ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Timeline for naturalisation

Post by Cranberry » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am

Criteria - Long residence + ILR

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission or posting: 14th April 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 15 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07 May 2011 dated 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of passport application: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

Still waiting :(

jake749
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline for naturalisation

Post by jake749 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 am

Cranberry wrote:Criteria - Long residence + ILR

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission or posting: 14th April 2011
Date of UKBA receipt: 15 April 2011
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07 May 2011 dated 03 May 2011
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Date of passport application: TBC
Method used: TBC
Date of Receipt: TBC

Still waiting :(

We've got almost the same timelines, I received my approval last thursday (approval date 13/06/11) you'll receive your decision very soon now...Good Luck!

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 am

rnr79 wrote:
jake749 wrote:Hi guys, been reading post in this forum... here's my timeline.

Criteria : 5 years work permit + 1 Year ILR
Type : Postal
Date of submission : 14/04/2011
Date application received by UKBA :: 15/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card : 05/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 05/05/2011 dated 03/05/11
Date of receipt of approval :
Date of ceremony :
Date of application for passport :
Date of interview letter :
Date of receipt of documents :
Date of interview :
Date of receipt of passport :

It's been nearly 6 six weeks (with reference to the acknowledgement receipt date) and haven't heard anything from UKBA, what's the average waiting time for the decision? many thanks...
mate i think you may hear something very soon as i think applications made in april may be less compared to feb and march
You were right mate, I received my approval last thursday, it was dated 13/06/11... Many Thanks.

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline for naturalisation

Post by Cranberry » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 am

jake749 wrote:We've got almost the same timelines, I received my approval last thursday (approval date 13/06/11) you'll receive your decision very soon now...Good Luck!
Congratulations Jake :). I hope I hear something soon.

QE2Guy01
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application Timeline

Post by QE2Guy01 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:00 am

Criteria: UK Ancestry/ILR + 5 Years (Single)
06 April: NCS Hackney
12 April: Recieved by Home Office
15 April: Home Office attempts to take payment, but it is declined because the bank thought it might be a "fraudulent transaction" and the bank did not contact me and advise me of this so it was another 3 weeks before I even found out about it.
06 May: payment recieved by Home Office, acknowledgement letter sent.
15 June: Decision made, letter sent.
18 June: Recieved approval letter!!

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the support and encouragement I felt reading all of your posts and updates, it was a great help and comfort to me during the anxiety of the waiting period. :wink:

P.S: My approval letter from the Home Office arrived in a white envelope as opposed to the brown as was the case with the letter of acknowledgement.
Last edited by QE2Guy01 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:05 am

congrates thos who got their approval on the weekend and hope their weekened would be nice.......enjoy 8) 8)
NAZIA XX

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am

Many congrats to those who got their approvals this week and it's good to see applicants from April and even May getting approval. My payment was taken on the 9th of May after application reaching on the 3rd of May, so hopefully will be getting the brownie in the post with good news soon!
Miraiza

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

Nazia88 wrote:congrates thos who got their approval on the weekend and hope their weekened would be nice.......enjoy 8) 8)
Nazia, has your payment been sorted out now?
Miraiza

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Miraiza wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:congrates thos who got their approval on the weekend and hope their weekened would be nice.......enjoy 8) 8)
they request me for another payment slip which they have recived but they will take during next week (finger cross) lets see wht wil happend once payment will sort out i will wait .......no bother lol
NAZIA XX

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Miraiza wrote:
they request me for another payment slip which they have recived but they will take during next week (finger cross) lets see wht wil happend once payment will sort out i will wait .......no bother lol
I see. At least you can take some comfort from QE2Guy's case, it didn't really affect his timeframe!
Miraiza

QE2Guy01
Newly Registered

Post by QE2Guy01 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 pm

With regard to the payment issue, you may ring the Home Office paymaster department direct on: 0151 213 1694 quote your Home Office reference number from your letter of acknowledgement and the friendly staff there will take your credit or debit card details and process the payment for your application directly over the phone, just be sure to call your bank in advance and advise them that the £836 is in fact a legitimate payment authorised by yourself because with all of the fraud going on they are likely to decline it unless they recieve confirmation from you in advance as was the case with myself. :wink:

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:32 pm

QE2Guy01 wrote:With regard to the payment issue, you may ring the Home Office paymaster department direct on: 0151 213 1694 quote your Home Office reference number from your letter of acknowledgement and the friendly staff there will take your credit or debit card details and process the payment for your application directly over the phone, just be sure to call your bank in advance and advise them that the £836 is in fact a legitimate payment authorised by yourself because with all of the fraud going on they are likely to decline it unless they recieve confirmation from you in advance as was the case with myself. :wink:
i am very very thankfull to you this is very usefull information you gave me yes i will give them a call and ask give my detail if they dont take my money untill monday thanks QE2Guy01
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:33 pm

QE2Guy01 wrote:With regard to the payment issue, you may ring the Home Office paymaster department direct on: 0151 213 1694 quote your Home Office reference number from your letter of acknowledgement and the friendly staff there will take your credit or debit card details and process the payment for your application directly over the phone, just be sure to call your bank in advance and advise them that the £836 is in fact a legitimate payment authorised by yourself because with all of the fraud going on they are likely to decline it unless they recieve confirmation from you in advance as was the case with myself. :wink:
did you payment processed over the phone straightaway and what did you said to your bank regarding the payment thnx

regards
nazia x
NAZIA XX

QE2Guy01
Newly Registered

Post by QE2Guy01 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Hello Nazia, I am so sorry that you are having similar difficulties to those that I had, the payment was processed via debit card over the phone with the Home Office paymaster operator and went through immediately, it was either this or waste more time with sending off a cheque or another form re confirming the debit card details, I called my bank and spoke with a customer service representitive and advised them that a request for payment of fees from the UK Nationality Directorate would be forthcoming and had the operator leave a note on the system that this payment was legitimate and had been authorised by myself :wink:

