ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 am

congrats 9j on becoming a sage ;-)

Lost Soul

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:23 am

Hello
I applied in January 2009 after living in Ireland on a Student Stamp for five years. My application followed my father's naturalisation in December 2008 giving me Irish Associations.
I received my yellow form and took my oath in June 2011. No further information was requested at any stage.
Good stuff!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

Lost Soul....Found Soul, many congratulations.

The government policy on Naturalisation is a good one. Considering all irish people leaving the country, and the posibility of making 10 millions bucks quickly and also that these peoples are still working and contributing.

You have to be stupid to not grant citizenship to people that have been here long and working and paying taxes. And above all you make a lot of cash.

Nanette (an bho dhearg)

Lost Soul wrote:Hello
I applied in January 2009 after living in Ireland on a Student Stamp for five years. My application followed my father's naturalisation in December 2008 giving me Irish Associations.
I received my yellow form and took my oath in June 2011. No further information was requested at any stage.
Good stuff!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:36 am

Aceform wrote:congrats 9j on becoming a sage ;-)
?? :roll: :lol: I don't know about that. My idea of a sage is that of an old man with alot of grey hair and all. Looking at the mirror this morning, the image I saw was still a long way fro that. I am still a young fit 18 yrs old :wink: (yeah right).

Thanks all the same. Hope you have nice day

9jeirean.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

Marisa,
that's what I am talking about...smile and yellow will follow.

Ulybka i zheltyi budet sledovat

Nanette - an bho dhearg

Marisa wrote:
nanette wrote:Yellow is the new trend and it is on its way. Yellow is coming for ya. Yellow is close now.
I'm laughing so loud :D
Thanks Nanette love it :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 am

9jeirean wrote:
?? :roll: :lol: I don't know about that. My idea of a sage is that of an old man with alot of grey hair and all. Looking at the mirror this morning, the image I saw was still a long way fro that. I am still a young fit 18 yrs old :wink: (yeah right).

9jeirean.
hahaha, good one, so you are just an year older than me ;-)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

9jeirean wrote:

9jeirean.
And you too have a nice day sir.

Reading your posts everyday, gives me a new confidence in myself. You are a gentleman

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

Just a question. Is it worth applying LTR now? I applied in May 2010 for Naturalization based on 5 years working visa. Few of my friends recently got their approvals who applied a bit before me. But they had LTR.

Do you think LTR is the big difference between granting some of the 2010 Guys who are getting yellow form?

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:10 pm

thanks Nanette you know for sure without your help ,support and advise I wouldn't get this letter (I beleive)
do you remember that letter you helped me in writting it and I think your words touched the Immigration officer heart.

As I'll get my CON and passport I'll do as you advised me regarding my wife's application. (may be we will need another letter from you :lol: )

I will not forget to send my GNIB for sure I read the approval letter may be 5 times yesterday.

Thanks 9J, for reminding me about the GNIB.

without you and Nanette and all the other ppl in this forum, I wouldn't know what would be my status right now
so thank you all
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Guys just updating you about me
I book for the oath and the earliest will be 13/07 at Carlow district court as I'm living in Carlow
I rang many courts around carlow and the earliest dates were shocking
Portlaios the earliest is 16/12/2011
Clonmel the earliest is 22/07
Wexford the earliest is 27/10
Kilkenny refused to take me as I'm living in Carlow
Waterford refused to take me as well
Most of the courts said they have very high pressure of applicants to take the oath nowadays

so I accepted the Carlow one which is 3 weeks from now
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

alpha_1 wrote:Just a question. Is it worth applying LTR now? I applied in May 2010 for Naturalization based on 5 years working visa. Few of my friends recently got their approvals who applied a bit before me. But they had LTR.

Do you think LTR is the big difference between granting some of the 2010 Guys who are getting yellow form?
Hi alpha_1,

It looks that way. Anyone whom I know who got their approvals in the last few days all had their LTR approved earlier this year. So no checks were carried out on their applications again, I guess.

If you had already applied for Naturalization without LTR, then don't worry about applying for LTR now. As it looks like the naturalization will be processed faster than LTR.

Just my suggestion.

