ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish passport documents query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dublintogalway

irish passport documents query

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Accordin to dfa.ie web site the birth certificate and marraige certificate need to be submitted for new passport application:-
#the long form birth certificate of the applicant and a civil marriage certificate, if appropriate, and evidence of entitlement to Irish citizenship ,where applicable; #
I don't have long form BC. Can I submit affidavit as I did same for naturalization.
Do I need to submit original BC and MC with passport application?Do I have to submit original naturalization certificate or copy of naturalization certificate?
I have not received CON yet(hoping to get in 4-5 weeks time), but just want to gather information in advance so that i could post it asap:)

cheers

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi DublintoGalway,

Actually I am very confused with the Long Form Birth certicate term, would you mind or if anyone else can shed some light on what is mean by Long Form Birth Certificate.
When I applied for naturalization application I got a Birth certificate from my country it's on A4 size page, and inis asked me to get it translated , so I got it translated and sent to inis.
So should I submitt the same birth certicate "original" and a translated copy for the passport application as well.

The below link can help you as well.

http://dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=258

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:22 am

long form BC means it has parents name, place of birth and date of birth etc..which generally are not provided in non EU countries( Eg:- India, Pakistan etc..)

For naturalization, they asked for long form BC and MC. According to DFA site:-

the long form birth certificate of the applicant and a civil marriage certificate, if appropriate, and evidence of entitlement to Irish citizenship ,where applicable;

so i am presuming the following needs to be done:-
1. Birth certificate:- Submit original BC+ Affidavit for BC as it is not in long form+ Certified translation if original BC is not in English.
2. Marraige Certificate:- Submit original MC+ Affidavit for MC as it is not in long form+ Certified translation if original MC is not in English.
I am not sure about CON..do we need to submit this in original or photocopy will suffice:)
Can please somebody confirm about it?
To be honest, I am fed up with all these documents:)
cheers

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you so much mate, for the brief explanation very much appreciated :) however now let's see when the CoN will arrive....Honestly I completely agree with you, just sick of this documentation (bla bla bla) stop it give us a break :)

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:34 pm

we also have to submit photo identification. Photocopy of current passport sufficient?
HamzaCork wrote:Thank you so much mate, for the brief explanation very much appreciated :) however now let's see when the CoN will arrive....Honestly I completely agree with you, just sick of this documentation (bla bla bla) stop it give us a break :)

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:49 pm

hi guys,
do I have to submit original CON or copy of CON with passport application?
What is the timeline for getting CON?

cheers

9jeirean

Re: hi

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:55 pm

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

cheers
Everything you have to submit has to be original except where stated otherwise.

It is difficult to say exact time. Currently taking between 4-6 weeks. There has been a few applicants waiting for longer in recent weeks. Most likely due to the current volume of approvals coming through.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

dublintogalway

Re: hi

Post by dublintogalway » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:25 am

9jeirean wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

cheers
Everything you have to submit has to be original except where stated otherwise.

It is difficult to say exact time. Currently taking between 4-6 weeks. There has been a few applicants waiting for longer in recent weeks. Most likely due to the current volume of approvals coming through.

9jeirean
Thanks a million 9jeirean..

dublintogalway

Query for Irish passport

Post by dublintogalway » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:54 pm

hi guys,

I have copy of affidavit for my Marriage and birth certificates which I obtained while applying for naturalization.
Can i use the same copy for irish passport? or do I have to again get new affidavit done for MC and BC from solicitor?
Is there any validity period for affidavit? According to dfa web site, BC and MC should be submitted in original, but not sure about affidavits...
I have to submit affidavit for MC and BC as there are not in the long form these are required for first time irish passport application.

cheers