ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Re: british citizenship

Post by Cranberry » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:55 am

flojomojo wrote:congratulations to all who have received their approvals. here is my timeline
Criteria- 10 years long residence + 1.5 years (ILR)
NCS/POSTAL: postal
Used special delivery royal mail sent app. on 04/04/2011
UKBA receipt of app. must have been 05/04/2011
Debit card collection of payment :14/04/2011
Acknowledgement letter received: 20/04/2011 dated 14/04/2011
Approval: dated 8 June, 2011 received today 10 June, 2011 via special delivery together with my supporting docs. so no brown envelope or second class post used for my approval.
Now awaiting invitation letter: :
Congratulations! This is great news, April applications are now being looked at.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:50 am

model wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Congratulations VSAndroid, At least almost all March applicants have been approved. Good luck and enjoy Spain
Submitted 30th Marh (5yrs Work permit + 1 ILR)
NCS DERBY

Still waiting

Last time called 1-June- awaiting allocation.
My application took between 75 to 81 days right from submitting to NCS all the way to getting the approval letter through the letter box. You will get it I am sure fairly soon. sometimes, they do not update their systems even though it has been processed, it will still say waiting to be allocated etc....

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:53 am

hi thanks for comments on my post, Do you realy think its worth able to write a letter with self addressed evelope for reply or i may be can sent a brand new payment slip but i would alos write if they taken already fee then ignore this letter plz give me suggestion thnx
nazia x
If I were you, I would for the time being just send them a letter and request for explanation very politely and suggest, as per your website etc... it says we get any ack letter, I have however not received, it may be possible you may have sent it but it might have got lost in the post. Make a another request to send an acknowledgement letter; hopefully this should grab theur attention and set the things in motion

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 am

lionking007 wrote:
hi thanks for comments on my post, Do you realy think its worth able to write a letter with self addressed evelope for reply or i may be can sent a brand new payment slip but i would alos write if they taken already fee then ignore this letter plz give me suggestion thnx
nazia x
If I were you, I would for the time being just send them a letter and request for explanation very politely and suggest, as per your website etc... it says we get any ack letter, I have however not received, it may be possible you may have sent it but it might have got lost in the post. Make a another request to send an acknowledgement letter; hopefully this should grab theur attention and set the things in motion
you are quite right thanks for nice suggestion, but i could only make a request for ack letter if they were debited my account but they have not yet debited my account i check every single day online so it means they never send any ack letter yet. first of all they have to debit the account before sent any ack letter. but i will wait few more days before i send a request letter.

lionking007

Post by lionking007 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:42 am

Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
nazia x
you are quite right thanks for nice suggestion, but i could only make a request for ack letter if they were debited my account but they have not yet debited my account i check every single day online so it means they never send any ack letter yet. first of all they have to debit the account before sent any ack letter. but i will wait few more days before i send a request letter.
Just write a simple letter stating, that "I am bit concerned as I have not yet received any ack letter & neither the money has been debitted off my account, I will be most gareful if yu can pls kindly look into this matter and come back to me with an appropriate response and further advise if you have not yet received my application at your earliest possible convenience; I have attached a SASE for your convenience.

sincerely
xyz...."

PS: how did you send your application???? was it ncs, post etc...

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 pm

Finally they took the money after 9 days...

Criteria :: HSMP(JR) + backdated 1 Year ILR
Type :: post (special delivery)
Date of submission :: 29/05/2011
Date application received by UKBA - 01/06/11
Date of debit of credit card :: 09/06/11
Date of receipt of acknowledgment :: ??
Date of receipt of approval :: ??
Date of ceremony :: ??

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:09 pm

lionking007 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
nazia x
Just write a simple letter stating, that "I am bit concerned as I have not yet received any ack letter & neither the money has been debitted off my account, I will be most gareful if yu can pls kindly look into this matter and come back to me with an appropriate response and further advise if you have not yet received my application at your earliest possible convenience; I have attached a SASE for your convenience.

sincerely
xyz...."

Ok i will wirite. i have sent my application by post and UKBA have recived it on 27th may and the gentleman have confirmed that they have recieved my application on that day but he wasnt aware about the payment matter. i am little worried now

KentSam
Newly Registered

Post by KentSam » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:24 pm

[quote="Nazia88"][quote="lionking007"][quote="Nazia88"][quote="lionking007"][quote]
nazia x[/quote]

If I were you, I would for the time being just send them a letter and request for explanation very politely and suggest, as per your website etc... it says we get any ack letter, I have however not received, it may be possible you may have sent it but it might have got lost in the post. Make a another request to send an acknowledgement letter; hopefully this should grab theur attention and set the things in motion[/quote]

you are quite right thanks for nice suggestion, but i could only make a request for ack letter if they were debited my account but they have not yet debited my account i check every single day online so it means they never send any ack letter yet. first of all they have to debit the account before sent any ack letter. but i will wait few more days before i send a request letter.[/quote]

sincerely
xyz...."

