ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not Employed-No naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

champpan
Newly Registered

Not Employed-No naturalization

Post by champpan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 am

Dear All,

I finished my job ( contract over/resigned) last week and, I am now due to apply for my Naturalization (based on 5+1) by 25th of June, trying to find a new job, so for no signs that i might get one by 25th,

At this situation could any one tell me, would i be able to apply for Naturalization, as it clearly asks in the AN form under section-3 about employers details, so what should i do now? can i fill it as 'unemployed' and give my old tax reference no (from my previous employer).?

Or Can i apply at all with my current situation or should i wait until i get a job and than apply?

Your advises would be highly appreciated

Thanking you all in advance

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:07 am

Hi
You don't have to be in employment to qualify for bc.
You can apply even though you are currently unemployed.
Just make sure you mention Unemployed under occupation and put in your previous tax office ref nun where it asks you for one.

Best wishes

champpan
Newly Registered

Post by champpan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Thank you 1664 for your quick reply with positive note.

Could any one support this statement given by 1664, preferably who had gone through or Gurus, as it costs (fee) quiet lot of money ,which is a big concern for me as i am jobless and not want to end up in debts.

Otherwise i honor 1664 s advise.

Thank you

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Plenty of people who apply for naturalisation are not employed, and plenty of these have never been employed in the UK (the old-style "housewife" or "home duties" being one obvious example).

Apply through the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) run by your local council, or by another convenient council (you don't have to use your own council's service — see here for list of locations), and you don't need to worry about applying if you are not eligible, since they check the application for you before taking your money and sending it off. (You also get to keep your passport and other documents, since the NCS photocopies them.) But not being in employment is not a bar to naturalisation at all.

champpan
Newly Registered

Post by champpan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Thank You Christophe. I am completely satisfied with your answer,i will defiantly use the NCS services. I will update once i have done the process .