ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

irfan786
Newly Registered

Post by irfan786 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:55 am

sheryar Ahmed wrote:Salam Irfan,

If you have ILR already and your son was born in UK you will need to regieter him as a british citizen by using MN1 form.

You will need the following documents with this application

1- Your son Full Birth certificate
2- Your passport (with ILR stamp on it)
3- Your marriage certificate (Only if your son is born before 1st July 2006)

If your son is born after 1 july 2006 then u dont have to give your marraige certificate.

Cost of MN1 Form in £540.

So as long as one of the parent either mother or father have ILR and child is born in UK you can always get british citizensip for your child.

If your son is born after you got ILR, then he is british by birth , he dosent need any registeration, you can simply apply for his passport by getting a passport form post office and attach the required documents.

I hope it clarifies your question.

This is the link for MN1 Form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf

Good luck.. Any more questions ask me!
salaamaliekum, thanku very much for the reply i already registered my son as british citizen.how i can apply for passport for him?

sheryar Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by sheryar Ahmed » Mon May 16, 2011 9:17 am

Walikum salam Irfan

If you have already recieved Registeration certficate for your child then go to your loacl post office and ask them that you need british passport application. Fill that application form properly, i think u will neeed to attach registeration certificate with it...just check it properly. You have to pay fees of £49. i think u need refrence again from a british citizen.

Your child passport will come in 3 weeks time. If you want passport earlier then this then you have to pay £77 and it will come in 1 week time.

Any more questions ask me

Sheryar

irfan786
Newly Registered

Post by irfan786 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:50 pm

sheryar Ahmed wrote:Walikum salam Irfan

If you have already recieved Registeration certficate for your child then go to your loacl post office and ask them that you need british passport application. Fill that application form properly, i think u will neeed to attach registeration certificate with it...just check it properly. You have to pay fees of £49. i think u need refrence again from a british citizen.

Your child passport will come in 3 weeks time. If you want passport earlier then this then you have to pay £77 and it will come in 1 week time.

Sheryar
SALAAMALIEKUM, JazakAllah Khayr THANKU V MUCH FOR THE REPLY.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue May 17, 2011 3:08 pm

sheryar Ahmed wrote:FINALLY!

I posted my son application for brtitish citizenship on MN1 form under section 1(3)

Type: Postal
Date Posted : 05/04/2011
Date recieved by HO: 06/04/2011
Date Payment deducted on Credit card: 15/04/2011
Acknowledgement Letter Rec'd: 21/04/2011 ( dated 15/04/2011)
Date of approval: 12 May 2011- (Rec'd on 14/05/2011)

A Letter was attached from ND stating that my son's application has been sucessful and a registeration certificate of british citizenship has been posted seprately.

Documents attached
1-Son Birth certificate
2-Son Passport
3-Father passport with ILR

My son was born in the UK before i recieved ILR on long residency basis. So Section 1(3) of British Nationality Act 1981 applies.

IT basically took ND exact 5 weeks to process this application.

Good luck to everyone else

Next stop is my son's british passport!!!

Did u use NCS service. Do you know the approximate timelines it is taking to get the MN1 approval. Please let me know timelines if you are applying directly or via NCS

thnx

sheryar Ahmed
Newly Registered

To KCK9

Post by sheryar Ahmed » Tue May 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi KCK9

I did not use NCS service, as they were giving me a long time for NCS appointment , so i choose to sent my orignal passport and birth certificate of my son. I did send a prepaidd guarnteed next dat delivery envelope just to make sure that my passports dont get lost by thier 2nd class post.

My application was recieved by Nationality Directorate on 6/4/2011 and i recieved approval on 15/05/2011 and letter was dated 12/05/2011. So about 5 weeks processing time.
MN1 applications are simple as kids are born in the UK and its easy to do verifications for ND.

Hope it helps the question

kck9
BANNED

Re: To KCK9

Post by kck9 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 am

sheryar Ahmed wrote:Hi KCK9

I did not use NCS service, as they were giving me a long time for NCS appointment , so i choose to sent my orignal passport and birth certificate of my son. I did send a prepaidd guarnteed next dat delivery envelope just to make sure that my passports dont get lost by thier 2nd class post.

My application was recieved by Nationality Directorate on 6/4/2011 and i recieved approval on 15/05/2011 and letter was dated 12/05/2011. So about 5 weeks processing time.
MN1 applications are simple as kids are born in the UK and its easy to do verifications for ND.

Dear Sheryar,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, your response does help me. My situation is I will be eligible for ILR in October 2011 and my baby born here in March 2011. My plan is to apply for ILR for both myself and my wife in October and then register baby as British Citizen using MN1 form asap. Then I have to apply for British passport for the baby.

But the problem is I definitely need to visit India with the baby by end of November and I am looking for the options. I want to plan everything and make everything ready by October.

So registering baby with MN1 for directly took 5 weeks for you, probably using NCS service takes less than 4 weeks if I plan well in advance. I think British passport takes 1 week to 15 days if I am making a fast processing application. Is that right?? Hope you agree with me.