PS: how did you send your application???? was it ncs, post etc...[/quote]

Ok i will wirite. i have sent my application by post and UKBA have recived it on 27th may and the gentleman have confirmed that they have recieved my application on that day but he wasnt aware about the payment matter. i am little worried now[/quote]

I still can't see why you should be worried in view of them taking 3 weeks to debit my credit card (9 May until 31 May), especially as you already know they have your paperwork. I saw in the forum earlier that somebody else had to wait 19 days for debit. I waited 21. You know they have the paperwork. I can't see what you will gain by writing a letter. Sorry to disagree with lionking! From what I have read on this forum, not a single person had anything speeded up by phoning UKBA. I think all this writing and phoning seems to occupy somebody at UKBA full time. If we left them alone, that person might be able to help process applications.

fabiopg
Newly Registered

Post by fabiopg » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Just got the so awaited brown envelope from the home office, application approved :-)

Application sent via NCS: 30/03/11
Debit Card Debited: 15/04/11
Approval Dated: 08/06/11
Approval Arrived via Post: 11/06/11

However, they say I cannot contact the local authority directly to book the ceremony, I need to wait around 2 weeks from an invitation letter, but who cares, I have been waiting for so long, anyway...

Whoever wanna have some caipirinas with me to celebrate, give me a shout :-)

Good luck to you all who are still waiting!

Fabio

danger
Newly Registered

Post by danger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
khankhattak wrote: wait for 4, 5 days more and then ring HO for asking why they getting late to take the money out coz its really strange
ok i will wait...but i rang today already the gentleman was himself amazed but couldnt able to tell me why is that late coz i didnt recived any letter from homeoffice yet.
This is bit strange, it is worth writing a quick letter and maybe include a self Addressed Stamped Envelope for a reply
nazia x
PLEASE NAZIA
Im new to this forum and have read your posts and share your stress however Please please ingone the advice you are getting from the so called senior bloggers here. If the HO acknowledged receiving your papers please do not write them a letter asking them about debiting your account. You will be making a big mistake. Let them deal with it. I dont see why people cannot give you sound advise.

Please leave it some people from personal experience didnt even get the money taken out until 3 months after passport was out.
PLease listen to me and dont waste your time writing a letter.

jagan
Newly Registered

Just to update my time lines

Post by jagan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Just to update my time lines:

Thanks for all the help and support. Good luck for all those waiting. You all get brown envelop soon .....

If NCS, which centre: NCS Oldham
Date of submission or posting : 25/03/2011
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 7/04/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 11/04/2011
Rang HO : Thrice
Date of receipt of approval: 09/06/2011
Date of Ceremony : 10/06/2011 - Private
Date of appln. for passport :11/06/2011(Applied for my wife and son)
Method used : Check & Send
Date of Receipt : Received by IPS on 14/06/2011
Recept of original documents : NA
Date of Interview: NA
Date of Passports received:NA
Last edited by jagan on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonway12
Newly Registered

Post by jonway12 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:

sincerely
xyz...."

Ok i will wirite. i have sent my application by post and UKBA have recived it on 27th may and the gentleman have confirmed that they have recieved my application on that day but he wasnt aware about the payment matter. i am little worried now
Hi Nazia88
Why are you disturbing yourself. You submitted 16 days ago as at 11/06/11. If you had read through the forum, You should have seen some application that took longer , for their account to be debited.
An example is KentSam see his/her timeline bellow
Date of Submission - 4 May 2011
Date Reached UKBA - 9 May 2011
Date of debit of credit card - 31 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - 4 June 2011 (Dated 31 May 2011)
(KentSam Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:02 pm. Page 370 on the forum)

It took a total of 27 days for KentSam to be debited and a couple of others. Note, what you see on this forum is a rough guild not absolute guild. I would rather you didn’t write letter and just wait for you account to be debited since you’ve already confirm that your application is with them. I know how you fill but you need to be patient.

Have a lovely day

HaseebKhan

Letter

Post by HaseebKhan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Nazia, if your documents with HO then just go with your life and enjoy...you will get your approval in around 10 week time... Don't waste your time and energy... Some peoples are bit of hyper on the forum.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
lionking007 wrote:
nazia x
I sent my application mid April. It took nearly 6 weeks for account to be debited. I only called them at the end of 5 weeks and only to confirm if they'd received the application and documents.
What exactly do you hope to gain from writing to them?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:25 pm

I am just want say thanks to all member who gave me advice and plus confidence and now i have decided that i would not contact with HO and i will wait because i have seen many example of others members and i realy want to say thanks honestly i am happy now i will just wait for my aproval now and hope you guyz will pray for me and once its get approved i will send a thank you card to all of you. :) :) :)
regards
nazia xx

