ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Checks with 195 days out - Appointment on the 16th

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kenfrapin

Final Checks with 195 days out - Appointment on the 16th

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi All,

Been contributing to and seeking advice from this forum for many years now. Anyways, with everything in place, forms filled and documentation in hand, the only niggling worry is my 195 days out over 5 years with nothing over 90 days at a stretch. However, of these

Days out on Business Trips – 30
Days out on Annual Leave while employed – 127 (Including Compassionate Leave of 12 days)
Days out while unemployed - 38

To prove my case, I have the following in hand if asked on the above
1. Employment letter confirming absences due to business trips and in lines with paid annual leave. Also details the exact dates as stamped in my passport.
2. Bank statements showing monthly salary, payment of flat rent and utilities when on annual paid leave
3. Business Trip Invitation Letters
4. Council Letters confirming payment of council tax and UK address when on annual paid leave in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
5. Tenancy agreement and Bank statement showing rent paid confirming UK address during holiday when unemployed

I am confident enough that merely discounting the Business Trips of 30 days will bring me back into the limit but still, as the days get closer, my apprehension slowly grows :-)
Will let you know the outcome on the 16th

KP

malepiscean

Re: Final Checks with 195 days out - Appointment on the 16th

Post by malepiscean » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Ken - good luck! I'm in a similar-ish boat. My total absences are 286 days (excluding travel dates) and here is the break-up:
1) Business trips: 193 (have employer letter certifying each trip)
2) Paid Annual vacations: 93 (have an overall employer latter certifying no unpaid absences)
3) Unpaid absences: 0
Any suggestions from your side on how I could further strengthen my case are welcome. I would look forward to hearing about your experience.
Thanks.

kart
Newly Registered

Re: Final Checks with 195 days out - Appointment on the 16th

Post by kart » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:18 pm

malepiscean wrote:Hi Ken - good luck! I'm in a similar-ish boat. My total absences are 286 days (excluding travel dates) and here is the break-up:
1) Business trips: 193 (have employer letter certifying each trip)
2) Paid Annual vacations: 93 (have an overall employer latter certifying no unpaid absences)
3) Unpaid absences: 0
Any suggestions from your side on how I could further strengthen my case are welcome. I would look forward to hearing about your experience.
Thanks.
I was in a similar situation where I had around 230 days absence from the UK (100 business related). My employer had stated each of the business trips in the employer letter and that did the trick for me. As long as no single absence is over 90 days (I was asked this question in specific), I believe you should be okay (and thats from my experience).