ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (3 Years WP/2 Years Tier 1) Success Today @ Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

icthegame
Newly Registered

ILR (3 Years WP/2 Years Tier 1) Success Today @ Croydon

Post by icthegame » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Document Checklist:
  • Completed Latest Set(O) Application Form (Version 05/2011)
    Previous Tier 1 Points Letter
    Latest 12 Month Pay Slips (I'm in Permanent Employment)
    Latest 12 Month Bank Statements (Reflecting NetPay)
    P60's since beginning (Changed employment in between, so P45 as well ) <- They are required to prove your employment when you are on work permit (Refer Section 10L in form)
    Life in the UK test
    Passports
No questions asked, pretty straight forward case.

Timeline:
  • 7:15 - Reached Croydon HomeOffice (PEO)
    7:30 - Security Opened Doors and usual security checks were carried out (Trimmed version of Airport style)
    7:50 - Provided token number after Basic check on forms and some obvious questions asked to make sure you are carrying necessary documentation
    8:00 - Payment if you haven't already paid online
    8:50 - Submitted documents to immigration officer. She validated most of the documents in front of me and then said will call me if she needs any more information.
    9:50 - Called me and said No problems with application (was surprised she din't say ILR has been granted but I took No Problems as yes it's been granted :P) and returned all my originals except latest passport. Asked me to collect passport after an hour from customer service desk. (I did not take any photocopies, so she had to photocopy required documents ... may be 15 mins delay because of this)
    10:40 - Customer service desk called my token number and handed over passport.
Lessons learned if anyone interested
  • Don't book 8:00 AM appointment, Actual work starts around 9AM. I had to wait from 8:00AM to 8:50AM because there were no caseworkers to accept case
I'll be happy to respond if you have any queries regarding my application.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Congrats on the ILR, straight forward cases do bring a smile to the caseworker as there is not much to work around and verify so its always a welcome sight for them

I had a few quick questions
1. Did they ask for payslips, P60s and bank statements as income proof? I plan to only submit P60s, HMRC letter and bank statements but heard of cases where officers force for paylsips and I dont have any hard copies
2. Did you have any issues with absences?
3. You said 'passports' so was there a dependant with you? If yes, what cohabitation did they ask for, if any?

Our appointment is tomorrow morning. Although straightforward, I have 195 days in absences but ample proof it was on annual leave and business trips plus additional council letters, tenancy agreements to show I was ordinarily based in the UK while absent. Lets see how it unfolds :-)

Thanks
KP

icthegame
Newly Registered

Post by icthegame » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Congrats on the ILR, straight forward cases do bring a smile to the caseworker as there is not much to work around and verify so its always a welcome sight for them
Thank you.
kenfrapin wrote:1. Did they ask for payslips, P60s and bank statements as income proof? I plan to only submit P60s, HMRC letter and bank statements but heard of cases where officers force for paylsips and I dont have any hard copies
They did ask me verbally if I've payslips when issuing token number and Case worker also asked for Payslips. By default they ask for payslips, they did not bother to look which boxes I ticked in application for evidences (At least in my case). In my case I had them but I'm not sure if it's a must because in application it says two different sources and I believe you have three sources. If you are going to Croydon, most likely they will do all verification in front of you and you can explain them. (I thought they will take documentation, pass it to expert team who will be inside somewhere ... silly me)
kenfrapin wrote:2. Did you have any issues with absences?
No.
kenfrapin wrote:3. You said 'passports' so was there a dependant with you? If yes, what cohabitation did they ask for, if any?
Sorry, I should have mentioned Single Applicant at the beginning of post. By passports I meant my old damaged passport & current passport.
kenfrapin wrote:Our appointment is tomorrow morning. Although straightforward, I have 195 days in absences but ample proof it was on annual leave and business trips plus additional council letters, tenancy agreements to show I was ordinarily based in the UK while absent. Lets see how it unfolds :-)
I wish you all the best

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:27 pm

Great, thanks for the reply......I have crossed every limb in my body for tomorrow though I am optimistic it will be quite plain sailing with the prep work I have done

KP

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Congratulations!

Is it correct that the caseworker did not ask for and that you did not provide a letter from your present employer mentioning that you are required for your job in the near future?

All the posts that I have come across, the applicants have either provided such a letter or in some cases the caseworker has asked for such a letter from Tier 1 applicants (even though this only applies to Tier 2 applicants as per the application form).

icthegame
Newly Registered

Post by icthegame » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:10 pm

abhayk wrote:Congratulations!

Is it correct that the caseworker did not ask for and that you did not provide a letter from your present employer mentioning that you are required for your job in the near future?

All the posts that I have come across, the applicants have either provided such a letter or in some cases the caseworker has asked for such a letter from Tier 1 applicants (even though this only applies to Tier 2 applicants as per the application form).
Caseworker did ask if I've any letter from current employer. I told her, I've attached latest payslips and it's not a Work Permit case. She is like no worries.

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:30 pm

@icthegame "

congratulations- you said you are on tier 1 visa. do you work as a limited company director?

i am working as a director of limited company- wondering whether i need to prepare any of such letter on company headed paper?

@abhayk-

i think the applicants who are on tier 1 visa and working as a "salaried employment" - requires a letter. but not sure. can anybody advise?

thanks
sunny

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 pm

@abhayk-

i think the applicants who are on tier 1 visa and working as a "salaried employment" - requires a letter. but not sure. can anybody advise?
As I mentioned, there is no mention of this for 'salaried employees' on Tier 1. And as mentioned by icthegame's response to my query, the caseworker did ask for it, but did not insist on the letter. It is good to learn that the caseworker was fine with just the payslips and the bank statements.

icthegame
Newly Registered

Post by icthegame » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:23 am

sun_ksh wrote:@icthegame "

congratulations- you said you are on tier 1 visa. do you work as a limited company director?

i am working as a director of limited company- wondering whether i need to prepare any of such letter on company headed paper?
Thank you!

I work for MNC.
If you are a director of limited company, it's safe to take letter.