ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

multiple entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ChIrl

multiple entry visa

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi

how is the queue for multiple entry visa these days? What time we should go for multiple entry visa for spouse of Irish citizen?

also, what are the documents required?

Regards

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Information in relation to re-entry visas:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000158

you can submit the documents by registered post and have the passports returned to you i think within a week. No queueing or tickets involved then.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes, I am aware of that. But, due to emergency situation, we like to visit personally.
agniukas wrote:Information in relation to re-entry visas:

you can submit the documents by registered post and have the passports returned to you i think within a week. No queueing or tickets involved then.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 am

Can anyone comment please?
ChIrl wrote:Yes, I am aware of that. But, due to emergency situation, we like to visit personally.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:40 pm

ChIrl wrote:Can anyone comment please?
ChIrl wrote:Yes, I am aware of that. But, due to emergency situation, we like to visit personally.

I have no idea about the queues.

But only document you need is your GNIB card.

Also make sure you take a bank draft or postal order for 100 Euros.

If you go there pretty early (be there be 7-7:30), then you shouldn't have any problems getting it the same day.

Hope this helps.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks. Last year at the same time, there were big queues and was returned two times.

I guess there is no fee for spouse of Irish citizens.
Aceform wrote:

If you go there pretty early (be there be 7-7:30), then you shouldn't have any problems getting it the same day.

Hope this helps.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:36 pm

ChIrl wrote:Thanks. Last year at the same time, there were big queues and was returned two times.

Aceform wrote:

Hope this helps.
Yes correct, there is no fees for spouse of Irish citizen. Sorry missed that before.

Then you just need to take your GNIB and your spouse's Irish passport

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks Aceform. One final question. my wife's multiple entry visa expired in last march. but, her Garda carda is valid until 2014. Will they create any issues? Also, having another country family permit will cause any issues?
Aceform wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Thanks. Last year at the same time, there were big queues and was returned two times.

Aceform wrote:

Hope this helps.
Yes correct, there is no fees for spouse of Irish citizen. Sorry missed that before.

Then you just need to take your GNIB and your spouse's Irish passport

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 pm

ChIrl wrote:Thanks Aceform. One final question. my wife's multiple entry visa expired in last march. but, her Garda carda is valid until 2014. Will they create any issues? Also, having another country family permit will cause any issues?
No ChIrl, not at all. Visa is just for traveling purposes. Don't worry about that. They don't even see what visas she has. Just her GNIB card and your passport.

Good luck mate

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks. Someone in the forum mentioned that he didn't get visa initially by having Canada visa/police clearance certificate from the embassy.
Aceform wrote:
ChIrl wrote:Thanks Aceform. One final question. my wife's multiple entry visa expired in last march. but, her Garda carda is valid until 2014. Will they create any issues? Also, having another country family permit will cause any issues?
No ChIrl, not at all. Visa is just for traveling purposes. Don't worry about that. They don't even see what visas she has. Just her GNIB card and your passport.

Good luck mate