Thnx

sheryar Ahmed
Newly Registered

Hi KCK9

Post by sheryar Ahmed » Thu May 19, 2011 2:07 pm

HI Kck9

Yes thats what you should do, just to get ILR for urself and your wife and apply for child british citizenship on MN1. Normally its a very quick process it took 5 weeks for me due to so many applications were lodged just before fees changed on 06/04/2011..I personally think when you will apply for your kid, it may take even less then that.

You should use NCS as it will help you to retain your orignal documents specially passprot. But i promise u, NCS does not make your case faster, its up to ND when they process, procedure is same. NCS is just a fees generating business for local councils which helps us as well.

So yeah..i agree with u what u said.

Good luck with your application and rest of the process.

kck9
BANNED

Re: Hi KCK9

Post by kck9 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:20 am

sheryar Ahmed wrote:HI Kck9

Yes thats what you should do, just to get ILR for urself and your wife and apply for child british citizenship on MN1. Normally its a very quick process it took 5 weeks for me due to so many applications were lodged just before fees changed on 06/04/2011..I personally think when you will apply for your kid, it may take even less then that.

You should use NCS as it will help you to retain your orignal documents specially passprot. But i promise u, NCS does not make your case faster, its up to ND when they process, procedure is same. NCS is just a fees generating business for local councils which helps us as well.

So yeah..i agree with u what u said.

Good luck with your application and rest of the process.
So how much does NCS charge???

Also another thing is after getting British passport for the baby, I have to get the Indian visa or PIO card for the baby, which is another problem. It might take some more time :oops:

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Re: Hi KCK9

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 20, 2011 1:38 pm

kck9 wrote: So how much does NCS charge???
Depends on the local council and varies. better look here for the one nearest to you or one you wish to go and where you can get appointment suitable to you and then look for the charges. Every NCS service center listed here has a reference to the local council website and then once on the website just search for NCS.

hope this helps.[/url]

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

high_aimer wrote:Finally the payment has left my account yesterday, but no acknowledgement letter yet.

Tried calling them and an automated voice advised me that they have a backlog of application due to a lot of people applying just before the fee rise on 6th of April.

@helpneeded2011. I didn't include my sons in my ILR application and have applied for their Citizenship directly under section 1(3).
hello high_aimer
have you got the approval letter yet? if yes when? please let us know. thanks

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi KCK9 ,

i am in the same boat due to apply for ILR in Nov first week and thinking to apply for my sons MN1 form. Do you know what's the process and timeline to cancel indian passport for kids and getting inidas visa.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.,
kck9 wrote:

Dear Sheryar,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, your response does help me. My situation is I will be eligible for ILR in October 2011 and my baby born here in March 2011. My plan is to apply for ILR for both myself and my wife in October and then register baby as British Citizen using MN1 form asap. Then I have to apply for British passport for the baby.

But the problem is I definitely need to visit India with the baby by end of November and I am looking for the options. I want to plan everything and make everything ready by October.

So registering baby with MN1 for directly took 5 weeks for you, probably using NCS service takes less than 4 weeks if I plan well in advance. I think British passport takes 1 week to 15 days if I am making a fast processing application. Is that right?? Hope you agree with me.

Thnx

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Tue May 24, 2011 2:08 pm

sheryar Ahmed wrote:Walikum salam Irfan

Sheryar
Hi Sheryar ahmed,

On the appllication form under 1.3 its says " when did minor got the ilr, but if i am not including his application in my ilr thne his passport wont have ilr stamped. so what date should i put.

thnks.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 am

sun_ilr wrote:Hi KCK9 ,

i am in the same boat due to apply for ILR in Nov first week and thinking to apply for my sons MN1 form. Do you know what's the process and timeline to cancel indian passport for kids and getting inidas visa.

Thanks.,
Hi sun_ilr

I am in the process of finding the timescales for Indian Visa/PIO card. I just started with one step.

1.apply for ILR for you and your partner - direct appointment - same day
2. register your son on MN1 form through NCS (better as it is easy for you want to travel as you wont be sending original passports) - approx 5 weeks
3. apply for British passport fast track application - approx week
4. Next steps are apply for Indian visa / PIO card - I am not sure about timelines. I know PIO card generally takes around 3 months, but I am not sure about Indian visa. It should not take more than a week or 10days.

Keep me in the loop if you are come across any other issues as I am also in the same route
thnx

sheryar Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by sheryar Ahmed » Wed May 25, 2011 9:15 am

Hi KCK9

You dont need to put any date in the section where it says date child got ILR as you are applying for his citizenship under Section 1(3) of British Citizenship Act 1981. and this is where he dervies the citizenship from you as you got ILR on your passport. So in parent detail section just out your ILR date and if your wife has got ILR put her date too..otherwise leave her section of ILR as well.

I had exactly same application like you, my son is now british citizen.
Applied for his passport and waitting for it.

Hope it helps

Regards

ilrdilemma
Newly Registered

Post by ilrdilemma » Fri May 27, 2011 4:23 pm

You dont need to put any date in the section where it says date child got ILR as you are applying for his citizenship under Section 1(3) of British Citizenship Act 1981. and this is where he dervies the citizenship from you as you got ILR on your passport. So in parent detail section just out your ILR date and if your wife has got ILR put her date too..otherwise leave her section of ILR as well.