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Nazia88 wrote:I am just want say thanks to all member who gave me advice and plus confidence and now i have decided that i would not contact with HO and i will wait because i have seen many example of others members and i realy want to say thanks honestly i am happy now i will just wait for my aproval now and hope you guyz will pray for me and once its get approved i will send a thank you card to all of you. :) :) :)
regards
nazia xx
I think I'll settle for prayers from your end for our approval! It's frustrating but we've already waited so long, what's a few more months, eh?
Good luck!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 am

Slightly wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:I am just want say thanks to all member who gave me advice and plus confidence and now i have decided that i would not contact with HO and i will wait because i have seen many example of others members and i realy want to say thanks honestly i am happy now i will just wait for my aproval now and hope you guyz will pray for me and once its get approved i will send a thank you card to all of you. :) :) :)
regards
nazia xx
I think I'll settle for prayers from your end for our approval! It's frustrating but we've already waited so long, what's a few more months, eh?
Good luck!
hi i will pray for you and now i have decided i will just wait like you x

theclumsywizard
Newly Registered

Post by theclumsywizard » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:21 pm

acknolwedgement received on 16th March!

still waiting for the approval. can anyone suggest what i should do? Thanks

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 pm

theclumsywizard wrote:acknolwedgement received on 16th March!

So is my husband, his application was received on 14th March :roll:

srdanda
Newly Registered

Post by srdanda » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:09 pm

got my approval letter on 11/06/11, dated 01/06/11.

srdanda wrote:update: i got my passports back on 19/05/11. waiting for approval letter now. i hope caseworker won't ask to see my passports.
srdanda wrote:My experience

NCS or Postal: posted on 28/03/11
Received by them: 29/03/11 (royal mail tracking)
CRITERIA: 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card = 07/04/11
Date on acknowledgement letter = 07/04/11
Date of receipt of approval=
Date of receipt of invitations =
Date of Ceremony late November=
Date of appln. for passport =
Method used =
Date of Receipt =

I am going out of the Uk, last week of June. I rang home office today. Was told application registered on 29/03/11 but not been allocated to case worker, everything is going on time and will be dealt with within 6 months(ha ha, familiar!)
When asked about passports, a request has been put up for them to be returned in 10 working days. Told this won't usually delay the process unless case worker wants to see the passports for some reason.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:19 pm

theclumsywizard wrote:acknolwedgement received on 16th March!

I suggest you wait.

Seriously, what is with the crazy impatience with everyone? UKBA say the application can take up to 6 months, so if you know they've received your application, just let them get on with it. If we all keep calling them or writing to them to hear standard responses (and we all KNOW they'll only give standard responses), why tie someone up when they could potentially be doing something more worthwhile?

Contact HO if you wish, but you'll only be told that applications take 6 months and that your application is being considered/awaiting allocation.

Having said that, I think you'll probably be getting your approval soon - it seems as though they are currently working towards end of March/beginning of April applications.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

srdanda wrote:got my approval letter on 11/06/11, dated 01/06/11.

srdanda wrote:update: i got my passports back on 19/05/11. waiting for approval letter now. i hope caseworker won't ask to see my passports.
srdanda wrote:My experience

NCS or Postal: posted on 28/03/11
Received by them: 29/03/11 (royal mail tracking)
CRITERIA: 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card = 07/04/11
Date on acknowledgement letter = 07/04/11
Date of receipt of approval=
Date of receipt of invitations =
Date of Ceremony late November=
Date of appln. for passport =
Method used =
Date of Receipt =

I am going out of the Uk, last week of June. I rang home office today. Was told application registered on 29/03/11 but not been allocated to case worker, everything is going on time and will be dealt with within 6 months(ha ha, familiar!)
When asked about passports, a request has been put up for them to be returned in 10 working days. Told this won't usually delay the process unless case worker wants to see the passports for some reason.
Congratulations! This looks promising - April applications have started moving.

obelix
Newly Registered

Post by obelix » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Finally we have received our approvals, here is our timeline so far:

Criteria: WP + 1year ILR
No's: 2 Adults + 1 Child
Type: NCS Knowsley
Date of submission: 30/03/2011
Date of payment on: 12/04/2011
Date of letter with acknowledgement: Never!
Communications: I didn't call Home Office.
Date of Approval letter: 01/06/2011
Approval letter received: 09/06/2011

Good luck to everyone waiting. Hope you all get yours soon too.

model
Newly Registered

Post by model » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 am

model wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:Congratulations VSAndroid, At least almost all March applicants have been approved. Good luck and enjoy Spain
Submitted 30th Marh (5yrs Work permit + 1 ILR)
NCS DERBY

Still waiting

Last time called 1-June- awaiting allocation.
Small update.

Called home office today they told decision is made and letter to be posted. Normally how long it takes to print/post.

rightmove

april apps

Post by rightmove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:22 am

do we expect fewer apps in April due to surge in march and holidays in april???