application; and
- not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
- not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
- not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

olawest

Post by olawest » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:25 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
hardikrs wrote: - not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
- not spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months of the five-year period; and
- not been in breach of the Immigration Rules at any stage during the five-year period.
Hi Sushdemeta:

For naturalization: does the count of 90 days u can spend outside in the last 12 months of the five-year period include 'WEEKENDS'?

nax_72

Post by nax_72 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 pm

olawest wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
hardikrs wrote: - not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during the five-year period; and
Hi Sushdemeta:

For naturalization: does the count of 90 days u can spend outside in the last 12 months of the five-year period include 'WEEKENDS'?
It does not mater whether a week day or weekend. It is about you physically present in the UK at any part of 24 hours of any given day. This is the reason one can count the day you left UK and the day you returned UK also the days you physically present in the UK.