ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job search during contract period

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asal
BANNED

job search during contract period

Post by asal » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi, Whn there is a month left with current contract,how to approach for new jobs.If I post my cv on job portal then there will be a continous calls which will not be good to attened as colleagues sitting around and moving away from the desk frequenlty also will be a problem in my point of view.can you please advise when should I looking for a new contract if I have 1 month to go.

thanks.

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:56 am

It is not like you will get a job as soon as you finish one. If you can afford to be out of contract for a while after you finish one, then wait until the last day. If not start as soon as you are aware that you will not be extended.

As for attending calls who cares as long as they know that you are finishing :D . It is your call isn't it?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Thats the liberty of being a contractor - everyone knows you are looking for your next role plus you have every right to. As long as it doesnt look like its impacting your work then it should be fine

You also dont need to pick your phone. They will always leave a VM and you can call them back during lunch or an afternoon coffee break - this is plain common sense. You can also tailor your VM to say you are busy and will call back in a few hours.

If you are so worried and get a lot of calls then start hunting the last 2 weeks of your contract and your current employer should definitely inform you of an extension by then

Its really not a problem to be worried of

KP

asal
BANNED

Post by asal » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Many thanks .