ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 /HSMP - Uncertainity Not entertained by Employer

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

puneetdwd

Tier 1 /HSMP - Uncertainity Not entertained by Employer

Post by puneetdwd » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 am

hi All,

Just wanted to share with you my recent experience in Job search as I am looking to change my current position. I applied for number of vacancies thru job portals and when asked I told them that I have Tier1 Visa I got the following responses
I just wanted to check is this an instruction from HomeOffice? If this is the situation the future of Tier1 holder is Dark.
Hi Puneet

It is with regret that I have to inform you my client can no longer employ people on a High Skill Tier 1 Work visa on a permanent basis due to the lack of guarantee’s now in place with regards to permanent residency.
Kind Regards

Hayden Male

Another example:-
1. Do you require a work permit? I mention this as my client will not look at candidates on a Tier1 or HSMP etc?
David W. Broster
Recruitment Division
[/i]
P

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 am

thats a prejudiced answer I think. How on earth they know whats the future.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:10 pm

That is absolutely shocking, but not unexpected. I suggest that others reading this do not simply throw in the towel and give up. I was always completely upfront about my visa status and made it quite clear from the start what visa I was on. I was probably lucky that I never had these issues. From what I could see however, recruitment agencies always removed this type of detail from my CV and the intention was probably to only give the information about visa once someone was happy with me. I did not have to give a copy of my visa with my current employer until after I started with them (although my contract made it clear that if I had no right to work in the UK, my contract was null and void).

puneetdwd

Its for Permanent roles only

Post by puneetdwd » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Even my current job I wasn't asked to show Visa copy or anything. But now I am looking to switch job and finding it difficult in current situation as the new consultation released by Home Office about breaking permanent settlement which causing confusion among employer & Consulting firms to hire on permanent position.
P

republique
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 /HSMP - Uncertainity Not entertained by Employer

Post by republique » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 am

Obviously they are ignorant as Tier 1 is a work permit. Didn't you explain that to them?
puneetdwd wrote:hi All,

Just wanted to share with you my recent experience in Job search as I am looking to change my current position. I applied for number of vacancies thru job portals and when asked I told them that I have Tier1 Visa I got the following responses
I just wanted to check is this an instruction from HomeOffice? If this is the situation the future of Tier1 holder is Dark.
Hi Puneet

It is with regret that I have to inform you my client can no longer employ people on a High Skill Tier 1 Work visa on a permanent basis due to the lack of guarantee’s now in place with regards to permanent residency.
Kind Regards

Hayden Male

1. Do you require a work permit? I mention this as my client will not look at candidates on a Tier1 or HSMP etc?
David W. Broster
Recruitment Division
[/i]

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

I also got the same response from an employer(HR) when I said I have Tier1...
republique wrote:Obviously they are ignorant as Tier 1 is a work permit. Didn't you explain that to them?

Hi Puneet

Kind Regards

Hayden Male

David W. Broster
Recruitment Division
[/i]

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:37 am

Well you guys have to learn how to advocate for yourselves.
mrajkumar wrote:I also got the same response from an employer(HR) when I said I have Tier1...
republique wrote:Obviously they are ignorant as Tier 1 is a work permit. Didn't you explain that to them?

Hi Puneet

Kind Regards

Hayden Male

David W. Broster
Recruitment Division
[/i]