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:51 pm

1664 wrote:osteophytes - I applied on the 10th june too..NCS Lewisham.
Has your payment left your a/c yet?
Mine hasn't.
Not yet. I will wait another week or two before calling them

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 pm

QE2Guy01 wrote:Hello Nazia, I am so sorry that you are having similar difficulties to those that I had, the payment was processed via debit card over the phone with the Home Office paymaster operator and went through immediately, it was either this or waste more time with sending off a cheque or another form re confirming the debit card details, I called my bank and spoke with a customer service representitive and advised them that a request for payment of fees from the UK Nationality Directorate would be forthcoming and had the operator leave a note on the system that this payment was legitimate and had been authorised by myself :wink:
OK but i sent my new payment slip already which they have recived but payment process not start yet so what you suggest me should i wait untill the payment process or should i call them on monday to assist them about the straight away payment process. do they send any letter once payment processe sucessfully or just a one ack letter which i already received.
NAZIA XX

QE2Guy01
Newly Registered

Post by QE2Guy01 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:07 pm

You could call them on Monday morning and tell them you would like to pay your fee over the phone straight away using your debit or credit card, I had sent off another form I had recieved requesting payment via debit or credit card which was never recieved, I also sent off a cheque for the fee which was not recieved by the Home Office paymaster until 2 weeks ago :wink:

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
QE2Guy01 wrote:Hello Nazia, I am so sorry that you are having similar difficulties to those that I had, the payment was processed via debit card over the phone with the Home Office paymaster operator and went through immediately, it was either this or waste more time with sending off a cheque or another form re confirming the debit card details, I called my bank and spoke with a customer service representitive and advised them that a request for payment of fees from the UK Nationality Directorate would be forthcoming and had the operator leave a note on the system that this payment was legitimate and had been authorised by myself :wink:
OK but i sent my new payment slip already which they have recived but payment process not start yet so what you suggest me should i wait untill the payment process or should i call them on monday to assist them about the straight away payment process. do they send any letter once payment processe sucessfully or just a one ack letter which i already received.
Nazia, I would suggest you call them on monday to confirm if the payment is been processed and if not, tell them you will like to make the payment on the phone with your debit card.

You have to be careful though not to make double payment!!!
Miraiza

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Miraiza wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Nazia, I would suggest you call them on monday to confirm if the payment is been processed and if not, tell them you will like to make the payment on the phone with your debit card.

You have to be careful though not to make double payment!!!
thanks for advice i am aware of this on monday i will check first my online banking if they payment still there then i will them on monday to give the payment detail on the phone and once its succesufull then they wont be able to process double payment coz there would be nothing left in my account to cover 836 so if they even trying to attempt the 2nd payment it would be declined automaticaly.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:30 pm

QE2Guy01 wrote:You could call them on Monday morning and tell them you would like to pay your fee over the phone straight away using your debit or credit card, I had sent off another form I had recieved requesting payment via debit or credit card which was never recieved, I also sent off a cheque for the fee which was not recieved by the Home Office paymaster until 2 weeks ago :wink:
so it means i should go ahaed and call them monday moring and shold process the payment even i had sent off payment slip, is that right.
NAZIA XX

lasam

Post by lasam » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm

i noticed that some questions get so many answers may be similar answers few times and even then same question is posted again but on the other hand there are some questions they dont get any answer

i know that the members thanks to them are trying to help each other but i wish if they could give some advice on the other questions posted if its possible

sorry to say that but its just some thing i have noticed as i said and sorry for any inconvenience

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:50 pm

lasam wrote:i noticed that some questions get so many answers may be similar answers few times and even then same question is posted again but on the other hand there are some questions they dont get any answer

i know that the members thanks to them are trying to help each other but i wish if they could give some advice on the other questions posted if its possible

sorry to say that but its just some thing i have noticed as i said and sorry for any inconvenience
I agree with you but at the same time I would rather no one answers or advice on a question than giving the wrong advice. I can guarantee you Most of the questions not answered are probably un-usual cases/question and honestly, no one has an answer to it!

Good job everyone!
Miraiza

shimlee143
Newly Registered

Post by shimlee143 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:36 pm

i have applied on 09/04/2011, recived the acknowledgement letter on 21/04/2011, still waiting for the approval, any body know how long is it gona be ?

River1river
Newly Registered

Post by River1river » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Finally it's almost over

Criteria - Crown Service
NCS- Nottingham - 28/03/2011
Appl  received.      - 01/04/2011
Money off account- 13/04/2011
Acknowledgement dated 12/04/11 (Received it 16/04/2011)
Approval letter rec   - 18/06/2011 (dated 08/06/2011)
Ceremony              - ?????????
Passport appl.       -
Passport interview -
Passport delivered -

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:01 pm

River1river wrote:Finally it's almost over

Criteria - Crown Service
NCS- Nottingham - 28/03/2011
Appl  received.      - 01/04/2011
Money off account- 13/04/2011
Acknowledgement dated 12/04/11 (Received it 16/04/2011)
Approval letter rec   - 18/06/2011 (dated 08/06/2011)
Ceremony              - ?????????
Passport appl.       -
Passport interview -
Passport delivered -
Congrats River1River. please let us know how your Passport application goes.
Miraiza