ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Solicitor certify the copy of passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sfjeelani

Can Solicitor certify the copy of passport?

Post by sfjeelani » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 am

Hi

Can solicitor certify the copies of passport submitted to UKBA while making Naturalization Application?

This looks quite an easy option to avoid waiting times for NCS Appointments, doesn't it?

Thanks

allta

Re: Can Solicitor certify the copy of passport?

Post by allta » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:12 am

sfjeelani wrote:Hi

Can solicitor certify the copies of passport submitted to UKBA while making Naturalization Application?

This looks quite an easy option to avoid waiting times for NCS Appointments, doesn't it?

Thanks
absolutely
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:33 am

Make sure you photocopy every single page of the passport as the UKBA would look for entry stamps.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:17 am

I looked into that option before applying through NCS.
They can certify your documents,however, the fees they charge is really high! Certification+ their normal solicitor fees... the cheapest I got was
£50 for certification + £400 to go through them as in they representing me for the application. They just don't do certification... this is from my experience.

Best Wishes

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Many thanks for your valuable input. Much appreciated.