ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant for a Limited Company

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhanupria
Newly Registered

Accountant for a Limited Company

Post by bhanupria » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm on search for the accountant for my limited company(yet to be started). I did some research and found that on avg, monthly accountant fee will be 100£.

Could anyone using limited company give me some suggestions on which accountancy firm is good to go with.

Thanks in advance.

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi,
I thought you were on a Tier2 dependant visa?
I guess the last time you were looking for a job, you had mentioned that you were on Tier2 dependant. Are Tier2 Dependants allowed to do business/open Ltd companies in UK?I didnt know that. Its a real eye opener.
Im sure Tier2 General visa holders are not allowed to run their own business.

Cheers,
Harsha

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

harsha7kp wrote: Im sure Tier2 General visa holders are not allowed to run their own business.
Why not? Working is working...

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello,
Im pretty sure you cannot have your own business on Tier2 General visa.
I have seen the approval letter and although you can work part time with another employer(who is not your sponsor) for 20 hrs/month(and you need another COS employer to sponsor your addintional work).
WHen I asked one of the solicitors about starting a business on Tier2, she immediately refused it saying if that was the case, they would immediately introduce too many loopholes for labour market test and salary criteria for Tier 2 G extensions.
Any documents/website link to state the contrary?
I dont think HO website guidelines have it written specifically, but it does lit all those things that you can work on/as.

But Im not too sure about Tier2 General dependant visa.
Maybe Tier2 Dependant may start their own business.

Anyone else has more info about it?

Cheers,
Harsha

harsha7kp
Newly Registered

Post by harsha7kp » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Ok this proves the point.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 02b5462ec5

But still not sure about Tier2 Dependents starting their own business.
:(
Would be nice to know about it. Becaue if Tier2 dependants can start their own business, that will create kinda loophole wherein Tier2 workers can work as contractors and enter into an arrangement with COS company to get billed through the Dependants company. After a year, once the Dependants business is "established", the dependant can apply for COS for her company and can sponsor her main applicant when his application comes up for renewal.
Its a long shot, but still possible isnt it?
Hmm strange.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Sorry, I was talking about dependents, why would they not be allowed to start their own company?

James.Dunlop
Site Admin

Post by James.Dunlop » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi

A Tier 2 dependent can start a business, but they would be unlikely to be able to become a licensed sponsor unless they became a substantial concern with offices, local employees, etc.

I hope this helps

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

crazy_ram

Re: Accountant for a Limited Company

Post by crazy_ram » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

bhanupria wrote:Hi all,

I'm on search for the accountant for my limited company(yet to be started). I did some research and found that on avg, monthly accountant fee will be 100£.

Could anyone using limited company give me some suggestions on which accountancy firm is good to go with.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I have my friend who is running an Accounting firm. Please send me your contact email or phone number, I will forward your details to them and they will contact you directly...