ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

General discussion after BC and Passport application

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 pm

A Request to Moderators......can we please create another post only for general discussion after BC application where forum members can disucss different things, ask questions, share emotions etc....

I miss talking to many of the members these days
Last edited by rnr79 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

cctv_man
Newly Registered

Re: General discussion after BC application

Post by cctv_man » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

rnr79 wrote:A Request to Moderators......can we please create another post only for general discussion after BC application where forum members can disucss different things, ask questions, share emotions etc....

I miss talking to many of the members these days
me too

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:52 pm

ya this is a good idea.

Our posts on Timeline sticky have already been deleted.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Members are free to post their questions and queries in the forum, as is the norm.

Just as some members seem to be complaining of "boredom" because they are no longer able to "chat" in certain topic(s), there have been far many more complaints / feedback from members that topic(s) meant for a specific purpose has been turned into a medium to chat by (some) people while their application is under process.

Naturalisation / registration applications take time to process just as other immigration applications do. And the topic(s) in question do(es) not restrict members from posting information relevant to their application processing timelines .. but do(es) instruct contributing members to post in a manner that is useful (to everyone), helpful in retaining focus on the stated subject of the topic(s) and eliminates duplication of posts / information.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Boring as those threads may seem, it is actually a lot easier to read and get the desired information. It is probably best to reserve 'chattering' to this thread and keep the other ones 'clean'. If the moderator would be kind enough to make this thread a sticky perhaps those needing to talk about general things will not need to have their posts deleted.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Running two topics to post timeline information - one for those who feel bored because they are unable to view / post information in a manner they wish to, and another for those to prefer otherwise - defeats the purpose.

Relieving boredom is not the purpose of the forum nor it is to provide a medium for chatting to those who miss talking to others.

Also, given some technical issues, extracting irrelevant posts / posts not confirming to T&Cs from an unending topic running into tens / hundreds of pages is a challenge (impossible, rather) for the moderators. And, it is not possible for moderators (who give freely their time to manage the forum) to monitor these topics without having to spend time in looking for such posts embedded within the unending pages of a topic (searching for needle(s) in a haystack).

While the decision may seem to be not fair or not in the interest of a few, it has been taken with the interest of everyone into consideration - including operational constraints at hand.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 am

It seems that the In the last few days decisions process has slowed down, not many approvals recently.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:10 am

i applied on the 10th of may i called homeoffice on monday and they told me that its awaiting consideration.i dont know if its with a case worker or not but i can see that people who applied after me already got their decision.

lasam

Post by lasam » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 am

same with me i applied on 5th of may and my application was waiting allocation when i called on 5th of july :(

giz

Post by giz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:12 am

lasam wrote:same with me i applied on 5th of may and my application was waiting allocation when i called on 5th of july :(
Just be patient, I applied on 12th April and I'm still waiting! Haven't called the HO at all as I knew from the outset that the process can take anything up to 6 months.

Remember...."good things come to those who wait"

Giz 8)

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 am

I still haven't received my acknowledgement letter! I know its not important but wonder what's happened to it! Hopefully should get it this week!

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 am

giz wrote: Remember...."good things come to those who wait"

Giz 8)
Thats true giz..I applied on 14th of May, called once only because i had to update some details..I am going to try not to call again..will see how long i can hold on :)

allta

Post by allta » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 am

Well, for me boredom isn't the issue here. People should be given the liberty of freedom of speech and expression! People are different and have varing degree of patience levels. This ain't dictatorship driven forum and any power hungry moderator should get a life!

Fair enough if some wants a timeline only thread, but make no mistake at concluding that only few wants discussion thread after applying for BC.

In as much I understand that moderation can be a challenge when threads spiral into 100s of pages; restricting what people say and where they say it is a thing of the reverse progressive ideology! What should happen is a sticky for timeline only and another for General discussion. This is fairness personified an I bet you that there will be more traffic hitting General discussion thread over timeline only. It's simply human nature, we are not robots and have that social etiqutte embedded in our genes. People (allbeit not all) want to network, why not give them the opportunity to? People (allbeit not everyone) wants to congratulate successful applicants and make no mistake, there are some nervy applicants out there who can do with more of encouragements.

Yes, the argument will be that why not open new threads for every discussion, if this is a valid opinion, then I submit that each person putting up his/her timeline should do so with individual thread. What is good for the goose (discussions/chats) should also be equally good for the ganders(timelines) from general and admin perspective.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

lasam

Post by lasam » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 am

giz wrote:
lasam wrote:same with me i applied on 5th of may and my application was waiting allocation when i called on 5th of july :(
Just be patient, I applied on 12th April and I'm still waiting! Haven't called the HO at all as I knew from the outset that the process can take anything up to 6 months.

