ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am

Perhaps you are better of trying 01516725626. Hopefully you will be able to get through. It is a bit strange not to receive a COA 4 months after application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Post by benbmxer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 am

Perhaps you are better of trying 01516725626. Hopefully you will be able to get through. It is a bit strange not to receive a COA 4 months after application.

Thanks for you answer. I'll try to contact them on this number.

Cheers!

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Many thanks for all your support. I got my RC on saturday 16th. It was issued on the 10th. The visa was actually on an A4 paper (looks very odd)
I sent in my app on the 13th of July.
Got COA after 4 weeks,
Called for my and husbands passport back in the 6th week.
RC issued on the 10th of Jan, received on the 15th of Jan.
I called UKBA in the 5th month and then on the 13th of Jan which was twice.

To those still waiting,
You will be recieving your RC soon , do not give up and God bless u all.

Biza

biza
Newly Registered

Can I travel with Paper RC?

Post by biza » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I have been issued RC on sheet of paper. Can I travel with it?
I want to travel to Africa

Thanks for your advice in advance

Godott

Re: Can I travel with Paper RC?

Post by Godott » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am

biza wrote:Hi everyone.

Yes, you can.
... Theatre of Absurdity..

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am

Godott wrote:

Yes, you can.
Many thanks for your kind response.

Have you got any experience on this. The RC was issued on a plain sheet of paper It's got my picture on it and says it's a residence card.

Travelling to Africa is not the problem my worry is getting stuck there. I need to be sure I can come back to UK with the paper RC.

I rang UKBA help line and the person I spoke to said I cannot travel with it. I am aware they carry false info at times.

So I wish to hear from people with similar experience.

Your response is much appreciated

Thanks

Godott

Post by Godott » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:09 am

biza wrote:
Godott wrote:

Yes, you can.

Have you got any experience on this. The RC was issued on a plain sheet of paper It's got my picture on it and says it's a residence card.

Travelling to Africa is not the problem my worry is getting stuck there. I need to be sure I can come back to UK with the paper RC.

I rang UKBA help line and the person I spoke to said I cannot travel with it. I am aware they carry false info at times.

Thanks

My God!
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard , REGARdING UKBA HELPLINE ANSWER!

Why would they ISSUE you a residence on A4 otherwise if not valid???

I have know idea who are HR managers that employ such creeps with the UK Border Agency. Seems like they have nothing to do with the law.

Anyway, you have all rights to COME BACK, if they have an issue with your A4 RC , they can check in their system ANYTIME! I heard that RC issued on A4 may only cause fuss with other countries of EU, when planning to visit them.. but regarding UK , ofcourse they MUST accept it as they issued it for you at the first place!

Which number did you call? I will call them now!

Ps, I have been told my documents are sent to some department for the dispatch but yet not sent off to me, so I have complained now as I dont want to wait for ages, I have my life to live and my plans to realize. My passport is with me at the time , so I guess they issued it on the A4. BUt i am GOIGNT to travel whenever I want, even this or next weekend to PAris with my hubbie, so let see who can stop me!

Did you call them on 0845 010 5200?

ps2 Dont worry, they are not the law.. as they are like us.. complying to the law.

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:21 am

Godott wrote:
biza wrote:
Godott wrote:

Yes, you can.

Thanks

My God!

I have know idea who are HR managers that employ such creeps with the UK Border Agency. Seems like they have nothing to do with the law.

Anyway, you have all rights to COME BACK, if they have an issue with your A4 RC , they can check in their system ANYTIME! I heard that RC issued on A4 may only cause fuss with other countries of EU, when planning to visit them.. but regarding UK , ofcourse they MUST accept it as they issued it for you at the first place!

Ps, I have been told my documents are sent to some department for the dispatch but yet not sent off to me, so I have complained now as I dont want to wait for ages, I have my life to live and my plans to realize. My passport is with me at the time , so I guess they issued it on the A4. BUt i am GOIGNT to travel whenever I want, even this or next weekend to PAris with my hubbie, so let see who can stop me!

ps2 Dont worry, they are not the law.. as they are like us.. complying to the law.
I called 0151 672 5626 .
My worry is actually in Africa. Not sure if they will allow me to board a flight to UK with the paper RC. they can be a bit funny there..