I had exactly same application like you, my son is now british citizen.
Applied for his passport and waitting for it.

Hope it helps

Regards
Hi Sheryar, Congrats for your son's registration. I am exactly in the same position as yours and about to apply for his MN1. He was my tier 1 dependent before. Now i have my ILR and i did not apply for his ILR as i had plans to take him to the registration process directly. Would this be a problem since his Tier 1 dependent visa is no more valid (atleast in theory) since i changed my Tier 1 to ILR. Please let me know. Was your son also your dependent before you had your ILR.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 27, 2011 10:05 pm

ilrdilemma wrote:
He was my tier 1 dependent before. Now i have my ILR and i did not apply for his ILR as i had plans to take him to the registration process directly. Would this be a problem since his Tier 1 dependent visa is no more valid (atleast in theory) since i changed my Tier 1 to ILR. Please let me know. Was your son also your dependent before you had your ILR.
See this thread. child immigration status is not relevant once parents get ILR

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 am

kck9 wrote:
sun_ilr wrote:Hi KCK9 ,

Thanks.,
Hi sun_ilr

I am in the process of finding the timescales for Indian Visa/PIO card. I just started with one step.

1.apply for ILR for you and your partner - direct appointment - same day
2. register your son on MN1 form through NCS (better as it is easy for you want to travel as you wont be sending original passports) - approx 5 weeks
3. apply for British passport fast track application - approx week
4. Next steps are apply for Indian visa / PIO card - I am not sure about timelines. I know PIO card generally takes around 3 months, but I am not sure about Indian visa. It should not take more than a week or 10days.

Keep me in the loop if you are come across any other issues as I am also in the same route
thnx
Hi KCK9

Thanks a lot for your reply. Bless you.

masti11
Newly Registered

Post by masti11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm

If you have ILR already and your son was born in UK you will need to regieter him as a british citizen by using MN1 form.

You will need the following documents with this application

1- Your son Full Birth certificate
2- Your passport (with ILR stamp on it)3- Your marriage certificate (Only if your son is born before 1st July 2006)

If your son is born after 1 july 2006 then u dont have to give your marraige certificate.

Cost of MN1 Form in £540.

So as long as one of the parent either mother or father have ILR and child is born in UK you can always get british citizensip for your child.

If your son is born after you got ILR, then he is british by birth , he dosent need any registeration, you can simply apply for his passport by getting a passport form post office and attach the required documents.

I hope it clarifies your question.

This is the link for MN1 Form
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rm_mn1.pdf

Good luck.. Any more questions ask me!

Friends, Need a quick advice, as per many conversations in this thread(some attached above), its always been said that the Parent(s) Passport should be sent to UKBA for an MN1 application.

However looking at the UKBA website and guidance, it seems that it is not applicable to all application types
Home office website gives the impression that if a child is born in the UK and applying for Naturalisation under MN1 - Section 1(3), the parent(s) DOES NOT need to send their passport(s).

Pls follow the link for the information im referring to:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... documents/

Kindly someone pls advice if the parents need to send their passport with the application for a uk born child applying under MN1 - Section 1(3)??

kunald

Post by kunald » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:22 pm

masti11 wrote: Kindly someone pls advice if the parents need to send their passport with the application for a uk born child applying under MN1 - Section 1(3)??
You missed the key point on the web page:
The documents you need to supply to us will depend on the basis of the application. You should make sure you read all the sections that relate to you and provide all the documents we need.
For applications under section 1(3), how would UKBA know that parent(s) already have ILR?

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 am

kunald wrote:................ how would UKBA know that parent(s) already have ILR?
they ask for home office ref number....

skr27

timeline

Post by skr27 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:08 am

NCS/Postal: NCS-Oxford
Date of Application:26/05/2011
Date received by Home Office:27/05/2011
Payment Processed on: 06/06/2011
Acknowledgement Received: 09/06/2011
Documents and Letter of Application success received: PENDING
Registration Certificate received:PENDING

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

NCS/Postal: NCS-Banbury
Date of Application:08/06/2011
Date received by Home Office:09/06/2011
Form Scanned: Pending (Form not uploaded in the system yet,had called HO)
Payment Processed on: PENDING
Acknowledgement Received: PENDING
Documents and Letter of Application success received: PENDING
Registration Certificate received:PENDING

ub4u
Newly Registered

MN1 success

Post by ub4u » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 am

NCS/Postal: NCS-Newbury
Date of Application:04/05/2011
Date received by Home Office:05/05/2011
Payment Processed on: 16/05/2011
Acknowledgement Received: 02/06/2011 (dated 25/05/2011)
Registration Certificate received: 18/06/2011 (dated 16/06/2011)

skr27

MN1 application timeline

Post by skr27 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:31 pm

any new updates of successful children's registration recently? I am trying to judge what is the waiting time like for applications in May

kunald

Post by kunald » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

rajesh_kumar01 wrote:
kunald wrote:................ how would UKBA know that parent(s) already have ILR?
they ask for home office ref number....
That is "Appicant's" (Child's) home office reference number (if there is any). Not the parent's.