Remember...."good things come to those who wait"

Giz 8)
thanks very mcuh wish good news will be coming soon to every one

i am not being impatient its just when i see other applicants who applied after me got their decision i feel exited to call as well to check the status of my application but got disapointed, but on the other hand there are others who applied before me including you and still waitng, so hopfully by the end of this week you hear some good news and as you said good news come to those who wait so let wait and see

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 am

you are alta i have been addicted to this forum the first 1 do in the morning is to check whats going on because it really helps the applicants to communicate with other applicants i think the moderator should let the discussion go on.so we can all share our experiences.[/list][/i][/u][/quote]

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 am

rnr79,

I don't think approvals have slowed down. I think they have actually picked up. If you see the time line thread, few approvals already this week.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm

sonya24 wrote:you are alta i have been addicted to this forum the first 1 do in the morning is to check whats going on because it really helps the applicants to communicate with other applicants i think the moderator should let the discussion go on.so we can all share our experiences.[/list][/i][/u]
Yes alta, sonya24..it is very helpful to keep communication going on, though informally we get lots of information in these forums, and that was the main reason this morning i have added a comment to this thread :wink:

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 pm

thanks rnr79 all applicants who have any update from homeoffice please update here so atleast we should know whats going on.

giz

Approvals & refusals?

Post by giz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

I realise that everybody on this thread, including myself, has applied for BC and most have been approved or in the process of waiting for approval, but has anybody actually been refused? and if so, on what grounds?
I understand that the majority of applicants, myself included, have straightforward applications but from what I've researched a very small percentage of applications are refused for different reasons.
Those that have been refused will probably not want to share their story, but I thought it was worth asking anyway.

Giz

Nazia88

Re: Approvals & refusals?

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:24 pm

giz wrote:I realise that everybody on this thread, including myself, has applied for BC and most have been approved or in the process of waiting for approval, but has anybody actually been refused? and if so, on what grounds?
I understand that the majority of applicants, myself included, have straightforward applications but from what I've researched a very small percentage of applications are refused for different reasons.
Those that have been refused will probably not want to share their story, but I thought it was worth asking anyway.

Giz
yeah we never heard anybody yet but long time ago i red one post that one person been refused due to some mitaken identity. well i still didnt undertand that post its better if someone senior share their experties here
NAZIA XX

CheerfulBelle
Newly Registered

Post by CheerfulBelle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:07 pm

giz wrote:I realise that everybody on this thread, including myself, has applied for BC and most have been approved or in the process of waiting for approval, but has anybody actually been refused? and if so, on what grounds?

Giz
I have heard of cases where;
1. people have applied for bc before they are eligible,
2. Have spent too much time out of the country,
3. Have convictions that go against the set citizenship criteria etc

I think the list is inexhaustible, and if you not careful with following the guidelines, you could get a refusal. I think though that, a lot of people applying for citizenship have had some experience within the immigration system, so are quite knowledgable in navigating through the system.

I think nobody should ever take it for granted that they will get approval. That's why it's still a nail biting time.

mohammadmu
Newly Registered

Almost six months and still waiting

Post by mohammadmu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

For those who are anywhere closer to or had similer kind of timelines.
Applied in January and aknowledgment received on the 9th Feb and still awaiting approval !
I will be very much interested in hearing from u plsss.
Just dont know what to do really?

Nazia88

Re: Almost six months and still waiting

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 pm

mohammadmu wrote:For those who are anywhere closer to or had similer kind of timelines.
Applied in January and aknowledgment received on the 9th Feb and still awaiting approval !
I will be very much interested in hearing from u plsss.
Just dont know what to do really?
its sad to hear that but its six mounth now you have to call them and asked the reason or offer them more assistence if they needed (more doucments or proof etc)
under what catagory you haved applied and how i mean by NCS/POST/LAYWER so please contact to the ukba and tell your time or speak with any caseworker about that ok
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 pm

CheerfulBelle wrote:

Giz
I have heard of cases where;
1. people have applied for bc before they are eligible,
2. Have spent too much time out of the country,
3. Have convictions that go against the set citizenship criteria etc

I think the list is inexhaustible, and if you not careful with following the guidelines, you could get a refusal. I think though that, a lot of people applying for citizenship have had some experience within the immigration system, so are quite knowledgable in navigating through the system.

I think nobody should ever take it for granted that they will get approval. That's why it's still a nail biting time.
as far as i serched and found there are two main reasons

1: resident requirement it could be extra absent or the not physical present 5/3 year before the application reached at HO.

2: Some person had/have conviction which resulted to go to court to decided but they dont disclose them few of them successed aswel.

and many rare chance to refuse on any others issue.
NAZIA XX

mohammadmu
Newly Registered

Re: Almost six months and still waiting

Post by mohammadmu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 pm

its sad to hear that but its six mounth now you have to call them and asked the reason or offer them more assistence if they needed (more doucments or proof etc)
under what catagory you haved applied and how i mean by NCS/POST/LAYWER so please contact to the ukba and tell your time or speak with any caseworker about that ok[/quote]

Thanks Nazia

called them a couple of times over the last few months. Most recently was yesterday when they said that it was still under consideration!
I applied through the NCS merton. How would i know if they needed more documents. Also you mentioned that i can speak with a caseworker. Is it possible?

ta Mohammad