Godott

Post by Godott » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 am

biza wrote:
Godott wrote:
biza wrote:
Godott wrote:
Yes, you can.

Thanks

My God!

I called 0151 672 5626 .
My worry is actually in Africa. Not sure if they will allow me to board a flight to UK with the paper RC. they can be a bit funny there..

Just spoke to Immigration officer in Heathrow, and the mans said correctly! Of course you can go back to UK with that RC , and he said if the airline makes you a problem just tell them to call Immigration officers , wherever you are and they will sort the things for you , as they will find you in their system! Which makes a sense!
the only problem would be if you were going to travel elsewhere than UK, other EU member state, than for example French airline would make an issue with allowing you to board for Paris.

Number I have called is 020 874 56801 ( the lady on the number 08450105200 gave it to me)

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:37 am

Godott wrote:
biza wrote:
Godott wrote:
biza wrote: Many thanks for your kind response.

Thanks

My God!

I called 0151 672 5626 .

Just spoke to Immigration officer in Heathrow, and the mans said correctly! Of course you can go back to UK with that RC , and he said if the airline makes you a problem just tell them to call Immigration officers , wherever you are and they will sort the things for you , as they will find you in their system! Which makes a sense!
the only problem would be if you were going to travel elsewhere than UK, other EU member state, than for example French airline would make an issue with allowing you to board for the Paris
Many thanks for you kind advise.

Godott

Post by Godott » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:39 am

You welcome.
Even if they start making an issue in any of the airport, dont give up and stand up for your rights! :wink:

abdi
Newly Registered

Post by abdi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 pm

hello evryone. I was issued my RC last year december. I sent it to the dvla wich was a misstake becouse they lost it. Now people are telling me that i have to reapply the hole prossec again ang wait another 6 months perhaps more. is that thrue, i mean all i need is a replacement, isnt evrything in the pc anyway? have any of you been in my situation or do you know how it works.. thank you very much in advance. like to hear from you guys

Godott

Post by Godott » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 pm

abdi wrote:hello evryone. I was issued my RC last year december. I sent it to the dvla wich was a misstake becouse they lost it. Now people are telling me that i have to reapply the hole prossec again ang wait another 6 months perhaps more. is that thrue, i mean all i need is a replacement, isnt evrything in the pc anyway? have any of you been in my situation or do you know how it works.. thank you very much in advance. like to hear from you guys
Never heard of replacement for RC, but isnt excluded.
I suggest you to re-apply again for RC, and after one month ask for your passport, and if you are to travel across the Europe, you would be just fine with only marriage certificate if you are non-visa national ( as the man mentioned , previously). Visa national means you would need to obtain tourist visa for UK, non visa nationals usually can enter the UK as tourist without visa but cant work.

And if u are to travel with only marriage certificate and for example your EEA spouse, then I would suggest to use some of the afirrmed airlines such as British Airways, as the staff may be more introduced with the immigration matter ( that was my personal opinion but does not mean I am right) .

And always, if you have some special reason for travelling, you may ask HO to make your case priority , precisely to speed up your new application.

farazahmed123
Newly Registered

Re: eea2 wait

Post by farazahmed123 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi

how you doing all.
i had hearing in the court regarding the refusal of my application caused by the interview.i applied visa last year in feburay.
i got hearing outside london last week my barrister told me that the hearing gona be very tough and i have to face serious questions from the HO barrister.but when the hearing starts judge asked HO barrister to present the rejection papers but he said that he dint bring it today and he wants next hearing so he can be prepare next time but judge said that its our fault you supposed to bring all the relevant documents and now the point gona go against you so you have to start the hearing.anyways the hearing started judge asked HO solicitor to ask he asked me only one question to me and one to my wife and judge asked him again if you want to ask anything he said NO.with in 15mins judge told us the hearing is over now and wait for the decision .

the judge was very friendly and smiling all the time.my barrister told me that judge has already done the decision in my favour thats why he did not ask too many things plus the HO solicitor was not prepared and not to much active aswell.

so what you guys think about it.
thanks