Good luck with yours :-)

Cheers,
Ace

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

AShawna wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
Aceform wrote:Another friend of mine who applied in October 2010 (YES OCTOBER 2010) got his approval today.
That's great :D I was wondering when I will hear news about 2010 applications :D My dad applied for mine in April 2010 or something :) We're nearly there! BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)
Thot you were waiting on your mom's? I take it dad is naturalised. If he applied for you when you were a minor you should have gotten yours in 6 months or less. I applied for my child in Apr 2010 and I got the approval and even the passport by Oct 2010...
My dad had to reapply same time as me again in 2010, so baiscly we're waiting for my mom's since 2007 and now mine and my dad's since 2010.
Hopefully we'll get news soon :)

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Aceform wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:Just a question. Is it worth applying LTR now? I applied in May 2010 for Naturalization based on 5 years working visa. Few of my friends recently got their approvals who applied a bit before me. But they had LTR.

Hi alpha_1,

It looks that way. Anyone whom I know who got their approvals in the last few days all had their LTR approved earlier this year. So no checks were carried out on their applications again, I guess.

If you had already applied for Naturalization without LTR, then don't worry about applying for LTR now. As it looks like the naturalization will be processed faster than LTR.

Just my suggestion.

Good luck with yours :-)

Cheers,
Ace
Thanks Aceform for the advice. I will wait and see how long will they take? Will keep this forum updated once I get mine.

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 pm

After naturalisation, what are the documents we have to submit for applying for passport?

Current passport copy is sufficient or we have to send original passport?

Regards

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm

the minister says, that LTR and spouses of irish nationals applications will be prcessed quicker than th rest. i guess they can use the same reports for your naturalisation application, as they ar using for LTR. so far i hear that many people who got LTR are getting citizenship much quicker.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:11 pm

No worries Irish Pharoe.
By the mid August your passport will be in your hand.

And probably by November, your wife will have her yellow form too.

Yes, those letters...Lets write some more when you want...:)-

You should write a very poignant letter that when the officer starts reading, he/she must sit down to finish it.....That's the skill to master.

I am happy for you and keep re-re-re-reading that yellow form.

Nanette - an bho dhearg

IRISH PHAROE wrote:thanks Nanette you know for sure without your help ,support and advise I wouldn't get this letter (I beleive)
do you remember that letter you helped me in writting it and I think your words touched the Immigration officer heart.

As I'll get my CON and passport I'll do as you advised me regarding my wife's application. (may be we will need another letter from you :lol: )

I will not forget to send my GNIB for sure I read the approval letter may be 5 times yesterday.

Thanks 9J, for reminding me about the GNIB.

without you and Nanette and all the other ppl in this forum, I wouldn't know what would be my status right now
so thank you all

dublintogalway

Updates for citizenship approval

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 pm

hi guys,

I have posted yellow form back after oath today:-
applied for naturalization and LTR in april 2010
received acknowledgement in april 2010 for both.
approved LTR in march 2011.
Updated INIS with latest P60,P21 and GNIB Card after LTR approval in March 2011.
Received yellow form and citizenship approval on 21/06/2011.
Got appointment for oath on 22/06/2011.
Posted GNIB card, yellowform, two photos and 950 euro draft with registered post on 22/06/2011.
Waiting for naturalisation certificate now:)
Thanks guys for your help and support. This forum is amazing and very helpful. I will update here once I will get naturalisation certificate.
How much time does it take in naturalisation certificate? My spouse also applied in october 2010 for naturalisation but no approval yet..
Should I update INIS with my naturalisation ceritificate? Will it help in any way to expedite the processing time..:) I know train is already moving fast..
At last thanks to Alan Shatter..my vote would be for him in next election:)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 pm

agniukas wrote:

the minister says, that LTR and spouses of irish nationals applications will be prcessed quicker than th rest. i guess they can use the same reports for your naturalisation application, as they ar using for LTR. so far i hear that many people who got LTR are getting citizenship much quicker.
I agree with you agniukas, but since alpha applied for Naturalization about an year ago, further processing would have been started on his application. So don't think it'll make a difference if he applied for LTR.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Updates for citizenship approval

Post by Aceform » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

I have posted yellow form back after oath today:-
applied for naturalization and LTR in april 2010
received acknowledgement in april 2010 for both.
approved LTR in march 2011.
Updated INIS with latest P60,P21 and GNIB Card after LTR approval in March 2011.
Received yellow form and citizenship approval on 21/06/2011.
Got appointment for oath on 22/06/2011.
Posted GNIB card, yellowform, two photos and 950 euro draft with registered post on 22/06/2011.
Waiting for naturalisation certificate now:)
Thanks guys for your help and support. This forum is amazing and very helpful. I will update here once I will get naturalisation certificate.
How much time does it take in naturalisation certificate? My spouse also applied in october 2010 for naturalisation but no approval yet..
Should I update INIS with my naturalisation ceritificate? Will it help in any way to expedite the processing time..:) I know train is already moving fast..
At last thanks to Alan Shatter..my vote would be for him in next election:)
Congrats again mate.

