ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit holder going for extension/switching to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

preddy
Newly Registered

Work Permit holder going for extension/switching to Tier 2

Post by preddy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 am

Hi All,

Could you please guide me in right direction please. I got work permit(i.e. non-points based) on 04th dec 2006 and it expires on 04th dec 2011. I have entered UK on 27th dec 2006. so, i will be eligible to apply for ILR from 30th of november 2011, just 3 days i have. I'm bit worried to go for ILR in that short time. Its because, If due to any reason my ILR is not granted then there is no time for me to switch into Tier 2 General for extension. My employer got one license for me from UKBA.

My questions

1) Can I switch into Tier 2 General for extension before i go for ILR? Its because it will be 5 years completed by the time my current work permit VISA expires(i.e. on 4th dec 2011). Can I apply for switching into Tier 2 General for extension?

2) In my case, can apply a month before my VISA expire. I mean, can apply for Tier 2 General after 4th November 2011. I will have a month time.

3) If i'm eligible to apply for switching into Tier 2 General for extension, do my employer need to do Labour Market Test? I'm a software developer.

*** The only reason for going for above option is, I was not paid as mentioned on my work permit for whole 5 years. Now, i'm paid with the figure which mentioned on my workpermit (i.e. from this month). So, It will be six months when i go for ILR. Everyone is saying that i have to submit all 5 years of payslips or P60s. But when I look at ILR application form(i.e. SET O form), it says atleast 3 months payslips and bank statements. If I go with 6 months payslips with bank statements and a letter from my employer saying that i'm working with the organisation for last 5 years. I'm not sure will the Home Office accepts it. Thats the reason i'm looking to go for above(i.e. Switching to Tier 2 General).

I would be very thankful to your valuable suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Prakash

umb

Re: Work Permit holder going for extension/switching to Tier

Post by umb » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm

preddy wrote:Hi All,

Could you please guide me in right direction please. I got work permit(i.e. non-points based) on 04th dec 2006 and it expires on 04th dec 2011. I have entered UK on 27th dec 2006. so, i will be eligible to apply for ILR from 30th of november 2011, just 3 days i have. I'm bit worried to go for ILR in that short time. Its because, If due to any reason my ILR is not granted then there is no time for me to switch into Tier 2 General for extension. My employer got one license for me from UKBA.

My questions

1) Can I switch into Tier 2 General for extension before i go for ILR? Its because it will be 5 years completed by the time my current work permit VISA expires(i.e. on 4th dec 2011). Can I apply for switching into Tier 2 General for extension?

2) In my case, can apply a month before my VISA expire. I mean, can apply for Tier 2 General after 4th November 2011. I will have a month time.

3) If i'm eligible to apply for switching into Tier 2 General for extension, do my employer need to do Labour Market Test? I'm a software developer.

*** The only reason for going for above option is, I was not paid as mentioned on my work permit for whole 5 years. Now, i'm paid with the figure which mentioned on my workpermit (i.e. from this month). So, It will be six months when i go for ILR. Everyone is saying that i have to submit all 5 years of payslips or P60s. But when I look at ILR application form(i.e. SET O form), it says atleast 3 months payslips and bank statements. If I go with 6 months payslips with bank statements and a letter from my employer saying that i'm working with the organisation for last 5 years. I'm not sure will the Home Office accepts it. Thats the reason i'm looking to go for above(i.e. Switching to Tier 2 General).

I would be very thankful to your valuable suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Prakash
You can apply 28 days before your visa expires i.e. 28 days before 04-DEC-2011.

preddy
Newly Registered

Post by preddy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Please help me...

Can anybody answer my queries please.

Even not sure what is best way to go, I mean shall I go for ILR with 6 months payslips, bank statements and an employer letter stating that i'm working with the organisation for last 5 years.
OR
Go for Tier 2 extension.

Experts need your help...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Your query has been answered - above, and also here.

It has been suggested that you can apply for settlement without the need for an extension. No one can answer for you whether your settlement application will be refused or granted, so what is best for you is for you to decide - depending on whether you fulfil the settlement requirements on the date of application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!