ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Special case for Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ahmed
Newly Registered

Special case for Germany

Post by Ahmed » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:34 am

Greetings of peace.

I am a Canadian citizen looking to relocate to Germany. I do not have a university degree, but have held an IT position for four years. My company does have a German branch, and I did almost get a job offer there, but my German was not developed yet. I'm still learning it, but am counting on my future time in Germany to get it fluent (I'm aware as to how strict Germans are with linguistic fluency!).

My immediate situation is this: I have a child with a German woman and would like to unite there. The situation called for her to stay in Germany with the child, and I am stuck here in Canada desperately looking for a way over there. Waiting here for four years to get a university degree is sadly not an option. Nor can I accept any fulltime employment or education program as she needs to do her studies first.

So, it boils down to needing to move now, and focus on studying and work later. It's been said that my advantage is that I'm a Canadian with a fulltime progressing job and all the opportunities available here, so I'm in no way like a leech from less-privileged countries moving there only to sit on welfare. My woman is alone with the child, and that's not helping anybody.

Any wise options out there? Most gracious thanks to you.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:06 pm

Not to sound trivial or intruding, but... was marriage considered as one of the scenarios?

Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:02 pm

Thanks for asking.

Indeed, we intend to get married. How easy would that be in this case?

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:09 pm

I am not an expert in the current rules for Germany, but I assume it would be a straight-forward process, giving you work and residency rights, perhaps with a conditional period. Should relieve all your current concerns.