Could you please tell, where did you take oath?

Cheers,
Ace

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

CoN

Post by Abdul-w-A » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

what is the story!!!!!!!! after 36 months wait for approval, a month for court oath, now I have been waiting for CoN for six weeks (sent yellow form ..etc) on May 11th !!!!

has anyone recieved CoN recently?

Regards

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Aceform wrote:
agniukas wrote:

I agree with you agniukas, but since alpha applied for Naturalization about an year ago, further processing would have been started on his application. So don't think it'll make a difference if he applied for LTR.
By reading your comments I guess since they are processing fast enough now so if I apply LTR at this stage, it might even slow the process for me. Because they will then start processing LTR first and then the Citizenship.

Is there anybody who got the yellow form recently and also applied in 2010 without LTR?

ChIrl

Re: CoN

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

My wife applied in Sept.2009 on the basis of spouse of Irish citizen received approval last week.

Lot of my friends applied in 2010 based on 5 years naturalisation have also received approvals last week. I think having long term residency helps.

Regards
Abdul-w-A wrote:Hi everyone,

what is the story!!!!!!!! after 36 months wait for approval, a month for court oath, now I have been waiting for CoN for six weeks (sent yellow form ..etc) on May 11th !!!!

has anyone recieved CoN recently?

Regards

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I would like to inform the forum members of Co. Mayo that on 15th July 2011 at 12.oo p.m. there would be a grand Oath Taking Ceremony at KILTIMAGH (Kilkenny Road) for all approved applicants from Co. Mayo. All Mayo Courts are cancelling all appointments before that date, even today one of our friend had his appointment at Ballina but they send him and many other people back saying that they have orders all the applicants should go to Kiltimagh on 15th July.

In my opinion they are going to do the same strategy in all Counties because of high volume of approval, so double check before you leave your house with high hopes
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys just updating you about me
I book for the oath and the earliest will be 13/07 at Carlow district court as I'm living in Carlow
I rang many courts around carlow and the earliest dates were shocking
Portlaios the earliest is 16/12/2011
Clonmel the earliest is 22/07
Wexford the earliest is 27/10
Kilkenny refused to take me as I'm living in Carlow
Waterford refused to take me as well
Most of the courts said they have very high pressure of applicants to take the oath nowadays

so I accepted the Carlow one which is 3 weeks from now
PIKKA

monte

Post by monte » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi 9jeriean, Aceform, Marisa & Alpha-1,

the reason i think it is discrimination against certain nationalities is that I'm Libyan and there isn't many Libyans in Ireland and no one seems to get his approval in less than 3 yrs & this has nothing to do with the current problems in Libya because this trend of late approval is being the case since long time ago,i haven't called INIS lately cos it has been the same awaiting for outside agency reply.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 pm

monte wrote:Hi 9jeriean, Aceform, Marisa & Alpha-1,

the reason i think it is discrimination against certain nationalities is that I'm Libyan and there isn't many Libyans in Ireland and no one seems to get his approval in less than 3 yrs & this has nothing to do with the current problems in Libya because this trend of late approval is being the case since long time ago,i haven't called INIS lately cos it has been the same awaiting for outside agency reply.
Do you have LTR as well? Seems like LTR helps alot of people.

I did not understand this (waiting for outside agency) I suppose it means Garda clearance isn't it? or are they doing the background check from Libya? Seems unlikely.

But let me tell you, I know some indian's who are waiting since 2008 and are still waiting for their reply. So its not only Libyans.

I wish you good luck.

I myself is waiting for my result. I don't have LTR but its been more than 1 year. I am hopeful since a lot of people are getting the replies. Perhaps they will clear the backlog of LTR & Irish Spouse applications, and then will turn to us.

The rate at which they are processing the application means that within 6 months all previous backlog should be dealt.