ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help us - EEA2, employed, or self sufficient?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

robericom
Newly Registered

Please help us - EEA2, employed, or self sufficient?

Post by robericom » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi all, I would like to go for EEA2 now and need to clear a few things up...

1) My EEA FP expired today, but I would like to apply in the next week or so - is this going to be a problem?

2) My EU wife must apply for EEA1 too (to support my EEA2 Application) - but must send her original Passport - HOW WOULD I THEN SEND HER PASSPORT IN FOR MY APPLICATION?javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

3)My EU wife earns about 600 per month (part-time), and I earn about 2400 per month - She qualifies as employed, but not earning enough (but still working nevertheless) - I back-up her earnings quite sufficiently. Will she be classed as self sufficient and require comprehensive medical insurance if she is half working/half self sufficient? (In all fairness we both pay HUGE taxes, council taxes, NI contributions, etc...) Or will we be OK without it?

4)Actually related to my 2'nd question - can I go for EEA2 without my wife's' EEA1?

Thanks again for a wonderful colossus of knowledge, look forward to hearing from you.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 am

1) Problem with who? You are not legally required to apply for a residence card.
2) She is not required to apply either.
3) As she is obviously a worker she can apply as a worker.
4) See 1).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/